Mienshao

No your wrong look more carefully.

Sub/Taunt/HJK/BP is pretty cool. ambipom is faster but kojondo can scare off more people and has regeneration :)

Getting back the HP from passed subs is indeed really nice.

And yeah, seems I was wrong about those moves after all. Well it sucks that it doesn't get claw sharpen. I find it ironic that it learns fast guard to protect teammates from priority attacks, but that won't protect it from the priority attacks it's going to struggle with in one-on-one. lol.

one of the best scouts for sure :) great attack/speed and regeneration really helps with entry hazards hehe

What about Sub/HJK/U-Turn/Payback? Subsitute on the switch, then Payback any Ghosts that switch in and U-Turn out to a ghostly counter and Regeneration the Sub damage. If it's not a ghost, HJK and then either finish it off or U-Turn out and Regeneration.

That's a more defensive set for it, I was postulating a more offensive take on the Substitute. Plus, you're passing very low HP Substitutes...

This is one of my favorite new pokemon. Regenerate + U-Turn? Alright!

I noticed he got Aura Sphere plus a respectable 95 Sp Atk, why not a mixed set? I realize HJK + 125 Atk hurts, but Aura Sphere will never miss and it has 90 BP itself. You don't want to miss especially if Sandstorm gets prevalent with those Sand Veil users.

He could run the mixed set if he's using cheer up. But the question is, will it stick around long enough to set up?

He could run the mixed set if he's using cheer up. But the question is, will it stick around long enough to set up?
A Choice Locked Pursuit or a U-turn from something like Blissey would give it time to set something up. Blissey would either switch or use Protect, predicting a Hi Jump Kick, which would give you time to use Substitute or Cheer Up. I think the Choice Scarf and Substitute sets will be the best for it since it's one of the few Fighting types to get U-turn and the only Pokemon to get both U-turn and Regenerate.

I like how versatile this Pokemon can be. Makes a brutal choice Pokemon with Reckless, a decent sweeper in its own right, and can pull off Baton Passing or sniping functions with equal efficacy. Given the advent of revealed teams, diversity and adaptability are going to be a huge deal in the BW metagame, and Kojondo definitely delivers.

It's never going to be the biggest offensive threat, but as a jack of (some) trades it gains a lot of utility out of the metagame shift.

No. Kojondo's ONLY priority move is Fake Out, no mach punch, and no vacuum wave. The two priorities it could have gotten stab on.

My Set:
@Life Orb + Regeneration
Hasty/Naive or Naughty

252/252/4SPTK

HJK
Aura Sphere
Stone Edge
Me First/Grass Knot/U-Turn

No Setting up required on this set so it's just fighting off the bat. As many others said, U-Turn+Regeneration+Life Orb is a great combo overall. This is more of a mixed set, but inclined towards attacking more. Aura Sphere to take care of any physical walls.

What people above stated. U-turn + Reneration is great. Its typing is also a blessing, resisting Stealth Rock, making it a very solid user.

If it was a bit bulkier, I'm sure this pokemon would be very good. Not that its not, but Regeneration works best with bulky pokemons.

I haven't been on shoddy or wifi for awhile, but I seem to remember payback doing double damage if it goes second. However, the move description says the power doubles if it's dealt damage first...am I wrong, or is the description wrong? Because I like HJK/U-Turn/Payback/Taunt. Payback would be sweet for killing incoming ghosts if it works like I think it does, especially with HJK as your main attack.

Another option that could work is ankle sweep. Hitting something with that and then u-turning could be a really nice little combo.

Kojondo only really needs a good priority attack and/or a way to boost it's own speed and it would be a much more solid pokemon. It's moveset issues aren't such a big deal comparatively...I just wish it got agility or mach punch.

In my experience with Kojondo, I never felt the need for a priority move. Huh.

I've been using this one in my wi-fi matches:
Kojondo @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

It's an amazing revenge killer, Shanderaa lure, and overall finishing Pokémon. Regeneration U-Turn is one of the best combinations ever, and I use Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge because it already achieves the necessary damage for revenging those Flying- and Bug-types, and the flinch rate is welcome. Drain Punch because sometimes I need a more reliable Fighting move, not to mention it also heals me.

Overall, amazing Pokémon.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit overhyped?

Sure, it has great attack, good speed, and U-turn, making it a great scout, but this thing has comparable defenses to Gengar, without Gengar's 3 immunities.

Regeneration doesn't help much when so much stuff OHKO's you with ease. Basically, Kojondo can only lead or get in on a revenge kill, it can't switch into ANYTHING. At least Flygon is immune to Earthquake and Thunderwave, if Kojondo gets T-Waved it becomes worthless.

well Deoxes A can't really switch in on much either and it's an Uber. You're not really supposed to switch Kojondo in, that's just not his role.

One of my favorite new Pokemon. But I have Regeneration on mine and I swear it's not working for me... Is there some kind of limitation on when it works? Because I had 100/134 HP, I used U-Turn to bring out someone else, then when I checked the status screen, it still had only 100 HP... Shouldn't it have recovered even a little bit?

Do the SpA EV's on the Scarf set improve anything? I say this, because 244 Spe EV's lets Kojondo outspeed +252 Deoxys-S. After this, you may as well max to speed tie other Kojondo.

Maybe just add that in somewhere, if people want to outspeed D-E?

One of my favorite new Pokemon. But I have Regeneration on mine and I swear it's not working for me... Is there some kind of limitation on when it works? Because I had 100/134 HP, I used U-Turn to bring out someone else, then when I checked the status screen, it still had only 100 HP... Shouldn't it have recovered even a little bit?
Perhaps the damage is recovered the next time you send the pokemon out?

Here are some HP Ice on Kojondo calcs:
Salamence, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 73.7% - 87% May OHKO after SR damage
Ononokusu, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 41.1% - 48.3% May 2HKO after SR damage
Sazando, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 33.8% - 39.9% 3HKO

Salamence, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 70.1% - 83.4% May OHKO after SR damage
Ononokusu, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 39.3% - 46.5% 2-3HKO (after SR damage)
Sazando, 0 HP / 0 SDef: 32% - 38.1% 3HKO with SR damage

It... doesn't look overly useful for Sazando. I'd say Speed > SAtk EVs, in general.

You probably got Inner Focus as your ability...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)