Magazine Name Poll 1

if you vote,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not a fan of The Smog. It doesn't sound like a publication, IMO. Even though I suggested another name in the poll, I voted for

Smogon Gazette

It's clearly the title of a periodical publication, and it has a nice retro-cool ring to it.

I agree with you Doug, though I did vote for The Smog, because I guess that's what I like about it. I like most of the names though except Dialga Times and Gengar Aficionado, too corny and I'd rather the name represent Smogon or competitive battling

I like the whole smogon university thing...but smogon university journal sounds lame.

Voted for Smogon Gazette.

Though I'd prefer if Smogon University or even Smog U was included in the title.

I voted the Smogon Curricula, but it doesn't look like anything other than the Smog has a chance.

Oh well. At least the vote isn't going toward a title that focuses on one specific Pokemon. The Dialga Times sounds like it would be all about Dialga :S

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Dialga times, while supposedly clever (i'm nub and don't actually know what it means)[unless it's a joke on the use of times in which case it's retarded], it seems like a childish portrayal of us being ZOMG POKEMON.

while that's kind of the focus we want, i think we want a level of professionalism in keeping with our image, but then i realized something

i'm writing for this, as well as doomsday and cookie

so i chose the smog so it's childish AND professional. Done!

I think it's because Dialga is the supposed controller of time. Wow I can't believe I just now got the referance lol.

I think The Smog works well considering it's the product of Smogon (Koffing) so I voted for it.

This is going to be great! :D

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Smog is annoying and I don't like it.

Voted The Smogon Gazette.

I voted for the smog, because I think it does sound a bit professional and is short enough. Short is important. I do like the Dialga Times joke, but as StrangerDanger said, it's to much of ZOMG DIALGA PWNS EVERYONE!!!

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i hate "the smog." sounds like a person from an episode of seinfeld.

im the only one who likes gengar aficionado?
i liked it too :(

and if you dont get the it, its a reference from the magazine, "Cigar Aficionado." get it? gengar and cigar sound similar! i didnt suggest it, but the magazine also has a subtitle that says "The Good Life Magazine for Men" and i thought we could have played around with it like something "The Good Battlers Magazine for Trainers." but thats all behind us now...

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I believe the magazine name should have a reference to Smogon. So I voted for The Smogon Gazette.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand all the support for the Smog. There are obvious negative undertones beyond a Pokemon association. It also suggests ambiguity and I am definitely not sold on the "spreads like smog" idea... is there anything good that spreads like smog?

Thumbs up for Smogazine from me; snappy, catchy and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I am sold by the 'spread like smog' idea to be honest. But I'd be more in favour of just calling it 'Smogon Magazine' to be honest. I just voted for my favourite from those options.

Looks like The Smog Fever is getting into everyone.. hahahaha..
47%? Looks like we have a winner :D

I voted for Dialga Times BTW..

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand all the support for the Smog. There are obvious negative undertones beyond a Pokemon association. It also suggests ambiguity and I am definitely not sold on the "spreads like smog" idea... is there anything good that spreads like smog?

Thumbs up for Smogazine from me; snappy, catchy and it doesn't take itself too seriously.
i really think youre reading too far into it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)