Modern Warfare 3 Thread (and I guess BlOps too? Does anyone still play that game?)

Might as well right? Anyway, as most of the living world who has access to a computer or an X-Box Live tag at least knows, MW3 is due for release in November. The 18th I think. I'm pretty excited. After the shitshack that was Black Ops, I feel like CoD can't go anywhere but up. I've been playing more and more MW2 and CoD4 as of late, because BO sucks. I'm really excited for this game though, while I know trailers mean nothing about the real game (re: Black Ops hype) it looks fucking incredible.

Things I hope to see:

Balanced Perk Tiers (MW2's perks were pretty balanced, Perk 1 you had an array of strong options, Perk 2 was Stopping Power or Cold Blooded [or Hardline/Danger Close I guess if you're a (BAN ME PLEASE)], Perk 3 was Ninja or Commando if you're a bigger (BAN ME PLEASE)).

Killstreaks that aren't crazy overpowered? Like, I know we've gotten used to the whole mentality of "it's an 11 killstreak dude, it's supposed to be strong" but really, it doesn't need to be.

Same shit as always like balanced guns, decent hitmarker detection etc, lack of scavengeable claymores.

My biggest thing I hope they bring back is OMA and Quick Scoping. To be honest, if you get rid of Danger Close, OMA isn't even a problem in Call of Duty "oh no he has infinite ammo" isn't a viable argument when Scavenger exists. And I feel like Quick Scoping belongs in CoD since it's been there since CoD2.

Those are my things I want, and I'm sorry this isn't really a "discussion sparking" OP, I'm not very good at those. I guess, ITT post your expectations desires and call everyone else noobs for what they desire and/or discuss why you don't play BlOps anymore? Sounds good.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
black ops was fun as fuck, zombies at least

spent at least 100000 hours of fun playing that with friends

i still play it, if anyone feels like doing some friendly zombies let me know, we might get 4 and have EXTRA fun

as for mw3, excited for it too

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
well idk how it works really well but Black Ops was made by Treyarch, while Modern Warfare is done by Infinity Ward, so I guess that explains the short timespan, as if you take it from the last CoD Infinity Ward made its been 2 years.

And Black Ops was out on November 2010 so it will be 1 year.

Blops players rep.

I'm getting sick of the way they make a new CoD game every year, what is this, the new madden?

Balanced perks and guns are what I'm after. No stopping power, it's not necessary. And bring back sit rep (pro) it was pretty much the most kickass perk in the game.

Next is make the maps interesting, I'm a little tired of "city" map and "desert" map and "snow" map, I wish there was a little more variation and style/character to the maps.

Quick scoping is pretty dumb, OMA was alright, but the tubing was shitty.

Bring back C4 glory, blops has been woefully awful to it ;_;

Quickscoping isn't a problem, it's that CoD spread. Balancing gameplay by making you stand still to reliably hit and kill someone doesn't work well.

According to the community manager OMA is not returning. All other 100% confirmed info as of a few days ago can be found here http://youtu.be/9tVhV9sN2oA

As for what I wanna see, first and foremost is developer support. It's a new Infinity Ward altogether, and Treyarch did a fantastic job with their support, so hopefully a precedent is set. MW2 would have been amazing with a few patches.

Since balance (and bug fixing) is the major thing about developer support, I'll skip that. I'd love to see the way you earn killstreaks to be redefined. In objective modes, have it so if you capture an objective, you gain kill streak points. In objective based games a CTF Capture could be four points, Domination Capture 2, a kill could be 1. A UAV on this setup would be gained at 3 points.

Just an example, but I really would like for objective gameplay to be rewarded, so people don't just sit around and go for kills in objective games (which is why I don't play them).

I want quick scoping to return, but make it akin to World at War. It exists, but isn't MW2 easy. I love quick scoping as well, but I can play smart enough to actually benefit the team while doing so. When I see some quick scoper go 4-15 on my team, it really annoys me. That was one thing about Black Ops I loved. Lack of that.

GOOD SPAWN SYSTEM PLEASE.

I wouldnt mind playing some zombies rey, I have TIK on live already.
I wont be able to play until like 2 weeks time as I'm really busy with assignments atm.
But god yes zombies is fun

reyscarface

World Defender
excellent, I got tik already, so lets get one more and we can start raping zombies in a couple of weeks

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There has been a new Call of Duty game every year since 2003 so if you're only catching on to their frequency 8 years later they've done a good job...

Modern Warfare 3 will not really by Infinity Ward. Almost all of their senior staff quit a year or so ago. It will be between whatever people are left at Infinity Ward's corpse and the people at Sledgehammer Games.

There has been a new Call of Duty game every year since 2003 so if you're only catching on to their frequency 8 years later they've done a good job...

Modern Warfare 3 will not really by Infinity Ward. Almost all of their senior staff quit a year or so ago. It will be between whatever people are left at Infinity Ward's corpse and the people at Sledgehammer Games.
tbh the formula is pretty mindless at this point--6 hour single player that plays like a michael bay movie and a few tweaks to the multiplayer formula established by codmw2. you really don't need infinity ward to make it, everybody will buy it no matter what and you can see why activision did not give a shit about the whole drama surrounding cod

you would think that after all these games they would have figured out how to balance everything

but nope

my friends are totally apeshit for this game series so I hope that it's better than the other ones so I can actually have a half decent time when I'm playing it

I can't see how anyone can say that MW2 was good. It is terrible and unbalanced.

And the models were nasty as fuck, just look at the Ump, since when was it meant to look like its side had gotten herpes?

MW2 is good. Compared to Black Ops, that is.
And CoD4 is good. Compared to MW2, that is. MW1 was really the one game they got down perfectly. Yes the grenade launcher and martyrdom was stupid, but it was otherwise a balanced game.

Their E3 reveal trailer for this was kinda bad though, seeing how it was mostly a water level.

you kidding? that water looked great

plus it's a good break from all the gameplay that they showed that pretty much was the same shit we've seen in the other two modern warfares

The E3 demo was just alright. This time around it looks like they're relying on shock value to move the story forward. The disappointing part is how strikingly identical it looks to MW2. I'm seriously skeptical on how much they really did change. From what I saw, it could have been mistaken as new DLC. Activision is money hungry, so whatever.

I have essentially no hopes for the story but it's rather interesting where they might be going with the multiplayer. From what I've read they want to make some appealing changes.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sigh I'm really sick of all the COD games.

Seriously the online lost all originality a LONG time ago and now its just beating a dead horse because, guess what, people still buy it! I really don't care what they say in the trailers and ads its the same thing with new maps and a new name slapped over the same exact game. It was fun with the first few but its just sad now.

Zombies are fun I admit but its not worth $60...

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sigh I'm really sick of all the COD games.
seriously it's the same thing over and over and over again, they are pumping these out in a year and pretty much making no changes to it. the only good change that came after cod4 was zombies, which is also starting to get old.

reyscarface

World Defender
same, getting 2 360s and 2 high definition tvs on the same room with a good air conditioner and some drinks to play hours of zombies nonstop, nothing is better than that.

nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)