Lux's Art Thread Of Doom!!!

Just goofing around with this one. My Snorlax (Mike) is one of my favorite Pokemon, and since he is such a beast, I have him tearing a car apart no less! haha

My very own sprite!!! AND...my very own Pokemon!!! This is my favorite!!! ^_^ Couldn't be more pleased with it! What do you guys think?

This was just an idea I had. I was going to make my sprite sort of like Arceus, different color caper, different type. This one is "ice"...Like the ice shark Pokemon? =)

Here is another animated sprite picture. Sabrina is my favorite and I LOVE her evil doll! Had to do this one. I will probably do another one later on down the road as my skills improve.

My sprite with a cool psychic effect! Evil Mew<3

Haha...I was just borrowing her! ;p...You should be happy, I taught her a new move! "Ice Tail"...It's a Physical ice move. =) Thanks...I am trying my best. I eventually want to have animated sprites that look like clips from a cartoon show! lol

My CEO and his rare Pokemon, Lamborghini SV, and personal grunts!!! $$$

Ahhh, now I see the oh so controversial piece. If you want my honest feedback, here it is:

Please don't be offended, but I'm only being honest. You are a fantastic photomanipulator. Honestly, if you've been around Deviantart (which clearly you have from the looks of that Celebi), you're much better than a lot of the more popular photomanip artists on the site, except that you don't give credit where it is due. We don't allow photomanipulations or duplicated works in the MAC, even if you have the artist's permission. Don't get me wrong, you're great at it and it definitely shows your creativity and skill as an artist. I think it takes a lot of skill and talent to be able to take small elements and combine then into something amazing. If I had learned to do that as effectively as you, my art wouldn't be nearly as mediocre as it is now :P However, in the MAC, entries must be 100% original. And honestly, it's not about how great the person can draw. It's mostly about executing the theme in the most creative and dynamic way possible. We look at more than just drawing skills; we look at how well the person can compose a piece, how well they are able to give their piece personality, if they are able to make a piece truly captivating and dynamic. We look at lighting, shading, perspective, depth, and overall flair. You can pull all of that off in a photomanipulation, so you'll be able to pull it into an original piece as well, trust me. Of course everyone is allowed to use references. For example, you look at a vase and sketch the vase. Not take a picture of the vase and slap it on a canvas. That's no longer a reference, heheh.

And by the way, if you need help, you can always PM me. I've had other contestants PM me their WIPs and ask me for pointers and techniques for Photoshop. Others come to me to ask how they can fix their lineart or shading. So definitely don't be shy to ask if you need extra help. There's also a lot of tutorials around Deviantart as well. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a photomanip artist unless you don't give credit to the original artists/photographers. But a lot of people do it and have turned it into an amazing skill that blows people away. I just ask that you keep all other photomanips in your art thread and not in the MAC. It's not fair to the others who spend weeks working on an original piece. I really hope you'll enter something else. And don't forget, if you need help, just ask.

P.S. You bwoke my wittow hawt. I hope yow happee.

You, sir, have reaffirmed what I have suspected. You are indeed very talented. Those are some of the best fusions I've ever seen. They honestly blow pretty much everything else I've seen out of the water. And I'm in love with Sabrina and her evil doll. I'd love for you to do a banner or something for me, these are all superb.

"Hence when I said that I used a celebi sketch for my base"...but it's frustrating because everything else was done by me and I really did put A LOT of time and effort into my picture. Go back and look at my post...I told you I used the Celebi sketch...but everything else was done by me on Photoshop, and like I said, I tool the picture in the background...not that it means anything apparently. Either way, you should be more specific with your rules, because no of the things you are telling me have been listed! Like I said before, I did this for fun. I don't have to win a contest to know that I am talented.

Thanks Zach!

Rule #4 of the MAC OP d00d.
4. Stealing artwork is prohibited, this includes copying another artists’ work (excluding original Pokemon artwork for references). If you are found to be stealing, you will be disqualified and banned from the current Monthly Art Contest, banned for two MACs after two instances, and permanently banned after three instances.
I don't know how to get more specific than that.
And also, that is not a "base sketch". That is someone else's completed Celebi...and Zoroark...and pumpkin...When I say references, I mean you look at a Pikachu and sketch the Pikachu. Not copy and paste the Pikachu into the picture. This is a base sketch:

I understand that you're frustrated, but don't be. This is just a misunderstanding. I haven't disqualified you yet because this is your first time in the MAC. You can still enter if you do an original piece and show your WIPs along the way. None of the judges are biased and our judging system doesn't allow for it. I'd really like it if you still entered. But if you don't want to be apart of it anymore, I understand. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)