Luxray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think Luxray have acces to Magnet rise This generation (through Dream world...)

Might Get interesting. I'm completely new to Smogon, But I Think it could be cool to Play with on Luxray.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
this may be a stupid question, but can't you breed superpower onto a guts luxray? a male luxray with superpower from 4th gen bred with a female guts luxray... wouldn't that work? because if i'm not mistaken, it's been confirmed that DW abilities ARE breedable...
But is superpower an egg move? if it isn't, it's not breedable.

SuperPower is damn useful, since ot allows you to nail the Rock/Steels like Probopass/Bastiodon in UU, 4*Supereffectively.

Any set should definitely have Superpower(if it IS legal), IMO.

Although guts is a good ability, in my opnion, they should have given him quick feet (the speed version of guts), which would have remedied his poor speed somewhat. He is not really fast enough or bulky enough to fully take advantage of the added power, and a 120 base power is good enough to work with.

Phione has slightly better defenses, and it isnt used because it is defensively weak. 80/80/80 isn't good unless you have alota resistances like a Steel type.
Machamp.

Except Machamp doesn't have Intimidate. And he's slower.

Why does no one ever think of running an Expert Belt on Luxray?

Luxray does seem to have a (somewhat) viable niche as a wallbreaker this gen, as it can actually break the common Gliscor/Nattorei/Burungel core with a moveset of Wild Charge/Hp Ice/Superpower/filler.

Sucks that you can't have guts but it gets Intimidate which is pretty damn awesome.

Luxray does seem to have a (somewhat) viable niche as a wallbreaker this gen, as it can actually break the common Gliscor/Nattorei/Burungel core with a moveset of Wild Charge/Hp Ice/Superpower/filler.

Sucks that you can't have guts but it gets Intimidate which is pretty damn awesome.
Maybe run Crunch in the last move slot?

breh

強いだね

Voltolos can't do this with Tbolt/Focus Blast/HP Ice?

Voltolos can't do this with Tbolt/Focus Blast/HP Ice?
They are different. Voltolos immediately dies to a faster electric type, is weak to SR, doesn't have Intimidate utility, has to rely on a 70% accurate move for Blissey/Chansey, needs set-up to 2HKO either of them. All pokemon that can use an electric move/fighting move/ice move are not the same.

They are different. Voltolos immediately dies to a faster electric type, is weak to SR, doesn't have Intimidate utility, has to rely on a 70% accurate move for Blissey/Chansey, needs set-up to 2HKO either of them. All pokemon that can use an electric move/fighting move/ice move are not the same.
Luxray is also weak to SR.

I originally wrote the analysis on this guy, but it got moved to L&O because it was deemed "unusable in OU play." Bullcrap. Luxray has twice the potential it had last generation, with Wild Charge and Guts. I always ran a set along the lines of:

Luxray @ Flame Orb

Ability: Guts

Wild Charge
Crunch
Facade
Roar/Toxic/whatever, this slot was mainly filler

It got revenged pretty easily, especially by Excadrill, but it almost always landed at least one KO.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What common electric types are even faster than voltolos anyway?

ALl I can think of is scarf zapdos, and that isn't very common.

Common, I dunno, but there's always Jolteon, who is better than ever now it has Volt Change.

And Raikou is also faster.

Your choices are a Guts set or intimidate-superpower set. But like last gen you might find this thing having a few niches, so a tank set and wall breaker set might be possible, but they are not the main options.

I was thinking:

Luxray @ Choice Scarf
Adamant (adamant scarfed outspeeds max+ 110)
252spe/252atk/6hp
Intimidate

Wild Bolt
Crunch
Superpower
Volt Charge

I really wish superpower could be used in conjunction with guts. maybe pkmn grey will rectify this little detail? hahaha.

I think this set has a lot of potential as a scout, possibly even a lead... A lead-scout?

In any case, it would do a great job of popping in first, getting off intimidate and then striking a powerful hit with Wild Bolt or Superpower. If the match up is unfavorable simply Volt Charge out.

Although I love this guy... I am not impressed. He may have gotten some serious upgrades... including spamming volt switch/intimidate but he just doesnt have the speed you want him to have unless he gets a speed boost from that electric speed boosting move.... which is @ low base power...

After getting a couple speed boosts I guess he can be scary... but stuff is so fast this time around it'll be tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)