Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Right. Time for Mega Jirachi

Jirachi --> Mega Jirachi
Typing: Psychic/Steel --> Fairy/Steel
Ability: Serene Grace --> Wishmaker (Healing Wish's effect every time the user faints)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 --> 100/120/120/120/120/120
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Baby Doll Eyes

Consept. Jirachi: the wish pokemon. Jirachi was hurt by the generation shift, with the Dark- and Ghost-type buff and Knock Off hurting it dearly. Jirachi was the one of the biggest candidates for the Fairy-type, but it never got it. However, this all changes that, as Jirachi's new typing gives it a resistance to Knock Off and Pursuit, and Jirachi, looking like a fairy, gains this typing along with three new moves: Play Rough, Moonblast and Baby Doll Eyes. While the latter won't make much of a splash, the other two will have big a big affect on its offensive capability. It was previously stuck with the weak Dazzling Gleam, but now it gets options on both sides of the spectrum. Wishmaker - its new ability - has the effects of Healing Wish every time Jirachi faints. This means that Jirachi can now be KO'd strategically, used to fully heal an otherwise un-recoverable pokemon - and all of this without wasting a moveslot on Healing Wish.

Right. Time for Mega Jirachi

Jirachi --> Mega Jirachi
Typing: Psychic/Steel --> Fairy/Steel
Ability: Serene Grace --> Wishmaker (Healing Wish's effect every time the user faints)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 --> 100/120/120/120/120/120
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Baby Doll Eyes

Consept. Jirachi: the wish pokemon. Jirachi was hurt by the generation shift, with the Dark- and Ghost-type buff and Knock Off hurting it dearly. Jirachi was the one of the biggest candidates for the Fairy-type, but it never got it. However, this all changes that, as Jirachi's new typing gives it a resistance to Knock Off and Pursuit, and Jirachi, looking like a fairy, gains this typing along with three new moves: Play Rough, Moonblast and Baby Doll Eyes. While the latter won't make much of a splash, the other two will have big a big affect on its offensive capability. It was previously stuck with the weak Dazzling Gleam, but now it gets options on both sides of the spectrum. Wishmaker - its new ability - has the effects of Healing Wish every time Jirachi faints. This means that Jirachi can now be KO'd strategically, used to fully heal an otherwise un-recoverable pokemon - and all of this without wasting a moveslot on Healing Wish.
You better save this somewhere. I know you wanted to post an idea, but we're focusing on Raticate, Wigglytuff, Clefable and Nidoking now. Might be better to do one of those instead.

EV

Banned deucer.
Ta da! This link takes you to a spreadsheet I threw together that might help with the organization. Anyone can view and comment, but edits are only allowed by me, so I recommend whoever (probably acestriker19 ) has highest command of the project copy+pasta to their own account.

Here is what the format looks like:
Name - Stats - Mega Stone - New Stats - Type(s) - Ability - New Moves - Ability Desc. (if it has a brand new ability)
Plus, there's a handy formula that will add together the new stats for you so you can play around until you are at +100 from the original.

I didn't add formes that only show up in battle (like Blade Aegislash, Zen Darm, Meloetta-P) or Giratina-O because it has to hold that orb. Gourgeist is on there 4 times because I don't know what you plan to do with that. Same with Rotom, the genies, Kyurem, Shaymin, the Wormadams, Meowstic. (Might have missed some.)

And if this isn't adopted officially, anyone else if free to copy it for their own personal use. I know I will. >:]

Rate/comment/subscribe

Yeah also no legendary(includes Floette-Eternal too) signature moves. The only ones I wouldn't mind are Psystrike Mew, Diamond Storm Carbink and Aeroblast Kanto burds, maybe Light Of Ruin Florges for their close relationship with the original wielders of the moves, but stuff like Blue Flare Ninetales or Bolt Strike Electivire(which isn't a thing yet js) is just random.

Doing Wigglytuff

Stone name: Wigglytufflite (why do all these stones have to have names that look like lung diseases' names)?

Type: Normal-Fairy -> Normal-Fairy

Ability: Regenerator

Stats: 140/70/90/100/80/55

Movepool additions: + U-Turn(TM)

While Fur Coat Wigglytuff appears to be popular, it would be yet another bulky Mega Evolution without reliable healing method(Wishtect kinda sucks, lets face it). This Wigglytuff is involved about team support for balanced and semistall team by efficient as fuck Wishpassing and momentum grabbing thanks to U-Turn+Regenerator. The ability helps with keeping your Wiggly healty, checking more threats and supporting your team more than once in the course of a match. While bulk might appear mediocre it's higher than Amoonguss so it's not bad. Flavour wise U-Turn is because it turn backs in your Pokéball by bouncing back(lol). The move is btw aviable for mons with rather similar body shape such as Jumpluff or Manaphy. Regenerator is mostly competitive flavour, either way it doesn't fit much worse than it does with Mienshao or Audino.

Overall a strong pick for any balanced and stall team that need a cleric able to stay healty for the entire course of a match. Was also thinking about a wallbreaker with Chatot-Mega's ability and Boomburst, but meta doesn't need yet another wallbreaker. Either way, Chatot abuses this better, due to access to STAB Chatter.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Needs more wiggy

@ Wigglite
Wigglytuff --> Mega Wigglytuff
Typing: Normal / Fairy --> Normal / Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm / Competitive / Frisk --> Pixilate
Stats: 140/70/45/85/50/45 BST 435 --> 140/70/80/125/85/35 BST 535
No New Moves

So pretty much I made Wiggytuff a bulky attacker. It's improved bulk and power, along with a powerful Pixilate Hyper Voice, lets it be a threat, and more than makes up for the lack of Moonblast. Wiggy is also neat because it can run Competitive to increase its SpA by 2 vs Sticky Web / Intimidate / moves like Crunch or something, and then Mega with a +2 base 125 pixilate hyper voice. Obviously I don't feel like its broken - Pixilate Hyper Voice can only get so far with an unboosted base 125. However, it has coverage to help with that - moves like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. It also passes huge Wishes off and has Heal Bell, so it can run an offesnive support set. Also Pixilate I don't feel needs a flavor justification - the -ite moves don't seem to have any specific flavor behind them other than being on mons that are of the same type.

Needs more wiggy

@ Wigglite
Wigglytuff --> Mega Wigglytuff
Typing: Normal / Fairy --> Normal / Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm / Competitive / Frisk --> Pixilate
Stats: 140/70/45/85/50/45 BST 435 --> 140/70/80/125/85/35 BST 535
No New Moves

So pretty much I made Wiggytuff a bulky attacker. It's improved bulk and power, along with a powerful Pixilate Hyper Voice, lets it be a threat, and more than makes up for the lack of Moonblast. Wiggy is also neat because it can run Competitive to increase its SpA by 2 vs Sticky Web / Intimidate / moves like Crunch or something, and then Mega with a +2 base 125 pixilate hyper voice. Obviously I don't feel like its broken - Pixilate Hyper Voice can only get so far with an unboosted base 125. However, it has coverage to help with that - moves like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. It also passes huge Wishes off and has Heal Bell, so it can run an offesnive support set. Also Pixilate I don't feel needs a flavor justification - the -ite moves don't seem to have any specific flavor behind them other than being on mons that are of the same type.
The one problem I see with pixilate is that it makes wigglytuff no longer have normal stab.

canno

formerly The Reptile
The one problem I see with pixilate is that it makes wigglytuff no longer have normal stab.
I don't see this as much of a problem honestly - Normal STAB is not that great, especially compared to Fairy STAB, and this gives Wiggy strong Fairy STAB. Not only that, but unlike Mega Gardevoir, another Pixilate MegaMon, Hyper Voice will have STAB pre-Mega. It's not a huge deal, but I feel it is something worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As for no legendary signature moves, I think we should make one more exception:

Remember that one weekly event in G/S/C? If you went to Mt. Moon on a Monday night, would find two Clefairy dancing in the little field behind the Poké Mart. They spotted you as you approached them, ran away, but left behind a Moon Stone. Coincidentally, this is the item you need to evolve Clefairy.

Also, that Anime episode where Clefairy steal stuff and build a space ship. It's hinted that they do come from the stars somewhere.

"Silly CRoll", you might think, smiling to yourself. "I see where this is going. But Clefairy already learns Moonblast. Learn to Bulbapedia, you..."
I'm not talking about Moonblast. The move in my mind is Lunar Dance. The ultimate Cleric move, and I think it's completely justifiable to give it to Clefable. Yeah, Clefable already learns Healing Wish, which is the exact same move under a different name, but flavour-wise, Lunar Dance fits soo much better. It would also give Clefable tools to work with in a Beauty contest.

As for no legendary signature moves, I think we should make one more exception:

Remember that one weekly event in G/S/C? If you went to Mt. Moon on a Monday night, would find two Clefairy dancing in the little field behind the Poké Mart. They spotted you as you approached them, ran away, but left behind a Moon Stone. Coincidentally, this is the item you need to evolve Clefairy.

Also, that Anime episode where Clefairy steal stuff and build a space ship. It's hinted that they do come from the stars somewhere.

"Silly CRoll", you might think, smiling to yourself. "I see where this is going. But Clefairy already learns Moonblast. Learn to Bulbapedia, you..."
I'm not talking about Moonblast. The move in my mind is Lunar Dance. The ultimate Cleric move, and I think it's completely justifiable to give it to Clefable. Yeah, Clefable already learns Healing Wish, which is the exact same move under a different name, but flavour-wise, Lunar Dance fits soo much better.
Lunar dance is actually better as it also gives back all pp in addition to healing hp and status conditions.

Ta da! This link takes you to a spreadsheet I threw together that might help with the organization. Anyone can view and comment, but edits are only allowed by me, so I recommend whoever (probably acestriker19 ) has highest command of the project copy+pasta to their own account.

Here is what the format looks like:
Name - Stats - Mega Stone - New Stats - Type(s) - Ability - New Moves - Ability Desc. (if it has a brand new ability)
Plus, there's a handy formula that will add together the new stats for you so you can play around until you are at +100 from the original.

I didn't add formes that only show up in battle (like Blade Aegislash, Zen Darm, Meloetta-P) or Giratina-O because it has to hold that orb. Gourgeist is on there 4 times because I don't know what you plan to do with that. Same with Rotom, the genies, Kyurem, Shaymin, the Wormadams, Meowstic. (Might have missed some.)

And if this isn't adopted officially, anyone else if free to copy it for their own personal use. I know I will. >:]

Rate/comment/subscribe
Thats really awesome thanks! I made my own copy and probably will stat copy pasting all the completely finished megas onto it. I'll make it public eventually but for now there's too much balancing to be done.

Also Mega-Nidoking

Typing: Poison / Ground ----> Poison / Ground
81/102/77/85/75/85 -----> 81 / 122 / 97 / 115 / 100 / 85
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry / Sheer Force ----> Sand Rush
New Moves: Nidoking has so many moves already

Concept: Special Nidoking that can wallbreak in normal form with sheer force and then sweep lategame with Sand Support using its fantastic movepool pretty simple.

For the love of god and all that is holy can we please stop with the Pixilate/Aerilate and all the variants under the sun spam? NOT EVERYTHING SHOULD HAVE THOSE. Clefable shouldn't have Aerilate, Wigglytuff shouldn't have pixilate.

Can we please impose some sort of ban on these without permission from a moderator or something?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Have you read the past few pages of the thread? To put it bluntly, you're not the first person to speak up against that trend...

I don't think we need to ban, but people need to try and give out other abilities. Consider the Pokémon that get it. Mega Pinsir needs Aerialate because it has no Flying STAB otherwise. Things that are slow and not offensive do not need these abilities.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Yeah I think people in general needs the rules refreshed:

For each Mega:

- BST increases by 100

- no more than 50 points may be added to a single stat... might be exceptions but things should rarely need more than +50 anything

- cannot increase HP

- can only reduce Speed, and only by as much as 30

- new type optional, only one type can be changed.
- If it's a single-type Mon, must add the type

- new moves optional, up to 3

All this to make sure that Megas are balanced. And try to stay away from really good abilities like Speed Boost, Magic Guard, etc.
You can also decrease defense

Let's see how this goes:

Mega Nidoking
Poison-Ground
81/102/77/85/75/85 -> 81/122/107/85/125/85
Ability: Intimidate
Movepool: + slack off, + gunk shot

Concept: Nidoking is commonly thought of as a frail special attacker. This set is here to change that: featuring defensive nidoking. When you look at it, poison is a great physically defensive typing, the thing looks scary, and ground means it can switch in repeatedly without worrying about stealth rock. Attack is buffed because Nido's physical is pretty underrated, and hey, with sheer force out of the way, attack is actually stronger than special attack. So hopefully this suggestion is at least somewhat good.

I personally want that part to be removed. If we can't decrease offenses (which everyone seems to agree on), we shouldn't be removing defenses either. It makes things a lot easier to understand and keep organised.
The difference between decreasing defenses and offenses though is that only one offensive stat is going to be used on a Pokemon most of the time so decreasing offensive stats is unfair since it essentially boosts the other offensive stat, defenses and speed. You lose something when you decrease a defensive stat or speed since you will be taking hits from both sides. I think allowing small defense decreases would be okay.

The difference between decreasing defenses and offenses though is that only one offensive stat is going to be used on a Pokemon most of the time so decreasing offensive stats is unfair since it essentially boosts the other offensive stat, defenses and speed. You lose something when you decrease a defensive stat or speed since you will be taking hits from both sides. I think allowing small defense decreases would be okay.
I see your point but then what will the limit be for defenses? If those aren't laid out then people are going to end up going crazy with stats, whether they realize it or not.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Wigglytuff
Type: Fairy
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Moonblast
Stats: 140/70/85/145/60/35 (535)

With 145 SpA and Sheer Force, Wigglytuff can destroy most offensive pokemon. I decided to make Wigglytuff offensive to distinguish it from the other suggestions.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Only Mewtwo gets its defensive stats decreased, and also only Mewtwo gets a boost higher than 60 (or higher than 50 with no decreases whatsoever). Considering Mewtwo is a 670 BST Uber, I'd say it shouldn't set precedence for any Mega.

Mega Wigglytuff
Type: Fairy
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Moonblast
Stats: 140/70/85/145/60/35 (535)

With 145 SpA and Sheer Force, Wigglytuff can destroy most offensive pokemon. I decided to make Wigglytuff offensive to distinguish it from the other suggestions.
I actually love this. Wigglytuff has the perfect movepool for a Sheer Force user. 145 SpA isn't broken when you consider that it has no LO. It's suited more to Trick Room teams because of its low(er) speed.

Just a suggestion for the way you present things: indicate the change in the stats with (+ X) or (- X) such as 35 (-10) for Speed.

Excuse the double post.

Huge Power effects the Attack Stat, Fur Coat effects the total amount of damage received. There isn't any comparison
Yes there is. Fur Coat halves damage taken from all physical attacks which is perfectly equivalent to doubling Defense. If it were like Filter or something I would see your point, but Fur Coat draws a parallel to Huge Power that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)