Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

CaptKirby - I'm partial to Amaterasu and Magneto. Both have really good projectiles in Ammy's Cold Star and Mags' DISRUPTAH. Plus, they can easily combo into their respective hypers, pretty far from "jamming random buttons" as you mentioned.

As far as assists go (Cold Star) for Ammy and (Disruptor) for Mags are your best bet, they can give you good cover as Wolverine and She-Hulk get in.

amaterasu, dormammu, doom, iron man, magneto, storm, phoenix, super-skrull, hulk, arthur
As amazing as Ammy is, she probably isn't the char to use to get into a non button mash-y mindset. Her easier combos are literally holding forward and heavy for a good portion of it, and only until you get to maximizing damage are you doing stuff more complicated.

Out of the characters you listed, I think Doom with either Hidden Missiles or Plasma Beam assist would be the best for ya. He'd add a ranged character for you while also giving you a really solid assist.

hey sorry to interrupt the good player chatting, but just joined as a scrub (for a week while home! ps3 only so no matches with most of you xD). My favorites by far are she-hulk (so interestingly animated, it is so perfectly ridiculous wrestling like, I love it) and wolverine (the easiest player for me to pick up and do decently against, BERSERKING IT), but I have not really found a third for my team yet. A nice assist player helps, I guess? I want it to be someone comic-y, not someone from serious games, since Marvel vs. Capcom to me is all about extreme comic book flair done right, and even if I have to play against the serious parts, I only want to use the comic-y parts.

amaterasu, dormammu, doom, iron man, magneto, storm, phoenix, super-skrull, hulk, arthur

are probably the characters I like best...anyone have any opinion on what would fit best as I start to get better than just "jamming random buttons"?
I'd go with either Doom (all of his assists can be used with that team), Dormammu (Dark Hole or Purification), or Super-Skrull (can't remember which assist).

Amaterasu has a really nice assist in cold star, and Doom I am good with Plasma Beam more than Hidden Missles. I think Some three out of Wolverine/She-Hulk/Hulk/Doom/Amaterasu are going to be my choices, thanks guys :) I had been starting Wolverine, but I think I am going to start Hulk/She-Hulk to save him for when I need him more.

still maining Hulk, mostly just playing against a couple friends. he's got really good synergy with Sentinel's Sentinel Force (charge) assist. throw out the assist, and while he's blocking I have all the time in the world to throw out Hulk's command grab, which my opponent can't do anything about, unless he wants to take drone damage.

related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=832ME0tRZyY&feature=player_embedded#at=18

careful: if you can hit Hulk, he can hit you. if you can't hit Hulk, chances are he can still hit you.

Apparently Shuma's Mystic Ray assist is godlike, it sweeps the entire screen with a laser, blocking super jumps and such. Keepaway just got so strong...

he's pretty fun. mystic ray is really good long-range OTG, although Hyper Mystic Ray doesn't do much damage.

Chaos Dimension, on the other hand...

Don't have money for DLC. :(

I got some games in. Lvl 3 XFC Chris's damage output is retarded. I had a full health Chris against two full health characters and I dropped them both in like ten seconds. The chip damage on his flamethrower can kill thou so quick. I love it. They need to patch him a better assist though.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shuma is damn awesome in this game, a really fluent and easy to play character. his level 3 isnt amazing in regards to damage but can easily be stuck onto the end of a combo

Jill seems quite good as well, but her damage output seems much too low for me. perhaps i need more time with her

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
bought both, and Im liking Shuma way more then Jill based on mission mode so far. Jill is awkward and I dont like her stuff at all, Shuma on the other hand, might very well replace Ammy on my team, good combo potential, OTG of lol and probably a great assist in that mystic ray as well

Did anyone just see combofiend play? Insane Chris grenadage and excellent keepaway in general.

But most of all, ridiculous chip with level 3 XF Dormamu. That thing took down like 3 characters with the chip from the Dhalsim-esque fireball supers alone.

There was some great stuff, though I do think the best was Clockwork Xfactoring as regular Phoenix to block the Bionic Arm coming from Combofiend's Spencer.

It was such an impressive display.

Yo bumping this thread cause MvC3 rocks !!! LOL. I only played a few online matches mostly between my friends (they suck) and zerowing (paul beasted me countless times). Anybody wanna play hit me up!

GT: Bearslovepho

;D

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
WOW!

Sentinel got hit by a massive nerfstick. He has 900 000 HP now. (down from 1 300 000HP so a 400 000HP difference)
i'm speechless.

Sent got nerfed? When did this happen? I was gonna drop him from my main squad too lol.

Edit: taken directly from srk.

Change list -

-Sentinel's health is now 905,000, down from 1,300,000. (DarkRagna says he lives at 904,900 damage, but dies at 905,000. Thanks!)
-The Haggar/Spencer freeze glitch is fixed. (Tip from trag)
-The Spencer loop found in this video is gone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMkiIpOXreY(Stark tipped in that "Spencer's M followup to ground QCF now bounces him up instead of returning him to the ground, so you don't land and can't keep it going")
-Hitstun deterioration on Akuma's air Tatsu is now more severe, preventing his infinite. (Thanks to Desk for the info and research)
-This update sets the game up for the new Event mode.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks for info goof.

Lol, its over for sent. I gave him a spin earlier today and he was awful. They should have nerfed X-factor before Sentinel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)