Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've broken a chain of 38 aron the other day, I just gave up after that but will try again later. And I got up to that just by entering four aways only, of
course following the rules and I was even using a poke w/ Magnet Pull. But I guess that is the way of chaining.

wooHOO! Caught my first shiny chatot! :D

I've got 414 super repels left.. I wonder how long I can keep the chain going.

nice. do you know nature/IVs yet? and good luck continuing your streak. im in the middle of a swablu chain myself.

@ below

some easy chaining prospects would probably be starly or bidoof in the first route. they each have a 50 % find rate so the odds of breaking your chain should be relatively lower than in other areas. this is just my thoughts, and it was my first chain that i found relatively easy.

Thank you SO much for your excellent guide!

You have compiled pretty much every single aspect of chaining imaginable, and have explained all of it in a very easily understandable way so even newbie pokemon trainers like me can understand!

I personally don't have a single shiny yet, the first shiny I ever ran into was when I only JUST restarted pearl (I don't have pearl anymore, but I have diamond) and I didn't even have any poke balls yet....It was a shiny starly, I was SO annoyed =\

Anyway, I'm reading through your guide now and after I'm done I'm going to go straight to chaining again on Diamond, I'll keep you posted on any shinys I may get!

P.S Any suggestions for some easily chain-able pokemon to start off with? It may be on your guide but I haven't finished reading it yet. Thanks again!

P.P.S Also, is the only way to get a GOOD chance to see the correct IV's of a pokemon, to train it a bit after catching it and record the EV's and previous stats?

Anyway, again thanks heaps!

EDIT: Oh also in the guide, when you say reset the pokeradar (I know someone else asked too) do you mean to make it so that it will start at 1 again?

EDIT: Oh wait, I get it now (forgot lol, haven't chained in a while) resetting just means walking another 50 steps (50 right?) then pressing the button to use the radar XD, lol got it now.

I don't know anything yet.. it's in box. I've gone about 20 repels since then.. nothing yet.

Edit: make that 2 caught.....3 :D 6! 8!! I ran out of pokeballs.. lol. noob mistake.

Diesel, as my token of appreciation for you making this guide I'm willing to make images for this thread for free for you.

Ok, here are my results.. 8 shiny chatots-

1) 9 / 2 / 8 / 23 / 27 / 31 Docile

2) 16 / 15 / 6 / 25 / 7 / 21 Modest hp ice 54

3) 1 / 11 / 7 / 21 / 0 / 12 Brave

4) 0 / 3 / 10 / 7 / 22 / 17 Jolly

5) 5 / 2 / 26 / 2 / 7 / 1 Rash

6) 30 / 11 / 4 / 26 / 28 / 11 Mild hp poison 47

7) 23 / 5 / 7 / 10 / 6 / 16 Modest

8) 18 / 16 / 21 / 17 / 26 / 11 Hardy

2 and 6 are pretty decent.

the defenses are just awful on two, but how good are chatot's to begin with? HP Ice is interesting (albeit a low power but still).

congratulations hen.

I've broken 39, 32, 34, 29, 28, 27, 24, 22 Eevee chains the past two days :( The littl bugger is impossible to pull off, and not even an early shiny to show for my efforts :(.

those are painful pablo. what nature are you going for? i've always though eevee needed egg moves to be even remotely useful, though getting seven shinies for the price of one is still nice.

I only brought along Timid synchronizer, but I'm close to giving up on these guys. I figured the best I can do is a Calm Mind Baton Passing Espeon, but I only want these to grow my collection. I also chain Porygon if it pops up, which happened just now so I'm off to chain that.

EDIT: I'm sitting on a 39 Porygon chain, I'm so afraid to enter another patch lol. If I manage 40, I will use up all my Repels and catch as many as possible until a) I break the chain by mistake, b) run out of PokeBalls, c) run out of PP, d) run out repels, e)run out of space on my boxes, which sadly seems very likely :(.

EDIT2: I got one of those patterns where only one of the same type of bush as I started my chain (the yellow ones) and 3 of the others rustled, and the yellow one was 4 spaces away, so I knew it was a safe advancement onto 40 :). Now to see how many I have the patience to get. All will be Timid synched.

EDIT3: I've only found one shiny after 42 Max Repels used. I hope these guys start coming faster. I'm at 235 Max Repels/543 Super Repels left.

EDIT4: I now stand at 7 shinies, after 120 Max Repels. Number 7 came right after the battle where I caught number 6.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well right now I'm going for a shiny Glameow for Gin. Dam these things are easy to chain, I've never yet had to reset the radar :) If I can get Limber, Jolly, and 31 spe IV I get a bonus :D

Thanks kingbattlus! Or should I say sensei :P

I brought my ds to work and got money inbetween calls... lol. Now I have 800+ repels and an insane amount of pokeballs. I bet I can keep the next chain going for days :D

Silly little graphic I threw together.. I need a crisp image of the grassy area. :P

http://www.bugawk.net/cs/imgs/grassypatchshinyhunt.jpg

I made it to help the people over on my forum who are trying to learn. I hope you don't mind me referencing you, diesel.
That's all correct, right?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
chain broke @ 17, but now I'm back up to 17!

EDIT: 28...

40, got one. Limber :), but Bold :( Sync obviously didn't kick in.

Dang, i've been chaining over the past day and haven't done all that well.

I mainly went for shinx, which I got to 8, then 16, then 35...then 40, then about 20 resets after 40 i ran into a starly...

I then did tried to chain a bunch of random pokemon, didn't do all that well.

I really need a good starting pokemon that people can suggest.

Also, what is the point of shinys? Like I mean, could you trade a shiny geodude for a kyogre or something? Also, are you meant to train a shiny at all? Or just trade it? Coz I see everyone keeping them un-trained.

Anyway, thanks again!

it all depends on the person for the last question dtram; right now i have all mine untrained simply beacuse i haven't worked out the EV spreads for them. when i do that, though, i will train them just like anything else. many people will simply collect them im sure, and will trade them for just about anything if you get really good IVs, too (something i'm trying to do). once i get myself settled in i may start offering it as a service much like breeding projects. i haven't decided yet.

and for the time you reached 40... how did you run into anything? aren't you only entering shiny patches once you reach 40? if so, you should have a shiny shinx right now. was it while you were resetting the radar?

if by starting pokemon you mean something that you can easily chain, i think geodude/phanpy are in a good route (north of oreburgh city), and most people have no probelms with shinx, bidoof and starly.

and hen that's a great pic if you can get a clearer image. at least you have the hang of it :)

pablo, check the IVs on any of those? also, are you positive that it's safe when you get 3 opposite/1 same as your type of patch? yours was the four away right? what if it's not the 4 away? is it still safe? that would save a bunch of time i think, if it works.

I havent checked any IV's, I still have the chain going, and I'm going back to it now. I'm down to 120 Max Repels and same amount of Super Repels, with 8 shiny Porygons. I wont be able to check any until I finish the chain. I hope I don't mess it up.

I forgot to adress your question KB. I'm pretty sure a pattern like that will not breka your chain like 90% of the time if it's not the 4th patch, it could be on the 1, 2 or 3 range and be 90% safe I think, and if it's on the 4th it probably is like 95-99% safe. The way I see it is this: there is ALWAYS a patch that will continue your chain, even if its not the 4th, certainly one of the 4 will continue your chain if you saw all 4 rustle. So if it's only one that shook the same way as the one you started off with, it has the highest chance to continue your chain, it's not 100%, none are, but by simple logic IMO it's a very safe pattern and has worked for me almost all the time.

Ok my first successful chaining project..Nincada! Unfortunately the synch didn't work 80% of the time which...sucks...

Tossed
Bashful 12/31/3/18/31/26
Gentle 17/24/29/4/31/10
Naive 20/30/5/10/1/17
Adamant 11/21/6/15/10/6
Quirky 22/11/24/28/24/1
Brave 6/19/1/13/28/20
Quirky 3/7/13/12/2/25
Modest 7/25/13/30/28/18
Modest 23/29/16/12/10/5
Jolly 8/31/22/18/25/2
Modest 31/3/14/2/30/30
Naive 5/18/7/15/23/1
Gentle 15/8/9/10/5/27
Adamant 31/13/22/x/x/0
Quirky 30/12/1/25/5/3
Mild 11/0/x/x/x/x
Jolly 4/13/6/26/13/23
Calm 6/18/25/25/14/5
Bashful 23/17/14/x/x/3
Lonely 10/24/15/17/2/14
Adamant 20/14/8/6/9/15
Adamant 18/1/1/x/x/0
Adamant 27/4/11/4/9/30
Quiet 3/3/11/x/x/0
Adamant 13/13/25/31/31/24
Adamant 15/16/3/11/9/1
Serious 27/29/2/x/x/28
Timid 1/1/18/12/11/10
Rash 10/15/23/6/19/10
Adamant 2/1/22/25/27/25
Mild 7/17/3/9/0/30
Sassy 20/7/0/x/x/x
Adamant 0/0/x/x/x/x

Kept
Naughty 29/15/22/2/24/31
Rash 2/31/24/19/26/30
Adamant 26/3/11/17/26/30
Naughty 20/22/6/30/30/19
Adamant 28/29/11/26/6/23
Adamant 10/29/7/30/21/26 - Kept this one for Shedi.

Pretty disappointed since most were crap and the good ived ones have the wrong nature. =\ Stoped at Chain 82 and caught 40 Shinies.

That blows a lot forbidden :( . Getting IV's ain't so easy is it? I remember this one time I chained 40+ Modest Metagrosses for some guy and got similar results to the ones you just posted. Frustrating, eh?

forbidden that's rather impressive. that many shinies is time consuming and no easy feat, congratulations.

i successfully did mr. mime (it's in my thread) and i've bred a bit as well. i hope to do snover when i reach the peak of mt. coronet. im in canalave now so i still have a bit more to do in-game before i'm ready for that.

i have a quick question because i am having trouble chaining. What pokemon would you recommend i start with. I have tried:
Stunky --- got 14 in a row
Ponyta --- got 12 in a row
Starly --- got 15 in a row
but everytime the chain gets broken, by another pokemon. I took your advice and only went into the ones with sparkles that are at least 4 away from me, but sometimes there are different pokemon inside there.

Since sending you this via pm Diesel, i was able to get a chain of 24 machops until a stupid larvitar ruined it.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
i have a quick question because i am having trouble chaining. What pokemon would you recommend i start with. I have tried:
Stunky --- got 14 in a row
Ponyta --- got 12 in a row
Starly --- got 15 in a row
but everytime the chain gets broken, by another pokemon. I took your advice and only went into the ones with sparkles that are at least 4 away from me, but sometimes there are different pokemon inside there.

Since sending you this via pm Diesel, i was able to get a chain of 24 machops until a stupid larvitar ruined it.
dude, chaining is NOT easy, trust me...
you'll have to work very very hard to master chaining. If you read Diesel's whole guide, there's nothing more you have to know, just keep trying, and good luck!

Well, I'm getting good at chaining, right now I have:

Farfetch'd (my first shiny EVER)
shinx
bidoof
gastly

do NOT ask about IVs...
well, I'll keep trying, thanks so much Diesel for this AWESOME guide, it told me what have been wrong in my chaining, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)