Meloetta

I noticed that Meloetta got a pretty cool movepool. Notably to me, I saw she gets Teeter Dance. Now, out of the availible pokemon, she looks like the best/viable user of it. 100% confusion chance is damn better than any mon relying on confuse ray. Thoughts?
Confuse Ray is 100% accurate too. Teeter Dance would be much better in a Double/Triple battle with an Own Tempo partner, but I'd rather be attacking in most cases.

I noticed that Meloetta got a pretty cool movepool. Notably to me, I saw she gets Teeter Dance. Now, out of the availible pokemon, she looks like the best/viable user of it. 100% confusion chance is damn better than any mon relying on confuse ray. Thoughts?
You could probably try a set gimmicky like this:
Meloetta @Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def. / 4 Sp.Def.
Teeter Dance
Thunder Wave
Perish Song
Protect

Confuse Ray is 100% accurate too. Teeter Dance would be much better in a Double/Triple battle with an Own Tempo partner, but I'd rather be attacking in most cases.

:/ I could swear I remember CF being like 70 or 80 acc. Dang. Well meloetta still could do something with it like cold fusions set.

Confuse Ray has 100% accuracy, and so does Teeter Dance. Sweet Kiss has 75%, and Supersonic has 55% accuracy. Swagger and Flatter are both 100% accuracy as well, with the side effects of raising Attack (Swagger) and Special Attack (Flatter) sharply. DynamicPunch has a horrible accuracy, but a 100% chance of confusion if it connects. Out of all of those moves, Meloetta can learn Teeter Dance and Swagger.

OK... So details have now emerged about Meloia's signature move (#547 - 'Ancient Song') and her alternate Forme: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56460375

After a bit of testing, I now know the following:
- Every time Ancient Song is used in battle, Meloia changes Forme
- Outside of battle, Meloia is always in her Voice Forme, even if you finished a battle in her Step Forme

This means it is only possible to begin a battle in Voice Forme.
I face palmed at everyone using step forme movesets without Ancient Song on the first page of this thread.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think Sleep Clause should NOT stop Ancient Song from putting a second monster to sleep. It would violate the battling mechanism.

It figures that GF would make such an awesome mon (Meloetta-S) and then seal her away behind a mon that serves a radically different purpose. Here's hoping Meloetta gets the Giratina-O treatment in the third installment!

Also, if Meloetta-S represents dance, why doesn't she get Dragon Dance or Swords Dance? Or better yet, Quiver Dance for use on her other form? What gives, Trollfreak?

Teeter Dance! :D Although that doesn't say much about it's dancing ability.

Also what would the theorymon "standard" set for Meloetta be? Something like Modest/Timid @ Life Orb with Calm Mind/Hyper Voice/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball? (No Aura Sphere :( )

Run this with some pokemon that can kill steels, ghosts and rocks for you.

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Modest
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 4 something
- Echoed Voice
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

For those of you that don't know the beauty of Echoed Voice, it starts out at 40 power then gains 40 every turn up to 200. Its really easy to come in and revenge something low on HP, hit the next pokemon with an 80 power STAB move, live a hit, then proceed to murder the rest of the opponent's pokemon. Its a really good, unknown-to-most move.

This kind of set can also work with Togekiss.

Um, I looked over the story for the event Meloetta and I noticed they said something about the "Red Shoes". Maybe the "Red Shoes" will be something like giratina's griseous orb?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 204 Atk / 112 SAtk / 192 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

The speed's only optimized for Pirouette Form but it always gets the job done since she offenses are high enough even with them being split. STAB with EdgeCombat coverage. What's not to love?

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta starts out in her Aria forme and must use the move Relic Song to transform into her Piroutte form. Relic Song is a damage inducing move with a side effect of having a 20% chance of putting the opponent to sleep.

Meloetta-P would be great if it did not have to use this move to transform as she is basically a stronger and faster Terrakion

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Why do you guys assume that Meloetta-P can't be a successful pokemon just because of Relic Song? Just see that move as a pseudo-Dragon Dance that can occasionally put something to sleep and that can't be taunted.
She has the highest speed of any fighting-type in her Pirouette form - definitely something to keep in mind.

Meloetta-P would be great if it did not have to use this move to transform as she is basically a stronger and faster Terrakion
Terrakion actually has move attack as well as having a much better duel stab offensively, a much greater movepool, while also having good set-up moves and the ability to use choice Items.

Why do you guys assume that Meloetta-P can't be a successful pokemon just because of Relic Song? Just see that move as a pseudo-Dragon Dance that can occasionally put something to sleep and that can't be taunted.
She has the highest speed of any fighting-type in her Pirouette form - definitely something to keep in mind.
Yes I defiently think she will be used but it is extremely annoying that relic song has to be used to get her into physical form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)