Most Emotional Pokémon Memory

the joy of accomplishment from getting out of the seafoam islands and/or Victory Road in the original.

I remember when I first did it I got lost so much.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky, is one of my favorite games in the series. Fantastic writing, and the most legit emotional responses a Pokemon game has ever given me (Wigglytuff's origin story is fucking sad, dude, dat ending tho). And it's a pretty fun game as far as roguelikes go. Shame Magnagate fucking killed that side series, what a shitty game.
Chunsoft should've made Grovyle return to the past after SE5, and have him meet you and your partner again. That would have been amazing.

I don't have one set memory but definitely the collective early years of just playing the game. I got red and blue the first Christmas they were available. I spent so many hours since as a kid you really don't have any other commitments. It was nice just constantly playing the game for hours after school. I swear I would at least spend 5 straight hours playing every school night. Probably my favorite memory is when I finally found Cinnabar Island. I had no clue as to how to use surf. I randomly decided to try surf out in Pallet town and sure enough I was on my way to discovering even more good stuff. The journey was long but definitely worth the hours put into it. I've been hooked ever since.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Reviving this, just because I can't stop praising the godly ending of PMD Sky. Seriously, if you haven't played it, play it.

I've hard an emotional PMD moment, but it wasn't the end. It was when Darkrai makes the illusion/nightmare whatever that your partner turned on you.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I am good at keeping myself reserved, but there was a few Pokemon memories that made me lose it. One was Gates to Infinity's ending where you were forced to return (even though it was obvious what was to happen), where I was near to shedding some tears. Then there was X/Y's ending where I paid attention to the lyrics and became very self aware of much of my life I was wasting doing mostly nothing and not cherishing as much as I should.

In terms of gameplay itself, my most emotional memories was my first playthrough of SoulSilver where it was Lance was down to two Dragonites and my Lugia and Ampharos (forgot his/her name). Lugia failed to kill one with Blizzard (must have been the SpA IV) and got ko'd and Ampharos got revenge and was dealing with Dragonite. Despite the odds, Ampharos managed to paralyze that Dragon and finish it off in the red.Since I returned to the franchise recently at the time and was trying to get used to the new mechanics, the performance was lackluster in hindsight (like fighting Aerodactyl locked into Close Combat and coming out with 1 HP on Heracross), but it doesn't take away the fun. Then there was the horror show that was Black Nuzlocke where SEVEN of my Pokemon (starter included) got brutally killed in between N and Driftveil Gym, where my pragmatic nature faltered and gave way to hesitation and fear. Despite this, I still finished the run on a good note,despite losing half of my team due to Ghetsis at the end (Mienshao revenge-killing Hydreigon and then sweeping his ass made up for it though).

I still need to try out the PMD game I got back in 2011 (Explorers of Time), but I keep putting it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)