MLB 2015

I've concluded at this point everyone here should just stuff the ballot with Royals.

The only way to expose a flawed system is to exploit it.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dusty was better than Price
True but it doesn't mean that keeping Dusty around longer would've been the right choice either. It just means we didn't find the right replacement yet. :(

also lol royals I love this shit fuck you all-star voting (and also snubbing frazier because Cincy isn't a big market)

True but it doesn't mean that keeping Dusty around longer would've been the right choice either. It just means we didn't find the right replacement yet. :(

also lol royals I love this shit fuck you all-star voting (and also snubbing frazier because Cincy isn't a big market)
True but I really hate how Price has turned a playoff caliber team into a losing team. And he's the reason why we haven't seen Tony Cingrani in ages and instead have all these pitchers(except Cueto and Bailey) in the rotation that give up big hits and runs consistently. I honestly don't wanna see Price around for much longer

So let's talk about how Jose Tabata leaned into that pitch to ruin Scherzer's perfecto
Not sure there is anything to talk about. It isn't against the rules to do, and was a legal baseball play. He'll face his punishment by wearing one (did he today? I didn't pay attention) and his pitchers won't pick him up. And that'll be that really.

Sucks for Matt and it sucks for the fans. He shouldn't have done it, but it's not that big of a deal.

You guys fucking suck. I was waiting for someone to start the all star vote discussion so I wouldn't have to, because I'm going to do it half assed. And because I don't want to wait anymore, I'm just going to do it half assed.

Complete rosters can be found here just to save you the time from looking. Some notable points:

-Brock Holt over Pedroia (hurt but still should be in)/Boegarts/Koji Uehara/Buchholz for Red Sox representative
-Bumgardner and Wacha in, Kershaw snubbed to final vote and Hamels left to replacement limbo
-AL having 6 SP and 7 RP, and things like Boxberger over Pineda
-DJ LeMiehueueueueueueueu or however that's spelled over Wong and Panik, and other deserving IF players
-Brandon Crawford over Tulo window Tulo Wall
-Joey Votto and Justin Turner left off, which some select people are mad about
- I guess ARod is a snub too I guess, but I don't want to talk about him and who really cares if he is an all star or not?

Edit: More snubs/talking points added from what I've been finding on the webs

Last edited:
As an Astros fan, I'm a tad bit upset that JD Martinez made the All Star Game...but I guess it's good for him, and he really did need a change of scenery. I'm also upset that Will Harris didn't get the call - he's second only to Wade Davis in reliever ERA, and has a higher WAR and RAR than Herrera, Boxberger, and O'Day, with 0.1 WAR less than Betances, but more RAR. Dude's been filthy this year, and has gotten the Astros out of at least three bases loaded, 0 or 1 out situations.

I also think Correa very well could have been the AL SS this year, but it looks like he'll be that guy for the next many years.

Stallion and me were talking about Correa on our fantasy baseball chat and we both agreed that Correa should be on the team. A lot of people including myself look at the ASG as more of a reward for having the best half season, and don't want Correa in because of his playing time. However, when you look at the SS in the American League, you can make a case he has had a far better season than Iglesias who is the backup and Xander who is the final vote choice. If Escobar wasn't on the team clogging up a spot, or if Brock Holt was replaced by Xander, then I could very well see Correa making the team on the final vote. And the way he has been swinging, he obviously gives you the best chance to win the game if you're arguing from that roster building point of view.

The reliever choices were pretty bad, but I'm not really a huge fan of relievers getting ASG nods. I know that Yost has a team built around a bullpen, so it's not surprising that he went with this set up. But there are some pretty good closers and starters that I think should be represented like Pineda, Kasmir, Gallardo, Santiago, Buchholz, Street, Uehara, Robertson, etc. that I feel should have had spots instead of O'Day and Herrera.

I agree, and the whole Kansas City vote-stuffing really exposed how awful the system is, and changes are much needed.

The other day, Yost made a statement saying he's deciding between Keuchel, Gray, and Archer for his starter. Gray won't be eligible, being slated to start Sunday. It's a travesty Yost is leaving Sale out of the discussion (probably because of the Yordano incident), as the decision (in my opinion) should be Keuchel or Sale.

Well Cincinnati vote-stuffed Todd Frazier considering that a little over a month ago he was 3rd on the NL 3B in voting and now he got the starting job so why is KC getting shat on for stuffing the votes but not Cinci?

Todd Frazier deserved it. Houston campaigned for Altuve, only after Omar Infante took a lead over him. Alcides Escobar doesn't deserve it. One could argue for Jones or Bautista over Gordon to start.

The whole system is messed up. I think a better idea would be to have the players/coaches select a pool of deserving candidates, and then the fans vote for starters.

Holt has no business being on the team.

As mad as I am about Wong not making it, wasting a roster spot on Holt when Dozier should have been in there is a fucking crime. Agree on Will Harris too.

Bum should not be one of the starters and I'd be satisfied with any of Cueto, Kershaw, or C-Mart having been selected instead.

I agree on Dozier, but what other Red Sock is deserving? I guess a good remedy would be swapping Boegarts for Escobar and Dozier for Holt.

I agree on Dozier, but what other Red Sock is deserving? I guess a good remedy would be swapping Boegarts for Escobar and Dozier for Holt.
Or get Uehara in there over Herrera and Harris over one of the O's relievers.

EDIT: After seeing Boxberger giving up a walkoff GS to frickin Paulo Orlando get him the fuck out of the ASG

Last edited:
Brock Holt is weird in that I love him and he has value and I love that he is an All Star because his skills are so damned valuable. And on this shit Red Sox team (who are creeping up on everyone right now by the way... far from dead) I can't argue against him getting the nod. But while he has been one of our most valuable players, his value doesn't translate to a single game nor is he really All Star worthy. But as a Red Sox fan, if there has been one bright spot the entire season, it is Brock Holt. So it's not a bad pick for the Red Sox representative, but it's a bad looking pick for the roster.

Honestly, Buchholz probably deserves it the most out of any Red Sox right now. If you ignore the 9 run outing against the Yankees on the second start of the season, Buchholz has a 2.62 ERA on the rest of the season. Yeah, that's kind of picking and choosing but Buchholz has been a silent stud in Red Sox rotation. Koji also had a dead arm kind of thing doing to begin the year but has rebounded nicely since then and probably deserves the nod over Boxberger or O'Day or something too. Pedroia is also having a very nice season hitting .306 with 9 bombs and 33 RBI to go with his gold glove defense, but he is hurt and his roster status probably caused them to look elsewhere. And Boegarts has been talked pretty much to death.

Honestly, with Altuve and Kip pretty much the top 2 deserving 2B, it's kind of hard to argue for Dozier. Yes, he is great and is a runs machine. But deciding between him and Pedroia for a possible third 2B is going to be difficult. It's also hard to argue that having a third second baseman is more valuable than another OF or a SS since the position is thin. I think that Dozier is right where he should be in the fan vote with the rest of the bonus position players. He should probably win the fan vote and he is deserving of an all star nod, but it isn't a great tragedy to me if the questionably third best 2nd baseman doesnt get into the ASG.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Even as a Reds fan, I can't be mad that Votto was left off. He's having a good year but the 1B NL competition is really something fierce this year. Frazier deserves to start even if he wasn't the hometown hero this year though, Chapman being (probably) the only other Red on the roster, he's been unequivocally the best 3B in the NL so far. Cincy's just a mediocre team in a relatively small market, it's not easy for even the good CIN players to get in. :/

Damn, needs more Royals.

Even as a Reds fan, I can't be mad that Votto was left off. He's having a good year but the 1B NL competition is really something fierce this year. Frazier deserves to start even if he wasn't the hometown hero this year though, Chapman being (probably) the only other Red on the roster, he's been unequivocally the best 3B in the NL so far. Cincy's just a mediocre team in a relatively small market, it's not easy for even the good CIN players to get in. :/

Damn, needs more Royals.
Don't forget Cueto

So... I was planning to make a game for the Home Run derby, but I had a very shit day yesterday and only had one of our diehards say they wanted to play. And there is really no point of making it and thinking up prop bets and scores if it's just gonna be 2-3 people.

The HR Derby is dramatically different this year, so read up on the rules and contestants here.

Notable things are that it is now timed rounds instead of the traditional 10 outs. Every two bombs hit over 420 ft as measured by Statcast will grant the hitter one minute of extra time, and any bomb over 475 will grant 30 seconds bonus time. Bonus time capped at 1:30 min per round. So just clearing the fence isn't enough. Also notable rules is that the head-to-head bracket thing from last year is back, so check who they are going to face.

My pick is going to be Prince Fielder because he has a somewhat easy path, is a two time champion who wont be pressured into doing stupid shit early, and has kind of an easy path up to the finals, so a slow round won't kill him.

My pick is Anthony Rizzo, because it always seemed like lefty Astros hit more bombs in Cincy back when we were in the NL Central (Thanks, Bud). I could see either Joc or Prince winning too.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
that was a pretty awesome HRD tbh

I still think they should've just moved the Brewers back to the AL since they used to be there. I dunno why they moved the Astros, the whole in-state rivalry thing with the Rangers seems pretty retarded since most of the other two-team cities have one team in each league.

It was obvious at the time that Bud wouldn't move the Brewers since he used to own them, and so he forced Crane to move if he wanted to buy the team. The thing I least like is the west coast games that start at 9 pm Central time - at least the Rangers mitigate that. x_x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)