Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
there are a lot of spammers in this game...
I mean, i have battled against the "top" players and the only things that they do is to spam with beams (Magneto, Doom, etc.) and projectiles (Sentinel, blah blah)
Or is just my imagination? or i have bad luck?

Sorry to disrupt good people talking about Phoenix, but I just recently picked up the game, and I find that my greatest trouble against people online is Dante. I can never seem to stop his damn combos, even if I advance guard them away, because it seems like even if he hits me once, I get stuck in a long 40-hit ordeal. Anyone know a good strategy against him, or what works well?

The team I typically use online is Taskmaster (my best guy, but that's not saying much), X-23 (my favorite), and then I toy around with Shuma-Gorath, but I switch it up sometimes.

Was anyone else upset that Jwong didn't really get to use his red ranger team? =(

EmuMan: He has long range. Stay awayish from that. Watch for his teleport; it can pretty much only cross you up so be prepared for that.

I've been thinking about buying this game but I'm hesitant because I don't want to buy a game pad. Is this game able to be played competitively without a game pad? I know that Shizza plays professionally at SSF4 with a controller, but he's the only one that I know of.

Its pretty easy with a pad. You have access to one button dashes, and so forth, so its never a real problem. Also, there are only four main buttons, its just mainly your thumb.

Calci, just to clear confusion up for you. Game pads are controllers, while arcade sticks are the fighting game specific arcade style board. You seem to have it backward.

I've been thinking about buying this game but I'm hesitant because I don't want to buy a game pad. Is this game able to be played competitively without a game pad? I know that Shizza plays professionally at SSF4 with a controller, but he's the only one that I know of.
Quite of a few combos can be WAY harder to do without an arcade stick. Unless you can easily and consistently pull off those absurd combos that you will need to perform, you kinda have to get an arcade stick

it depends really. i have been using a regular controller for fighting games my whole life so i'm pretty good at it and i have a fighstick as well which i'm pretty bad at. but i've been playing a lot with my fightstick currently but i'm still at my best with the regular controller.

I probably feel too proud about this but yeaaaaah.
That's hot. ;D

Also it's a misconception that a fight stick will make it easier to do combos or get better in general. If you have no real experience using a fight stick, then it will take you at least a few months to get use to the feel of one. If using a controller is too hard then you might want to try a fight stick, but it's not really a guarantee that you'll like it better.

Xaqwais: That's pretty cool!

For anyone that didn't watch the stream, Jwong won two tournaments this weekend with Hsien-Ko/Thor/Chris. This man is amazing at marvel.

And Calciphoce: Don't let Masterful's words get to you. Like I said before, you by no means need to get a stick. There are no inputs that I could find that heavily favored the stick (i.e.comboing into Hands or Legs with Honda/Chun) other than maybe plink dashing. And, as I said before, you have the option for a button set for dash and another set for an atk+special, which can help out your execution a ton. In the end, it comes down to preference and experience.

And you have auto cross-up guard.

That's hot. ;D

Also it's a misconception that a fight stick will make it easier to do combos or get better in general. If you have no real experience using a fight stick, then it will take you at least a few months to get use to the feel of one. If using a controller is too hard then you might want to try a fight stick, but it's not really a guarantee that you'll like it better.
Arcade sticks are far easier to input on. The controller makes it downright impossible to pull off some moves. If you plan on playing competitively, it is very helpful to have an arcade stick

masterful, I don't think it's fair to say "downright impossible." Some people can do any combo no exceptions on a controller. A stick seems to help more for most people, but it's a case by case basis, not something you can issue a blanket statement about.

masterful, I don't think it's fair to say "downright impossible." Some people can do any combo no exceptions on a controller. A stick seems to help more for most people, but it's a case by case basis, not something you can issue a blanket statement about.
An arcade stick allows you to pull off combos most consistently, that's just a fact unless you are god at MvC3. For that reason, those of us who are not abnormally perfect can use an arcade stick to more precisely and consistently pull off combos with the right timing and distancing. With a small amount of practice, an arcade stick can and will likely improve your game significantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)