Mono-Psychic TEAM!

I decided to post my Mono-Type Psychic Team. It is built around my Gallade (Razgriz)!

Espeon (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 6 Hp/252 Speed/252 Special Attack
Timid Nature (+Speed -Attack)
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Power Swap
- Hidden Power (Fight)
---> Basically Espeon is a very important player in this team. Often my opponent will start with a dark pokemon. So Hidden Power (Fight) will basically murder them. I use reflect basically when i find myself against a physical pokemon which i stand absolutley no chance. Power Swap is often used for late game sweepers (Scizor, Weavile, etc.) who pulled off a massive attack or special attack boost which i just want to get rid of. Psychic is just my basic attack to apply some damage.

Alakazam (M) @ Choice Specs
Abiliy: Synchronize
EVs: 6 HP/252 Speed/252 Special Attack
Nature: Timid (+Speed,-Attack)
Psychic
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power(Fight)
---> Alakazam is my revenge kill/Sweeper, i basically use him to come out and often Psychic the pokemon and continue for a long period of time. I like to bring him out late in the game because all the pokemon will be damaged by stealth rock and switch-ins. Energy Ball is specifically for pesky water or ground pokemon. Shadow Ball is for other wanabe psychics and annoying Ghost. Hidden Power (Fight) is an alternative to Focus Blast, with the power of choice specs it can be deadly.

Gardevoir (F) @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Hp/150 Def/106 Special Def
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Attack)
Hypnosis
Toxic
Wish
Protect
--->Gardevoir saved me countless time on PBR, it is capable of taking one outrage from a Garchomp and hitting back with a hypnosis. I use toxic for pokemon that can't do much to her. Wish and Protect are used for healing. Protect is also for free damage with Toxic. The Zoom Lens is intended to ensure that hypnosis and toxic doesn't miss.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/metagross.png
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Attack/6 Special Def
Nature: Adamant (+Attack,-Special Attack)
Meteor Smash
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Earthquake
--->Metagross helps brings Stealth Rock out when its against a pokemon that could do little damage to him. I often will use Stealth Rock on switch ins. Meteor Smash is very devestating, with an attack boost Explosion will be even more deadlier.

Jynx (F) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
Nature: Timid(+Speed,-Attack)
Ice Beam
Dream Eater
Substitute
Lovely Kiss
--->Perhaps the best pokemon on the team if given the chance to hit with Lovely Kiss. This Moveset is nearly unbeatable!! First you Lovely Kiss, then continue with a substitute. Then Dream Eater or Ice Beam depending on the pokemon. I've defeated a Heatran with this moveset(It took a couple Dream Eaters though) Always face a pokemon that is slower than Jynx when starting off. After the sub is up, BRING IT ON!

Razgriz (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: SteadFast
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Attack/6 Def
Nature: Jolly (+Speed,-Special Attack)
Psycho Cut
Drain Punch
Fire Punch
Bulk Up
---> Gallade depends alot on Espeon to set up the Reflect. When Reflect is set, he will continue to bulk up, most of the times i get just enough damage to activate the Salac Berry. With Reflect gone, you have just enough bulk up defence to continue an assault. Drain Punch everything! Fire Punch is really just for Scizor. Psycho Cut is for Pokemon who are resistant to Drain Punch and Fire Punch.

Overall Here my team:

PS: If the team is a mono team, there is no point in putting in a wild card pokemon It defeats the purpose of MONO.

You should take out gross to make the team uu as it withnbe able to survive there. To get your job done you may want mesprit it gets up rocks and is a tank with impresive defenses and high sp atk. Also your jynx is and extreme gimmick and should be the standard Luna set. As all mono type teams this one has major weaknesses. Mixdoom and honch eat your team for an afternoon snack so take that into account before you actually use this team

I agree with Trick Room. Mesprit seems like a good replacement for Metagross. Although, some other notable ones are: Slowbro, Uxie, and if you want a really offensive Psychic type, Medicham can weaken the physical walls for Gallade to move in.

You should take out gross to make the team uu as it withnbe able to survive there. To get your job done you may want mesprit it gets up rocks and is a tank with impresive defenses and high sp atk. Also your jynx is and extreme gimmick and should be the standard Luna set. As all mono type teams this one has major weaknesses. Mixdoom and honch eat your team for an afternoon snack so take that into account before you actually use this team
Thanks 4 the advice, i already have the team made, and i did beat many Houndooms and honchkrows. I managed to barely win against a mono dark team. Luckily i murdered Houndoom w/focus sash(Espeon Hidden Powered twice), and began to sweep with Metagross after Espeon got murdered by a sucker Punch.

Your team is extremely weak to Scizor. Jynx, Espeon, Alakazam, Gallade and Gardevoir is easily OHKO'd by Bullet Punch leaving Metagross alone(emo!!). So I suggest Gliscor. With Gliscor, Scizor would do nothing, while it allows Swords dance Gliscor to set up. Use the Given set below with these EV's 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe with a Jolly Nature. The 252 Hp Ev's allow's Gliscor to be bulky and set up as much as possible. Overall you have a good team. Good Luck!!

Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stone Edge / Aerial Ace

EDIT: Alright, but what about Late-game? Also, you might want to consider Jirachi in your team..

Your team is extremely weak to Scizor. Jynx, Espeon, Alakazam, Gallade and Gardevoir is easily OHKO'd by Bullet Punch leaving Metagross alone(emo!!). So I suggest Gliscor. With Gliscor, Scizor would do nothing, while it allows Swords dance Gliscor to set up. Use the Given set below with these EV's 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe with a Jolly Nature. The 252 Hp Ev's allow's Gliscor to be bulky and set up as much as possible. Overall you have a good team. Good Luck!!

Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stone Edge / Aerial Ace
Hence why i have reflect on Espeon, and continue with a fire punch on scizor. I faced alot of scizors, and they all died like this. :P Oh btw I don't believe that mono teams should contain a pokemon that isn't the same type. Eg. Gliscor in my psychic team. But thanks for the idea! I should add some more bulkies! Oh and btw Espeon is sashed

My rate is based on if you are using an OU mono-Psychic.

An Uxie lead with SR and Screens would work well here, as you are bound to use a Wish passer. Bronzong can serve as a check to Outrages, while Gardevoir Wish passes to him after he takes them. Most DDer's are fast, so a Speed IV of 0 and Gyro Ball will take them out. On that note, Bronzong can also set up Screens and SR. Depends on what you want.

Gardevoir should have Leftovers over Zoom Lens, and Will-O-Wisp over Hypnosis. Over Toxic, you can have Focus Blast or Thunderbolt (hit Tyranitar versus hit Gyarados). Thunderbolt is usually the best option.

You should have a SubstituteEncore Alakazam set for your lead, as if you predict well, slower leads will get stuck on Stealth Rock, and you have a free Sub up to spam attacks. Espeon is slower than Alakazam, and about as fragile, and so Espeon should be replaced. Here's the set for Alakazam:

Alakazam @ Leftovers - Timid
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
~ Psychic
~ Signal Beam/Hidden Power Fire
~ Substitute
~ Encore

There are only so many leads you can't play around with this set. Substitute first basically, Encore if they didn't attack and set up Stealth Rock (they will mostly attack, and depending on what attacks you, if they outspeed or are bulky, I suggest you switch to a check). Lastly, you might as well use an Azelf lead if you don't have enough success with Espeon or Alakazam.

Espeon or Alakazam or Jynx should be replaced by Scarf Jirachi or Latias. I think you should consider some of the Pokemon in OU over the ones you are attempting to use. However, unless you have problems getting some of them as they you would prefer not to hack at all, that's fine. Finally, Starmie is a good addition as he can take Fire, Ice and Water attacks, Recover off the damage or status (Natural Cure), Spin away Rocks, and just otherwise support the team.

Gallade should be Swords Dance, and on that note, make some of your teammates users of a paralysis move. Other than all that, I can't think of anything b/c Mono-teams have rules behind them making it difficult to use too much of anything. I would however like to state that YES YOU CAN use ONE non-Psychic, this is called a "Wild Card", and it helps balance out your weaknesses. Gliscor would work pretty well taking on Tyranitar and Scizor, so you should use the set already suggested above.

My rate is based on if you are using an OU mono-Psychic.

An Uxie lead with SR and Screens would work well here, as you are bound to use a Wish passer. Bronzong can serve as a check to Outrages, while Gardevoir Wish passes to him after he takes them. Most DDer's are fast, so a Speed IV of 0 and Gyro Ball will take them out. On that note, Bronzong can also set up Screens and SR. Depends on what you want.

Gardevoir should have Leftovers over Zoom Lens, and Will-O-Wisp over Hypnosis. Over Toxic, you can have Focus Blast or Thunderbolt (hit Tyranitar versus hit Gyarados). Thunderbolt is usually the best option.

You should have a SubstituteEncore Alakazam set for your lead, as if you predict well, slower leads will get stuck on Stealth Rock, and you have a free Sub up to spam attacks. Espeon is slower than Alakazam, and about as fragile, and so Espeon should be replaced. Here's the set for Alakazam:

Alakazam @ Leftovers - Timid
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
~ Psychic
~ Signal Beam/Hidden Power Fire
~ Substitute
~ Encore

There are only so many leads you can't play around with this set. Substitute first basically, Encore if they didn't attack and set up Stealth Rock (they will mostly attack, and depending on what attacks you, if they outspeed or are bulky, I suggest you switch to a check). Lastly, you might as well use an Azelf lead if you don't have enough success with Espeon or Alakazam.

Espeon or Alakazam or Jynx should be replaced by Scarf Jirachi or Latias. I think you should consider some of the Pokemon in OU over the ones you are attempting to use. However, unless you have problems getting some of them as they you would prefer not to hack at all, that's fine. Finally, Starmie is a good addition as he can take Fire, Ice and Water attacks, Recover off the damage or status (Natural Cure), Spin away Rocks, and just otherwise support the team.

Gallade should be Swords Dance, and on that note, make some of your teammates users of a paralysis move. Other than all that, I can't think of anything b/c Mono-teams have rules behind them making it difficult to use too much of anything. I would however like to state that YES YOU CAN use ONE non-Psychic, this is called a "Wild Card", and it helps balance out your weaknesses. Gliscor would work pretty well taking on Tyranitar and Scizor, so you should use the set already suggested above.
Thanks for the advice i did use a dual screen bronzong before and constantly wish passed him with gardevoir. I did also have thunder wave on my gardevoir and gallade, they did decent. But I really like my gallade wih bulk up therefore he can definetly take any hit. And if he has sword dance his defence will be puny and he will be suspectable to a Band Garchomp! I also did contain a Latias over Gardevoir before as well, it did very well but i tend to try to avoid using legendaries, i just don't like to use them anymore. :P Thanks alot!

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Okay, I'm going to be straightfoward here: A lot of these movesets are pretty bad. Also, you make a lot of wrong assumptions in your descriptions.

Espeon:
Basically Espeon is a very important player in this team. Often my opponent will start with a dark pokemon. So Hidden Power (Fight) will basically murder them.
Really? Last time I checked, the only Dark type lead people use is Tyranitar. Tyranitar will always survive a Hidden Power Fighting from Espeon and OHKOs with Crunch (Sandstorm nullifies Focus Sash).

Most of the leads people use are Psychic or Steel type like Jirachi, Azelf, Metagross, or Heatran.

Power Swap is often used for late game sweepers (Scizor, Weavile, etc.) who pulled off a massive attack or special attack boost which i just want to get rid of.
You won't be able to because you'll be dead by then. Scizor will go first and KO you with Bullet Punch. Weavile will go first because its faster and KO you with Night Slash. Every other late game sweeper (Lucario, Empoleon, Salamence, etc.) can easily defeat you in one hit.
You already have a Pokemon on your team which makes the perfect lead: Metagross! Metagross is very reliable and can easily get Stealth Rock up, that's why its such a popular lead.

First you Lovely Kiss, then continue with a substitute. Then Dream Eater or Ice Beam depending on the pokemon.
Ever heard of Sleep Clause? Once you put a Pokemon to sleep, all they have to do is switch out. You can't put another Pokemon to sleep, since that would be breaking the rule. And because of that, Dream Eater automatically becomes useless since you can't use it on something that's not sleeping. That's the reason good players don't use Dream Eater.

Since you only have Ice Beam left, all they have to do is switch to something that's resistant to Ice.
This can be fixed by using a different attack (Focus Blast works well with wide lens) or using Calm Mind for a potential sweep.

Gallade:
Gallade depends alot on Espeon to set up the Reflect. When Reflect is set, he will continue to bulk up, most of the times i get just enough damage to activate the Salac Berry. With Reflect gone, you have just enough bulk up defence to continue an assault. Drain Punch everything! Fire Punch is really just for Scizor. Psycho Cut is for Pokemon who are resistant to Drain Punch and Fire Punch.
Latias and Starmie wall you all day long. They laugh at your Reflect and your Bulk Ups because they use Special attacks and not physical. They'll be hitting you hard with Dragon Pulses and Surfs and you can't even heal yourself.

Also, Spiritomb is immune to Drain Punch and Psycho Cut. Fire Punch won't do much especially after it Will-o-wisps you.
Night Slash is needed for Latias and Starmie (over Psycho Cut). It won't do much to Spiritomb, but it's not as commonly seen as the other two.

Also, another thing that's really important that I want to tell you is:

~~~PLAY AGAINST GOOD BATTLERS AND NOT NOOBS! Don't fight against random people on PBR. Most of them don't even know what EVs are. It's not even a standard 6 vs. 6 form of battling. If you had been fighting people who were actually good, you'd realize this team has way more problems than you thought.

Okay, I'm going to be straightfoward here: A lot of these movesets are pretty bad. Also, you make a lot of wrong assumptions in your descriptions.

Espeon:

You already have a Pokemon on your team which makes the perfect lead: Metagross! Metagross is very reliable and can easily get Stealth Rock up, that's why its such a popular lead.

This can be fixed by using a different attack (Focus Blast works well with wide lens) or using Calm Mind for a potential sweep.

Gallade:

Night Slash is needed for Latias and Starmie (over Psycho Cut). It won't do much to Spiritomb, but it's not as commonly seen as the other two.

Also, another thing that's really important that I want to tell you is:

~~~PLAY AGAINST GOOD BATTLERS AND NOT NOOBS! Don't fight against random people on PBR. Most of them don't even know what EVs are. It's not even a standard 6 vs. 6 form of battling. If you had been fighting people who were actually good, you'd realize this team has way more problems than you thought.
sadly you're right, this team was just for fun i did basically murder everyone in PBR anyway. Yep i'm currently working on a team that is balanced. Thanks :P

Love the team. :3
I would put Will-o-Wisp on Gardevoir instead of Toxic though, and I would use Psychic on Jynx instead of Dream Eater. Will-o-Wisp allows you to burn things that like to come in on Gardevior such as Scizor while Psychic actually lets you attack without your opponent having to be sleeping.

Your team is very weak to priority. Shadow Sneak hurts Gallade, Espeon, Jynx, Gardevoir and Alakazam. If a SD Gallade with Shadow Sneak were to set up on your Gardevoir, after a pokemon was already sleeping on his team. It could potentially set up 2 SD's. A +4 Shadow Sneak can OHKO Espeon, Gardevoir, Alakazam, and Jynx without Reflect. Gallade could then procede to Close Combat Metagross and Gallade to death. You should fit Claydol into your team. It provides a good Spinner and Screen(s).

Hai-lo.

Just go UU, that's most likely the only way this team will survive in any way. I suggest some other bulky Psychic-type over Metagross. Maybe Claydol to spin away rocks and set some up for your team? Because I know for a fact that Gallade loves Stealth Rocks to the ends of the Earth. Gallade is also hurt pretty badly, and you risk more KOs rather than activating Salac with SR up on your side. This way, you'll go UU, and help the team as a whole by getting rid of entry hazards. I also know for a fact that Alakazam will be hitting and running like CBScizor. The Stealth Rock damage WILL build and will kill Alakazam and your other team members. You're basically handing the "WIN" ribbon to your opponent by leaving up Stealth Rock AND being in the OU metagame with only one OU pokemon that doesn't even fit in the team at all.

Hope that helped! GL with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)