Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stab move with 90 base power is only 2% weaker than a unsatabbed base 140 one, not to mention that boomburst hits nothing for se damage. Why on earth would gardevoir/auroros/or anything non normal want to use it when its basically eating up a slot that could be better used with a real coverage move.
Mega Gardevoir has Pixelate, and Aurorus has Refrigerate. They do get STAB and super effective coverage.

A stab move with 90 base power is only 2% weaker than a unsatabbed base 140 one, not to mention that boomburst hits nothing for se damage. Why on earth would gardevoir/auroros/or anything non normal want to use it when its basically eating up a slot that could be better used with a real coverage move.
Because MegaGardevoir gets ability Pixilate, which turns all Normal-type moves into Fairy type. Now imagine the same 140 base power move with FAIRY STAB behind it. Yep, now it sounds scary especially when its power doesn't drop.

Auroros has Refrigate, which turns normal moves into Ice types. Heck, Ice is IMO as good if not better STAB to abuse.

EDIT: Ninja'd x_X.

I think there is reason to believe they'll get SOME unorthodox move like Boomburst because if not what's the point of their abilities? Good luck finding good converted special moves.

The foe's Mega Lucario used Close Combat!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 49.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 12.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 13.
It's super effective! Furfrou lost 94.9% of its health!
The foe's Mega Lucario's Defense fell!
The foe's Mega Lucario's Special Defense fell!

All hail to the new king of the metagame.

A lot of special stab moves aren't even base 90 any more. :|

Its also much stronger than super effective Hidden Power, so it is a decent coverage move.

The foe's Mega Lucario used Close Combat!
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 12.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 13.
It's super effective! Furfrou lost 94.9% of its health!
The foe's Mega Lucario's Defense fell!
The foe's Mega Lucario's Special Defense fell!

All hail to the new king of the metagame.
Now I'm really damn curious how much Fur Coat ability reduces damage, because I find it hard to believe it's standard 50% (like in case of Intimidate) because with 75/55 physical bulk surviving Adaptability STAB Close Combat which hits for SE damage seems rather impossible even with 50% reduced damage. In case someone know, probably confirmed stats:

#676 - Furfrou (Normal)
Base 75/80/55/65/90/100
Fur Coat

And...

[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 12.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 13.

Those numbers means percentage of reduced damage ? 49 + 12 + 13 = 74% ? Or something else ?

I think there is reason to believe they'll get SOME unorthodox move like Boomburst because if not what's the point of their abilities? Good luck finding good converted special moves.
Round & Echo Voice might have gimmicky usage in doubles/triples i guess
Now I'm really damn curious how much Fur Coat ability reduces damage, because I find it hard to believe it's standard 50% (like in case of Intimidate) because with 75/55 physical bulk surviving Adaptability STAB Close Combat which hits for SE damage seems rather impossible even with 50% reduced damage. In case someone know, probably confirmed stats:

#676 - Furfrou (Normal)
Base 75/80/55/65/90/100
Fur Coat

And...

[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 12.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 13.

Those numbers means percentage of reduced damage ? 49 + 12 + 13 = 74% ? Or something else ?
Is it possible the program just glitched out

Round & Echo Voice might have gimmicky usage in doubles/triples i guess

Is it possible the program just glitched out
Yeah, I thought of it as well, but MAYBE I thought of something else. I checked some damage calculation trying to figure out how Fur Coat may actually work and I think it works exactly the same as Huge Power, but for Physical Defense (assuming it's NOT a glitch). I'm assuming Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou.

STAB Adaptability Neutral Nature MegaLucario Close Combat vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Natured Furfrou +2 (I'm assuming Fur Coat gives free +2 Boost like in case of Iron Defense for example)

82.49%-98.31%

Well, if it works I think it works it has 389 base HP and... 458 defense stats with this investment. Correct me if I'm wrong somewhere, but suddenly this dog is appealing if my theory is right and has good movepool (as Normal type it should) and GOOD base 100 speed for defensive Pokemon. Can someone confirm this in-game to prove me right or wrong because something still doesn't seem right to me...

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I thought of it as well, but MAYBE I thought of something else. I checked some damage calculation trying to figure out how Fur Coat may actually work and I think it works exactly the same as Huge Power, but for Physical Defense (assuming it's NOT a glitch). I'm assuming Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou.

STAB Adaptability Neutral Nature MegaLucario Close Combat vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Natured Furfrou +2 (I'm assuming Fur Coat gives free +2 Boost like in case of Iron Defense for example)

82.49%-98.31%

Well, if it works I think it works it has 389 base HP and... 458 defense stats with this investment. Correct me if I'm wrong somewhere, but suddenly this dog is appealing if my theory is right and has good movepool (as Normal type it should) and GOOD base 100 speed for defensive Pokemon. Can someone confirm this in-game to prove me right or wrong because something still doesn't seem right to me...
As far as I know this is how we've thought it to work. The game says it halves physical moves, so it doubles defense.

So according to Serebii males can pass on hidden abilities too. Is MegaBlaziken still worth it?
Definitly not. Takes up a MegaSlot which could be used for something actually different than his base form, like Mewtwo X, hits probably less hard than LO Blaziken, can't use other useful items such as Focus Sash or Leftovers.

from what I have seen pyroar and malamar are actually pretty good counters to aegislash.

pyroar is immune to shadow sneak, resists iron head and is special based so kings shield won't affect it while malamar has a se night slash and contrary actually causes king's shield to give malamar a free swords dance

Belch, besides having an amazing name, could be good. If it lets you consume a berry to use it it could be interesting with Petaya Berry on Gengar or something. If you can only use it the once than some serious timing would be required, who knows.

Also: Need moar Sticky Web infoz!!!

As far as I know this is how we've thought it to work. The game says it halves physical moves, so it doubles defense.
Hmmm... ok, thanks for confirming my line of thought ;). I made some more calculations to see how it takes some physical hits (I'm assuming Fur Coat = Physical Defense Huge Power).

Naive Life Orb Salamence Outrage vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou after Baby-Doll Eyes (Move Which Gain +1 Priority and reduces attack by -1)

38.14% - 45.20%

Well, you actually can switch in while it Dragon Dances, use Baby-Doll Eyes and take less damage from Outrage.

Naive Life Orb Salamence +1 Outrage vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou

57.06%-67.23%

It looks worse than in case of Avalugg (but Avaluggs physical bulk is just massive) it still looks ok even without Baby-Doll Eyes. Well this certainly requires some mind games (opponent may just DD again when you Baby-Doll, although you should probably just use paralysis move) as at worst midprediction you take Outrage with solid comfort.

Life Orb Adamant Earthquake Mamoswine

30.79%-36.72%

Looks good, you may follow after with Baby-Doll Eyes to reduce damage to... 20.62%- 24.58%.

Adamant Life Orb Max Atk Gyarados +1 Waterfall vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou

39.83%- 46.89%

Also looks good :D. The same, after Baby-Doll Eyes.

26.55%-31.64%

Adamant Max Atk Choice Band Stone Edge Tyranitar vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou

40.11%-47.46%

Well, looks pretty good, taking into account this is Tyranitars main STAB attack. The same after Baby-Doll Eyes:

26.55%-31.64%

Good Tyranitar check, but for your own good avoid Choice Band Superpower.

Choice Band Adamant Metagross Meteor Mash vs Max HP/Max Def Positive Nature Furfrou

40.68%-47.74%

Also looks good. With Life Orb Meteor Mash (AgiliGross) it looks like this:

35.03%-41.53%

He looks weaker then Avalugg when it goes to tanking physical neutral hits and Fufrou doesn't work as well against dragons, but check/counter stuff which Avalugg struggles against (Tyranitar, Metagross, Stone Edge DD Gyarados, etc.), so his niche is a bit different. But his not so appealing base attack means he can't just smash his opposition back like Avalugg with STAB Avalanche so he'll probably need to rely on phazing like Skarmory. In OU this look like a really niche pick, rather for some stall teams (which his lack of damage won't hurt) or defensive pivot for some balanced/semi-stall/semi-offensive teams (I think his movepool should be really good as he is normal type, so this may be his another advantage over Avalugg) and Normal is just better typing than bad Ice one. I really doubt he'll hold in in OU (maybe with INCREDIBLE movepool, who knows), but looks like a really solid pick for future lower tiers (UU and lower) and his physical bulk is more than solid, probably backed up by good movepool, so should work like physically defensive support Pokemon.

Man I am really disappointed that there have been very few fairies with secondary typings. I mean come on, only 3 of the fairies from Gen 6 have a secondary typing and all of them are single stage with what will appear to be low stats (Klefki, Dedenne, and Carbink). None of the fairies so far have shown very high defensive stats either. This pretty much rules out the possibility to tone down the power of certain attackers in OU because they don't resist a secondary STAB / the usual pairings to Fighting or Dragon moves. For example, we don't have any Fairies that can resist the common Rock / Fighting combo or Dragon / Fire / Ground. I mean seriously Game Freak throw me a bone with a Ground / Fairy, which would follow the pattern of Ground types having high defensive stats. How about a Grass / Fairy that IS NOT Whimsicott with actual defensive stats so Breloom and Keldeo don't run through the tier with Pursuit support?

For example, looking at all the fairies now, Garchomp can still run through all of them with a SD set with coverage of Dragon Claw + Earthquake (still stings Steel-types) + Stone Edge. A +2 STAB EQ with no resist and an only decent defense stat is still going to really hurt. Same with Terrakion with SD + Close Combat + Stone Edge; all of them are just smashed by Stone Edge.

Seriously if the epitome of bulk for the Fairy-type is Azumarill, Togekiss (SR weak :( ), and Carbink then this gen is just going to be the same shit just having a tiny bit more trouble spamming high-power, choiced Fighting and Dragon moves. The pure fairies aren't going to do shit unless they get some good defensive stats to back them up and some palatable resists to the types that compliment Dragon and Fighting attacks. With more Dragons coming our way and with little fairies with secondary typings to stop them, it isn't looking to bright from my perspective.

Serebii just confirmed that Talonflame gets a new ability called "Fast Wings" which gives flying type moves priority. This means Brave Bird is going to be one of the strongest priority moves (Damage wise) in the game

Belch+Harvest sounds like a sweet combo. Hopefully we get someone who can use it.
A Belching Harvest Exeggutor would be hilarious.
Serebii just confirmed that Talonflame gets a new ability called "Fast Wings" which gives flying type moves priority. This means Brave Bird is going to be one of the strongest priority moves (Damage wise) in the game
... That sounds interesting. Does Talonflame get Mirror Move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)