Metalheads United ;D

i think we need to make a metal list putting everything into tis "sub genre" and recomended/best bands from each section.

The Ocean, Mastodon, uneXpect, Genghis Tron (if they count), Hacksaw to the Throat, Between the Buried and Me, The Number Twelve Looks Like You...

I think that about does it. Protest the Hero if they count. But seriously, The Ocean. Fucking incredible.

Okay Viking Metal is one of those things that technically is a genre but all the "Viking Metal" bands really fall into other, broader categories like Power Metal and Black Metal. If you are going to list Viking Metal and stuff like that then you forgot stoner metal, glam metal, speed metal, gothic metal, drone metal, and a whole host of other genres that aren't really broad enough to encompass a lot of bands.

On a side note, I always meant to listen to Dream Theater but never really got around to it so now I am listenin to a bunch of Dream Theater

Okay Viking Metal is one of those things that technically is a genre but all the "Viking Metal" bands really fall into other, broader categories like Power Metal and Black Metal. If you are going to list Viking Metal and stuff like that then you forgot stoner metal, glam metal, speed metal, gothic metal, drone metal, and a whole host of other genres that aren't really broad enough to encompass a lot of bands.

On a side note, I always meant to listen to Dream Theater but never really got around to it so now I am listenin to a bunch of Dream Theater
You've got a great point. I forgot all of those other subgenres.

thats gonan be the problem with "the list" 1st of all for taht we need to decide on the genres to use the obvous ones are

Black, Death, power, clasic, glam(rock), thrash and Nu

(ive prob missed some but they the main ones i can think of)

oh and standerd metal

the the arguements of which band should go where comes and its gets intresting but in doing this we need to set "guidelines" for each which i not quite sure what they can be

thats gonan be the problem with "the list" 1st of all for taht we need to decide on the genres to use the obvous ones are

Black, Death, power, clasic, glam(rock), thrash and Nu

(ive prob missed some but they the main ones i can think of)

oh and standerd metal

the the arguements of which band should go where comes and its gets intresting but in doing this we need to set "guidelines" for each which i not quite sure what they can be
Nu does NOT count...

lol industrial... is that even metal? it's more like nu metal.

edit:RoseSunglasses, you forgot neo classical and rap metal.

All of this brings up another question, what genre's of heavy metal actually count for this list? Most death/black/power metal fans don't typically think that things like rap and nu metal are considered heavy metal (which i agree with), and yet they have metal in their name. In order to make an accurate list, you'd have to create a definition of heavy metal that all "true" heavy metal bands fall into.

So basically, this list thing probably isn't the best idea :P unless you want to take all that time to create it.

to list some bands:

Virgin Black
Opeth
Swallow the Sun
Meshuggah
Battle of Mice
Daughters
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Wolves in the Throne Room
Crowpath
Genghis Tron
Extol
Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects
Periphery

Dark Tranquillity
My Dying Bride
Mouth of the Architect
A Storm of Light

and a shitton of sludge and doom bands.

check my last.fm for more details. :toast:

If you want to hear some brutal drumming and metal in general listen to Cryptopsy, specifically None So Vile and Blasphemy Made Flesh.

The Ocean, Mastodon, uneXpect, Genghis Tron (if they count), Hacksaw to the Throat, Between the Buried and Me, The Number Twelve Looks Like You...

I think that about does it. Protest the Hero if they count. But seriously, The Ocean. Fucking incredible.
agreed.

I don't listen to much, but here's what I do listen to:

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Converge
Botch
Meshuggah
PsyOpus
Lye By Mistake
Car Bomb
Arsis
High on Fire
Daughters
Gorod
Baroness
Mastodon

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Industrial is not a metal genre, it's an electronic genre. Industrial metal exists where metal and electronica cross over, but it's not very common. Examples would be Rammstein, Pain, KMFDM etc

Viking metal isn't a genre because viking doesn't imply anything musical, just lyrical.

agreed.

I don't listen to much, but here's what I do listen to:

The Dillinger Escape Plan <--------- NOT METAL
Converge
Botch
Meshuggah
PsyOpus
Lye By Mistake
Car Bomb
Arsis
High on Fire
Daughters
Gorod
Baroness
Mastodon
I like meshuggah
Mastodon
Slayer
Nevermor
My dying bride
Iron maiden
November's doom
Swallow the sun
MastodonMegadeth
Killswitch engage
Motorhead
In Flames
Ill Nino
Opeth
Dark Tranquility
Insomnium
Lamb of God
Katatonia
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Pantera
Soulfly
Cavalera Conspiracy
Sepultura
Gojira
Throught The eyes of the dead
Bring me the horizon
Dream Theater
Bullet for my valentine
Chimera
DevilDriver.
Job for a cowboy
Childen of bodom( like the music not really the vocals)

that's all I can think of right now

hmmm... when did this thread get here?

I listen to some metal like Kreator, Behemoth, Megadeth, Celtic Frost, Overkill, Iron Maiden and some others. I mainly listen to thrash and heavy metal.

Oh and there is such thing as industrial metal. Ever heard of Ministry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)