Monotype Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point Dm, only one mega per person so everyone gets a chance to do what they want :)

Also, avoid Mega Mence and the ubers since they'll be insta banned. You can do everything else (yes, you can do Sableye :( )

tumblr_ndgl2eYB6O1qj1zbpo1_500.gif
Beedrill-M for A-Rank for Poison!
Adapatabeelity (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adament Nature
- Drill Run/Knock Off
- Knock Off/Poison Jab
- Protect/Swords Dance
- U-turn/X-Scissor

Now, Beedrill-M can outspeed Greninja with 252 spe and adament, hence why Adament is an option. Depending on what you want to hit with Beedrill-M, you should adjust your moveset accordingly. The reason for protect is because 75 base speed in a regular form isn't going to be outspeeding much. With Drill Run, you can hit Heatran for massive damage, but with Knock Off and U-turn, you can deal with Psychic/Ghost pokemon, if it isn't Prankster Sableye which would pull off a Will-O-Wisp, and pretty much just derail Beedrill-M for the rest of the game. In general, U-turn (on Beedrill)is a better move than X-Scissor just because it can hit and not be hit in return, and also scout for counters. One thing that holds Beedrill back is its lack of bulk, and massive weakness to priority. Poison Jab doesn't benefit as much on Poison in my opinion. Beedrill-M is in general very powerful, and can take massive chunks out of pokemon with a U-turn, which is generally the safe option to scout. The reason I'm including Swords Dance, is because if you find the time/luck to force a switch on an opponent, you can most of the time, safely mega and get in a Swords Dance. I don't reccomend this, because the opponent probably has a Choice Scarf, or is going to kill with a Priority-User. Now, some of you might be mentioning why it isn't S-Class, or anything like that, and that is because, it can't sweep a team alone, it needs some support such as something to U-turn to, as well as something to bulk hits from a Scarf user. One of Beedrill's greatest fears is scarf and priority, and I cannot stress this enough. It also gets walled pretty hard by Flying and Steel's Skarmory, but to be fair, that walls alot of physical attackers.

Now for those reasons and Beedrill's flaws and strengths, I nominate Beedrill-M for A-Class!

I will update with calcs with some personal experience, but at the moment: Battle Calculator is down/ being updated.

252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 134-158 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 126-150 (35.7 - 42.6%) -- 93.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 120-142 (28.5 - 33.8%) -- 97.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Gastrodon: 220-260 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 26-31 (7.7 - 9.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Beedrill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 73-87 (21.8 - 26%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Beedrill Drill Run vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 408-480 (105.9 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Beedrill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 260-306 (76.2 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 252-300 (63.9 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-M: 194-230 (69.7 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-M: 132-156 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 102-121 (31.5 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

As you can see, it has good chip damage, but it struggles to put dents into common physical walls, and pokemon that resist its main forms of damage.
Again, I'll update later when Battle Calculator is working.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Death God Anubis said:

Beedrill-M for A-Rank for Poison!
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly/Adament Nature
- Drill Run/Knock Off
- Knock Off/Poison Jab
- Protect/Swords Dance
- U-turn/X-Scissor

Now, Beedrill-M can outspeed Greninja with 252 spe and adament, hence why Adament is an option. Depending on what you want to hit with Beedrill-M, you should adjust your moveset accordingly. The reason for protect is because 75 base speed in a regular form isn't going to be outspeeding much. With Drill Run, you can hit Heatran for massive damage, but with Knock Off and U-turn, you can deal with Psychic/Ghost pokemon, if it isn't Prankster Sableye which would pull off a Will-O-Wisp, and pretty much just derail Beedrill-M for the rest of the game. In general, U-turn (on Beedrill)is a better move than X-Scissor just because it can hit and not be hit in return, and also scout for counters. One thing that holds Beedrill back is its lack of bulk, and massive weakness to priority. Poison Jab doesn't benefit as much on Poison in my opinion. Beedrill-M is in general very powerful, and can take massive chunks out of pokemon with a U-turn, which is generally the safe option to scout. The reason I'm including Swords Dance, is because if you find the time/luck to force a switch on an opponent, you can most of the time, safely mega and get in a Swords Dance. I don't reccomend this, because the opponent probably has a Choice Scarf, or is going to kill with a Priority-User. Now, some of you might be mentioning why it isn't S-Class, or anything like that, and that is because, it can't sweep a team alone, it needs some support such as something to U-turn to, as well as something to bulk hits from a Scarf user. One of Beedrill's greatest fears is scarf and priority, and I cannot stress this enough. It also gets walled pretty hard by Flying and Steel's Skarmory, but to be fair, that walls alot of physical attackers.

Now for those reasons and Beedrill's flaws and strengths, I nominate Beedrill-M for A-Class!

I will update with calcs with some personal experience, but at the moment: Battle Calculator is down/ being updated.

Ferrothorn takes about 40-50% from a U-turn.
Takes a good chunk out of Rotom-Wash depending on the EV's/Nature, up to 50% against some sets.
Again, I'll update later when Battle Calculator is working.
Nice write-up, my only gripe is the slashing on the set, I would say U-Turn is absolutely mandatory as it hits really hard as you described, and it's one of the factors that makes Beedrill really hard to deal with. Next I would say Protect is really important and deserves it's own slash as like you said, Beedrill is frail as anything even when Mevoed so it's often worth getting it off safely at the cost of a turn. The other two slots are quite ambiguous and up to personal preference so slash those as you'd like, just as long as they include some combination of Poison Jab, Knock Off, Drill Run and X-Scissor. As I say though, really nicely written up, and good speed too :D

Nice write-up, my only gripe is the slashing on the set, I would say U-Turn is absolutely mandatory as it hits really hard as you described, and it's one of the factors that makes Beedrill really hard to deal with. Next I would say Protect is really important and deserves it's own slash as like you said, Beedrill is frail as anything even when Mevoed so it's often worth getting it off safely at the cost of a turn. The other two slots are quite ambiguous and up to personal preference so slash those as you'd like, just as long as they include some combination of Poison Jab, Knock Off, Drill Run and X-Scissor. As I say though, really nicely written up, and good speed too :D
definitly, U-Turn is mandatory, its a great STAB move for Beedril while allowing it to become a pivot to other Pokemon getting a good matchup, if needed. Definitly mandatory!

definitly, U-Turn is mandatory, its a great STAB move for Beedril while allowing it to become a pivot to other Pokemon getting a good matchup, if needed. Definitly mandatory!
I added X-scissor just in case somebody might bring it up that it'd appreciate the extra power, but I always run U-turn.
I wrote the extra slashes because it really depends on what team options the user is running. And thanks :D, Beedrill-M was one of the first megas I used when ORAS OU originally came out.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mfw smogon stopped alerting me to new posts in this thread...I missed so much. x_x

I'll reserve mega-swampert on water b/c its too easy to write up croBro.

link_vs_mega_sableye_by_muddoodzar-d7m0de6.jpg

Sableye-M for A-class S-Class for Dark!
Link (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic

Sableye-M is a fantastic anti-stall pokemon with Magic Bounce, but I cannot see it using much more than the set above. It just doesn't have much, and Calm Mind boosts its weaker spdef stats up, while Will-O-Wisp hurts physical attackers that attempt to put the hurt down or set up on Sableye-M, while also annoying other teammates. You could also toxic stall with Sableye-M, but the loss of priority recover and the loss of Will-o-Wisp isn't as quite as nice. Sableye also provides wonderful support for its teammates with Magic Bounce, preventing status and whirlwinds/roars, and hazards from entering your side of the field. It has wonderful potential both as an offensive and defensive pokemon, and another benefit it loves is avoiding fighting moves for dark as well. So, it has multiple things going for it, it offers both wonderful burn as well as bouncing back entries for Dark, as well as adding a Set-up Sweeper as well, has nice neutralities to bug and fighting, and enjoys taking on fighting moves. It loves bouncing status moves back at a opponent, and bouncing back hazards. One problem for it is Fairy moves, but you should always have something to beat down Fairy pokemon. It doesn't detract much, just for going up against fairy, it shouldn't be your first switch in. If going up against a physical attacker, your first move should to be going for a burn, because since Sableye's health is so low, it can't take a ton of abuse against strong physical attackers. Taunt isn't an option because Magic Bounce bounces back any status ailments, hence making it a poor option.

So for these reasons, and the benefits and its weaknesses, which its strengths overshadow and the support it offers for Dark is too great, I nominate Sableye-M for A-class S-class for Dark!

Last edited:
Idk I still feel the ernormous pressure Sable cab end up putting on its opponents and its amount of utility make it an easy S rank I'd think.

Mega Pidgeot for E rank (Normal and Flying)

PLEASE tell me that you won't use this. If you want a mega, go for Salamence Charizard for Flying and Lopunny for Normal.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, let me get on with the analysis. This Pokemon is almost unusable, with the only thing going for it is a no-miss Hurricane. TrollFreak striked again when it gave us a HUGE special attack boost, when it's moveset is asking for an attack boost. This Pokemon I would consider to be a miniscule upgrade to Pidgeot, which is also unusable in almost every meta.

Once again, this Pokemon is no different than Pidgeot is, and if you're looking for a mega, look elsewhere.
No, just no. I swear, why? Just why, this is an idiotic ranking with little to no thought put into it, it isn't entirely unusable, you didn't include any sets at all, so here's a sample set. It can spam 110 BP+STAB Hurricane, and never suffer from missing with Heat Wave or Hurricane. Hidden Power Ground rounds off its coverage, allowing it to hit Heatran. U-turn is amazing in general, allowing it to scout for opponents attempting to counter, allowing it to double switch with ease.
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heat Wave
- U-turn/Roost
Now, I nominate Pidgeot-M for B-Class for both types, its not entirely unusable, you are just incredibly bias against it.
Idk I still feel the ernormous pressure Sable cab end up putting on its opponents and its amount of utility make it an easy S rank I'd think.
I did originally rank it at S-rank, but then I felt the loss of prankster might be too great. I dunno, there's numerous pro's and con's of Magic Bounce and increased bulk. So maybe, the immense ultility of Sableye-m might make it S-Class. Plus, if you play it right, you might not need Defog at all.

Last edited:
Mega Pidgeot for E rank (Normal and Flying)

PLEASE tell me that you won't use this. If you want a mega, go for Salamence Charizard for Flying and Lopunny for Normal.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, let me get on with the analysis. This Pokemon is almost unusable, with the only thing going for it is a no-miss Hurricane. TrollFreak striked again when it gave us a HUGE special attack boost, when it's moveset is asking for an attack boost. This Pokemon I would consider to be a miniscule upgrade to Pidgeot, which is also unusable in almost every meta.

Once again, this Pokemon is no different than Pidgeot is, and if you're looking for a mega, look elsewhere.
I'd put a set on there, and Death God Anubis had a really nice one. Yes, it's outclassed on Flying & Normal since it takes up a mega slot, but Normal does have a use for it. STAB Hurricane at 121 base speed is great since it outspeeds and KOs every unboosted Fighting type (including Mega Gallade). HP Ground / Heat Wave lets it gets past troublesome Steels who'd wall you otherwise. Because of that, I'd give it C/D Rank for Flying (Outclassed by Tornadus-I but usable), and B Rank for Normal.

Yo Death God Anubis, Just one New Mega atm. So Dont make a new one K.
Sorry, maybe if more are free later.
I'd put a set on there, and Death God Anubis had a really nice one. Yes, it's outclassed on Flying & Normal since it takes up a mega slot, but Normal does have a use for it. STAB Hurricane at 121 base speed is great since it outspeeds and KOs every unboosted Fighting type (including Mega Gallade). HP Ground / Heat Wave lets it gets past troublesome Steels who'd wall you otherwise. Because of that, I'd give it C/D Rank for Flying (Outclassed by Tornadus-I but usable), and B Rank for Normal.
Alright, thanks for the support. Its definately not amazing, but its still decent, and its good qualities overrank its bad qualities, so I'd say B-rank fits it nicely on Normal.

Just a reminder, as other people have said, nominations are based on viability, not popularity etc. Make sure you've actually used the Pokemon you're nominating. That's how we get the best explanations / best sets :)

Also, Reserving Mega Lopunny <333333333333

Last edited:
Just a reminder, as other people have said, nominations are based on viability, not popularity etc. Make sure you've actually used the Pokemon you're nominating. That's how we get the best explanations / best sets :)

Also, Reserving Mega Lopunny <333333333333
fuck u i want it ;;;; whatever, i haven't used it TOO much doe ;;;;

Mega Lopunny for A Rank

< Gigantic asf, but too lazy to change its size so deal with it
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Return / Power-up Punch / W/e you want to cover

• Fake Out is mandatory since it lets Lopunny safely mega evolve while doing a nice amount of damage.
  • - High Jump Kick is Lopunny's best Fighting type STAB. Accuracy is a little shaky, but the damage output is worth it. Thanks to Scrappy it hits Ghost types such as Sableye + Aegislash.
  • - Ice Punch does a ton of damage to Landorus-T and Gliscor, while hitting Dragon Types such as Salamence super effectively.
  • - The last move can be whatever you want. Return is a high BP STAB that hits whatever High Jump Kick can't. Power-up Punch is useful since Lopunny forces a lot of switches. Substitute is also an option for things like passive Mew. Thunder Punch hits Bulky Waters and Gyarados super effectively. However, I do not recommend Healing Wish since Chansey can easily heal weakened teammates.

Credit to A Hunk for this set.. it somehow swept me.. somehow....
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Circle Throw
- Substitute / Power-up Punch / Ice Punch / W/e

This is the most trollish set that actually works... its base speed lets it Circle Throw things like Skarmory and Zygarde before they Whirlwind / Dragon Tail you. As you all know, Cosmic Power boosts both defenses by 1 which may seem like nothing but a lot of teams are surprised by it, and by the time they try and counter it, it's already at +2. Rest is Lopunny's only way of Recovery and it gets rid of status. Circle Throw would generally be bad, but Scrappy lets it hit Ghost types and it's STAB. Substitute is only for Mew who'd Taunt / Burn stall you to death. 135 outspeeds a majority of Monotype Mews so Lopunny will almost always Substitute first. (Monotype Mews don't carry an attacking move in upper ladder.) Power-up Punch boosts attack and is pretty easy to spam once you're at +6 while Ice Punch hits a lot of the times that threaten it. This is a gimmick, but it works......

Explanation: Lopunny was blessed with a great attack stat (136), high base power moves, and a speed tier that lets it outspeed every mega other than Beedrill and Sceptile (speed ties with Manetric). Lopunny makes a (somewhat) good Knock Off absorber with its Fighting typing / Knock Off immunity, and it isn't weak to Iron Head (Audino :( ). Unlike a majority of Megas, Lopunny can safely Mega Evolve with STAB Fake Out while whittling away your opponent's health. From there, you can spam High Jump Kick and Return without having to worry about Ghost types thanks to Scrappy. Fighting STAB is important since it dents Steel, and Ghost types (Fuck Sableye......), making it easier for your teammates to sweep. Unfortunately, Lopunny lacks boosting moves other than Power-up Punch and Cosmic Power (lol..) making it more of a late game cleaner since it can't kill a majority of healthy Pokemon without a super effective move. It also needs stuff such as Mandibuzz, and Skarmory removed since it can't really do anything to them (hint: Helioisk). Overall, it is a solid mon, and it covers a lot of Normal's weaknesses. However, it's frail so you'd need to find a way to switch it in safely (harder said than done ;[ ), and it's too weak to do a lot of damage early on.

Last edited:

Mega Rupt for C Ranking.

Now Camerupt is a lot of things for Ground Teams. He is the third (fourth if you want to count Nidoqueen) eligible specially oriented Sheer Force user, our only eligible Fire/Ground type, and one of the few ground types capable of spreading burns (be it wisp or scald like Gastro/Quag). He is the benefactor though of having the most complete coverage of the three users in that with three slots he hits everything that he would need to with a E-Power that hits roughly as hard as that of Landorus' with a much more powerful STAB in waiting (as in Fire Blast). He is capable of being a reliable Mew fighter (Mew is forced to try and roost stall between FB and Wisp damage) and proving as a reliable check to fairies and a great grass killer (and Char Y check as well). He has a lot going for him, but why would he be ranked so low?

Well this is sadly the curse of being said third SF user. Landorus already breaks a good majority of the tier with his imperfect coverage and Nidoking is a viable option in terms of his beautiful coverage. Nido serves as a much more reliable fairy and grass killer as it has the ability to switch between Poison and Fire attacks. It doesn't even truly matter that Camerupt has the damn utility it does if it can't use it as efficiently as the two above, and this is sadly saddled with his speed tier. While Lando sits at a usable (but sometimes still slowish) 101 and Nido a mediocre (but still fast enough) 85, Camerupt sits at the lowly sum of 20. This means that the likes of Slowbro are faster than him. He still hits extremely hard and has great utility in his last slot form SR to Wisp to Yawn, but in reality he is not as reliable a mon as Nido and Lando are.

This is not even mentioning the fact he has to compete for Ground's Mega Slot, especially with the type gaining two others this transition in Steelix and Swampert. While it may not be the worst of the bunch, it is stuck in the middle of the group. Very usable for his attributes but outclassed in some key aspects by others who share his role.

Do not let this dissuade you from using the Volcanic Camel though! He is a useful utility mon in all the right regards, speed creeps Slowbro who wish to use him as an easy set up, wisps incoming Azumarill, and nukes the hell out of grass, poison and steel team if given the right support. It is a bit demanding at times yes, but this is why he is C ranking. A mon that can be regarded as outclassed but still able to fufill his role remarkably.

Sets
Blast!!! (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide/Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp/Stealth Rock

Imo his best set and that last slot should really be wisp. This set speedcreeps base 30s by a fair amount while still retaining overall bulk and pure power alongside it. Rock Slide is slashed over Ancient Power to being able to pick off Volcarona and Char Y easier (Char Y's lesser stat and Volc's non boosted one). Overall the main way to be played is come in, evolve to nuke and take advantage of superior bulk, and re-act accordingly to the appropriate switch. He may only have two weaknesses and have some nice resists, but he isn't doing much sadly without recovery in taking a lot.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Sp Def
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide/Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp/Stealth Rock

Similar to the one above, except this forgos the act of trying to speed creep completely and just be a hard hitting tank.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide/Ancient Power/Yawn
- Will-O-Wisp/Yawn

Now more traditional tank set. As you can see the moves between all these sets aren't very negotiable, but this one gets a bit more interesting. This Camerupt is more in line to tank special hits much better while firing back with enormous power while helping spread status around with either yawn or wisp (Azu switch in wants easy kill, suddenly must choose easy kill then sleep or switch out to something else). While in some cases it may be more immediate to Wisp instead of Yawn, the two status help differentiate the threat Camerupt may pose to the opposing team making his role possibly unknown In what he is really doing.

Stealth Rock was just slashed on all the slots because it is an option since he can force a great amount of switches allowing easier hazards.

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and mess with the Volcanic Camel! His support might be more pressing that those of his Sheer Force brethren, but he is still one worth considering to his unique capabilities!

Jynx (ice) for D rank

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 184 HP / 70 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss

People will often switch in something expendable to absorb lovely kiss if you come in on something it outspeeds, so this makes sure that they do not have whatever it is for the rest of the match. Especially nice against bulky pokemon with scald or walls like chansey, who will die horribly for no reason, and they have to attack jynx instead of setting up after each kill (bar taunt/magic bounce/ fast sub) because of the threat of crippling status, and thus prevent free turns from bulky SR users from coming in after on jynxl or the potential disaster of volcarona. Can run protect over substitue for pretty much the same effect, or taunt for trapping things with no attacks or phasing (you have to rely on sleep to live enough perish song to take effect though) HP evs pushes jynx over 300, so it will require 4 seismic tosses.

Jynx @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

A jynx that disables things slower than it and then tries to hit whatever switches in as hard as it can with his available coverage. HP evs is to get the odd number for stealth rock and life orb damage. Keep in mind that jynx is horrifically weak to priority, with the exception being aqua jet, although ice teams don't struggle with azumarill that much in my experience.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Focus Blast

If you like scarf breloom, then jynx can be a stand in mon when using ice teams. I find jynx as a scarfer to be less versatile than frosslass however, as being outsped by common scarfers and +1 dragon dancers makes it less able to check them, even with less suicidal options than D bonnd, and better special attack.

Jynx @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss

, these days, it's probbably better to run LO on the substitue set, as you don't want to take hits after a sub goes down. It's +2 ice beam will 2HKO specially frail 2x resistant pokemon like doublade and bisharp without the life orb, and with it you gain more props on neutral pokemon.

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Counter / taunt

Lead jynx breaks sashes, throws status around, and gives it's life against physical attacks. Generally outclasses by weaville in this department.

While it has cute little additions like a water immunity. The reason to use jynx is lovely kiss. This move is only as accurate as sleep powder or fire blast, but succesfully landing it can give jynx or a deserving partner the turn needed to make something happen, or just lower the opponet's pool of options by 1. Generally you'll switch to something like cloyster after kissing so you can smash freely if they stay in, but jynx has just enough special attack to hit things on it's own, esepcaiily the frailer, speedy pokemon that might switch in to revenge it. Perish sets can be game changing if the opponet's only answer to kyurem is a defensive threat rather than an offensive one.

Last edited:
Since I'm going past the character limit, i'm going to have to take some Pokemon down. I'd love to include every single one, but alas, I can't. These Pokemon didn't make the cut, if you want me to explain, then pm / vm me.

Blissey
Spiritomb n64lord sorry if you already started writing, but I don't have enough room to put it in.
Swellow (Normal)
Hitmonchan
Jumpluff
Xatu
Garbador
Wishcash
Chatot (Flying)
Garbador

As I said before, I wouldn't get rid of anything if I could, but with the arrival of ORAS it'd be impossible to fit all of these new megas.
I'm really sorry about this :(

(Is there a way to increase character limit?)

EV

Banned deucer.
Since I'm going past the character limit, i'm going to have to take some Pokemon down. I'd love to include every single one, but alas, I can't. These Pokemon didn't make the cut, if you want me to explain, then pm / vm me.

Blissey
Spiritomb n64lord sorry if you already started writing, but I don't have enough room to put it in.
Swellow (Normal)
Hitmonchan
Jumpluff
Xatu
Garbador
Wishcash
Chatot (Flying)
Garbador

As I said before, I wouldn't get rid of anything if I could, but with the arrival of ORAS it'd be impossible to fit all of these new megas.
I'm really sorry about this :(

(Is there a way to increase character limit?)
You could always link to an external document with share mode on. I'd hate for Pokemon to not be included because of a character limit, but it might also be worthwhile to cull a few things that really don't serve much of a purpose other than sitting in the lowest rank with only one highly-outclassed role.

You could always link to an external document with share mode on. I'd hate for Pokemon to not be included because of a character limit, but it might also be worthwhile to cull a few things that really don't serve much of a purpose other than sitting in the lowest rank with only one highly-outclassed role.
That was my thought process when I removed some mons. An external document sounds like a pretty good idea, I'll make one once I update the op.

About fighting types in the new metagame.. The calm mind keldeo sets now has another niche in being one of the most viable answers to mega sableye (the most common guts pokemon tend to only be able to hit him with a weaker non stab ice punch or knockoff(no item boost on megas), scrappy pangoro is.... endangered... and the other checks to it are plain gimmicks, like punishment or detriemental to your long term game (wear it down with choice and SD pokemon after burn)

Additionally, Mega Heracross for fighting mine as well go above it's current C rank to something more fitting, like A rank, It can break walls fairly impressively in it's own right, and it also gets unique coverage on bulky psychics and mega slowbro in particular, whose removal can make or break the game. If it runs Guts as it's starter ability, and megahorn>pin missle (if the PP actually ran out you're not using him right to begin with.) then it can check any sableye and slowbro at the same time, both of whom have the potential to 6-0 a conventional fighting team. His overall higher bulk allows him to live things like skarmory's brave bird and tank uninvested moves from walls, coverage moves like bolt beam, and opposing fighting attacks. It also makes him the best recipient of a BP hawluhca available. Takes noticably less damage from ice shard, and unboosted extremespeed than the the other megas, and gets to keep his resistance to sucker punch and foul play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)