Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

First off, any xbox-ers want to do some sparring? I need some good practice.

Anyway right now I know I'm running Ryu/Dante(interchangeable point characters atm but mostly ryu) and I don't know who to use for my third. I like deadpool but his keepaway isn't good enough, Sentinal is amazing but I can't use him right (his only use being his assist to setup for dante teleports) and I have interest in using Wesker/Zero/Amaterasu as well. Who's the best of those to help out ryu and dante?

Would they be better off as point characters if that's the case? (I'm fairly n00b when it comes to fighting games that don't have smash in the title xD)

I watched videos of this game on YouTube and it looked amazing.

I'll probably get this game, not right away, but in few months.

I really wanted to love this game, but then they went and put Sentinel in. I'm guessing that over time an honor code will develop around not using him in matches. And then you have Captain America, who is essentially the Dan of MvC3

I really wanted to love this game, but then they went and put Sentinel in. I'm guessing that over time an honor code will develop around not using him in matches. And then you have Captain America, who is essentially the Dan of MvC3
He's really not that centralizing, so many tactics are developed against him now, he's practically balanced if you know what you're doing against him (instant overheads, grab mixups). In recent MvC3 tournaments, Justin absolutely destroyed any Sentinel with either She-Hulk, Wolverine or Amaterasu. He's still really good, but he's been played to death and people know how to deal with him now. Most of the moaning is about the super armor - Hulk has this too, along with the most powerful level 1 in the game (Gamma Crush).

At the current time, I'd put Amaterasu (massive damaging combos, huge meter building, can change to adapt to play), Dante (can do anything) and Wesker (ridiculous combos and usually players don't know which way to block) as god tier.

I probably shoulda posted this earlier but Levelup-Series had a Wednesday Night Fight stream going (from like 9 CST to 2:45 CST, goddamn it was late). Me, SDS, and Porygon3 were watching it together on #battlecapacity, so uh, feel free to stop by next few streams. It's fun when we all just say "screw sent" or "big poppa pump" in near unison.

Highlights of the night were Justin's dominance, Floe's dominance with Magneto on anyone not Justin, Justin playing Pokemon BW whenever he wasn't in a match with everyone calling him out for it, and of course learning that Justin won the SF4 tourney with Adon and them not streaming it. Man, I woulda killed to see that.

So yeah, next stream stop by.

He's really not that centralizing, so many tactics are developed against him now, he's practically balanced if you know what you're doing against him (instant overheads, grab mixups). In recent MvC3 tournaments, Justin absolutely destroyed any Sentinel with either She-Hulk, Wolverine or Amaterasu. He's still really good, but he's been played to death and people know how to deal with him now. Most of the moaning is about the super armor - Hulk has this too, along with the most powerful level 1 in the game (Gamma Crush).

At the current time, I'd put Amaterasu (massive damaging combos, huge meter building, can change to adapt to play), Dante (can do anything) and Wesker (ridiculous combos and usually players don't know which way to block) as god tier.
I think some characters are simply beast because their assists are awesome. Wolvie and X-23 are both really good characters as well, and things like Tron or Morrigan, who have really good assist, are worthy of a place on a team just for that.

yeah, there's so many people with good assists that it's hard for me to pick a third character (using Wolverine and Hulk right now). i'm having trouble settling on just one person. i've been switching it up between Sentinel with Sentinel Charge, Haggar with Double Lariat, Doom with Hidden Missiles, Wesker with Samurai Shot, Chun-Li with Lightning Legs, Akuma with Tastu, and Super Skrull with Tenderizer.

can't decide!!

I personally think Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer is one of the best assists in the game, having so much free meter all the time just lets you go wild with DHCs and huge combos. Also, I've tried Sentinel/Morrigan/Phoenix and I have got Dark Phoenix in every single match without fail.

Wolvie/Sent or Wolvie/Akuma is pretty damn good.

I was pretty impressed by Floe's Magneto Wednesday night. Very cool high-lows.

Road to Evo tourney being streamed by Team Spooky. Teams should be done today, and coverage for two more days for singles. Also all the top US players are here, I'm hoping for that Marn vs Justin match.

Also there was this sick Fei Long on some team and he was only 13. His parents came with him to this tourney, that's awesome.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thoroughly enjoying the current team sp00ky MvC3 stream. Impressed by Combofiend's Spencer as I play Spencer myself and maybe some tricks which I could use :D

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM

holy fuck

if you missed the Final Round stream you absolutely must go back and watch the recordings, oh my god

so hype

How could Combofiend lose? He has a bionic arm.
The stream was intense, albeit a bit choppy.
That's just streams for you. I'm really happy that even terrible characters from awful games (Spencer+the new Bionic Commando) have a chance to be good in MvC3, but I wonder why the makers of this game hate Captain America so much. It's really kinda intense how much hatred they must possess for him

I was surprised at how good Tokido managed to get (especially after seeing that youtube vid of him playing). His Sentinel is ass though (which was kind of funny to watch).

hey sorry to interrupt the good player chatting, but just joined as a scrub (for a week while home! ps3 only so no matches with most of you xD). My favorites by far are she-hulk (so interestingly animated, it is so perfectly ridiculous wrestling like, I love it) and wolverine (the easiest player for me to pick up and do decently against, BERSERKING IT), but I have not really found a third for my team yet. A nice assist player helps, I guess? I want it to be someone comic-y, not someone from serious games, since Marvel vs. Capcom to me is all about extreme comic book flair done right, and even if I have to play against the serious parts, I only want to use the comic-y parts.

amaterasu, dormammu, doom, iron man, magneto, storm, phoenix, super-skrull, hulk, arthur

are probably the characters I like best...anyone have any opinion on what would fit best as I start to get better than just "jamming random buttons"?

That's just streams for you. I'm really happy that even terrible characters from awful games (Spencer+the new Bionic Commando) have a chance to be good in MvC3, but I wonder why the makers of this game hate Captain America so much. It's really kinda intense how much hatred they must possess for him
Rest assured, Cap will be seen everywhere now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui2hjNKo6DU&feature=player_embedded

I've tried it and it's easy, just gotta get the timing down. Do the shield slash just as the shield is almost in Cap's hand again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)