Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Today, seeing as it's absolutly bucketing down at 10 AM and there's no chance of me having to do anything today with my father away on a buisness trip I'm going to attempt to chain a Houndour with a good Hidden Power. I'll be happy if I get anything even mentioned in the analysis. Inc FIght / Ice / Grass / Elec / Ground. BTW it's timid + Flash fire hopefully.

Thanks all, I'm glad it's helpful. I know how frustrating it is to just not *get* how to do all this.

If you'd like me to make another graphic like the first one, where it's an actual screen shot from in game I'd be happy to do so. If someone can provide a clear *crisp* screen shot I'll get to it. :)

PS: I hate bagon chaining. I fail. A lot. :(

Sunday

Here's the results of my Houndoom chain

M Timid Flash Fire Houndoom
18 / 0 / 0 - 2 / 29 / 1 / 2
Hidden Power Elec / Psych 35-8

F Timid Flash Fire Houndoom
2 / 19 / 7 / 11 / 18 / 1
Hidden Power Type is 'Steel'. Hidden Power Power is 64.

F Timid Early Bird Houndoom
31 / 23 / 30 / 4 / 31 / 8 - 9 Fire 54 or Grass 54

F Bashful Early Bird Houndoom

All absolute shit >:(

wowwww....
So good except...where you want it to be good. =(

Gonna try more?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I chained an amazing Ditto yesterday. And since I feel really happy, you guys should take a look.

Timid Ditto!
IVs: 31/30/30/26/10/8

The nature kinda doesn't match, but 3 near-flawless! I'm so fucking lucky. This seems like a good idea for an HP Ice Jolteon or something.

Can you all help me? I can't seem to chain dittos. I go to the route where Serebii says (Route 218) and I turn on the PokeRadar and go into the 4-Away patches, but I just get Floatzel.

Why is that? Why can't I get Ditto?

the flashing patches are the only patches where radar pokes are. You have to find the poke in the flashing patch and then continue the chain

I kinda lost heart after my chain of Roselia broke at 35 because I was too lazy to reset the radar.

I'm going to try again tonight.

I'm having a horrible time at chaining, here's my failed efforts:

Larvitar: Broke at a chain of 4(I think these little buggers are the hardest to chain)

Geodude: Broke at a chain of 21(it broke even though it was the same type of patch it appeared in before, and it was a 4 away, and the other 3 patches were of the common type. I don't understand why this one broke.)

Nidoran(female): Broke at a chain of 17(and yes it was a 4 away patch and of the same type)

That's my horrible luck of the day, will keep trying though, this time while remembering Diesel's guide:)

@ shelcario larvitars werent that hard for me. i got a couple shinys and then only broke the chain cuz i sneezed while running. damn. i think the hardest part is finding a place to reset that will yield the most safe places.

Sunday - Disappointing, that's been on my to-chain list for a little while too now that I just beat Pearl. Hope to get a good HP one within the next couple weeks. Hopefully I didn't waste all my HP luck on Venomoth.

@Kusaninja: It seems that way for me that Larvitars are harder because even though I go into a 4 away the chain breaks at like 4. Other pokes are easier, it's just Larvitar and I don't know why:(

I have a lot of trouble with Pokéradar Pokémon... The best I've got was 17 Spoinks, and that was a swarm I believe. Anyway, I'm hoping to get a Roselia soon... I got my chain up to 20 before it broke. I'm doing pretty well, I could never get more than 17 before finding this guide.

@Shelcario: Check the 'cluster' and 'isolated' sections of the guide... that might be the problem. Sometimes patches on the very edges break the chain for no reason. -shakes fist- I'm chaining at the Trophy Garden.

A random peice of info that mos of you probably know, you can tell if your chain is going to break before the battle actually starts by glancing at the bottom screen, where it shows the number of Pokémon you've chained. If the number blinks away at the last second before the battle, you know you've broken your chain.

Also, I find it helps to stare at a sprite of the shiny you want to get if you get discouraged... after taking a break, of course. It motivates me. xD

I already know about that I just don't utilize the guide like most of you do and I'm going to start today, so I can start my monstrous amount of shiny collecting:)

Nope, you have to fish in Mt. Coronet if you want a shiny dratini. Good Luck with that if you do as it will take you a while as does SRing:)

Kuri-Chan - Chain Budews in the forest, the trophy garden is very difficult to chain in, although I have little/no experience in it.

Ok, i have a quick question:

One of my favorite pokemon is Teddiursa; and i would really like to get a shiny one. However, one of the games stolen from me was my Emerald version, which leads to my question, is there any way to chain for a teddiursa without Emerald? Thank you.

Sunday

wowwww....
So good except...where you want it to be good. =(

Gonna try more?
maybe... depends if I enter SBP this month. School holidays coming up so unless I get a flood of chaining jobs I may do at least one more.

I knew I should have tried chaining Skarmorys that day instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)