Most Emotional Pokémon Memory

I have so many fond memories of playing pokemon its hard to choose. I remember defeating Red on the original pokemon Gold which was my first ever pokemon game. I was walking through the shops with my mum, my head down staring intently at my gameboy. i think i went and caught a graveler so id have an immunity to his pikachu lol and i ended up beating him with my Ho-oh it was awesome. Also in that same game when my golbat evolved into crobat i had no idea golbat got an evolution since i hadnt faced Koga yet. Crobat instantly became my favourite pokemon and still is to this day.

No question about this, about 2 years ago when I plugged in my old fire red cartridge and it said the memory card was corrupted and the saved files of my first ever Pokemon game got deleted, well... lets just say that was a pretty bad day for me...

In soul silver I had the mission to obtain each and every pokemon with simply regular pokeballs. I had gotten to the part with lugia and started the fight. Let's just say I had to reset around 4 times due to stupid lugia flailing and hurting itself, then me screaming a lot cause I had been on that lugia for a good hour. I named it after I FINALLY caught it "Rage Induce". It was a Mild nature and quick tempered(ironic right?), and was so pissed when the kimono girls said he wanted to join me :/

Note:You didn't specify it had to be a good emotional memory :P

My friend used bad GameShark codes on my Gold game, so I couldn't get past the Snorlax, and then I wasn't able to hold any items in my bag despite taking them all out. Restarting my game and saying goodbye to my level 100 Typhlosion was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Stone RG

Megas are broke

The first time i went through the story i literally cried, i mean i didnt want N to go, i saw him as a friend i wanted to help, there is no reason to leave me alone witht the mediocre characters. And I still take the pokemon games too seriously.

And then this happened

You didnt do this to me GameFreak, i get way too emotional, and that song got to me so hard, just when i least expected it, i mean, im used to get depressed when i finish up a pokemon main storyline, but this was too much, nothing could hold me off from telling myself how much of an asshole i am sometimes.

P.D.: btw, nah i havent played Mystery Dungeon, but im planning to go through it after i finish up the pokemon ranger series, which i havent even started.

For me, it was the first time I managed to get out of Ice Path in Crystal! That place frustrated me so much... That game was my first though, my first starter was a female Cyndaquil I named FIREBALL. To this day, I always soft reset for a female starter because of her... And when I got the GB sounds item in SoulSilver, I teared up at being able to hear all the nostalgic music from my childhood.
I was too young to really understand R/B when they first came out, but I had a friend a few years older than me who played the games obsessively and sometimes he would let me play them... I think I actually learned to read off of Pokémon Blue since I was not a huge fan of books. I still remember reading out loud, "GARY, do you know why you lost?" and feeling super proud of myself.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 1 and 2 also have the saddest endings ever, and the PMD series is still my favorite spin-off series because of the emotional story and the triumph you feel after getting through that 100 floor dungeon...
And getting my beautiful Hydreigon to level 100 was pretty special too :D

In my Silver Version after hours (minutes? I was like 8) of retrying to catch Lugia, I finally got it. Ice Punch from my level 100 Feraligatr brought it to red Healy and froze it. First ball was a Pokeball and I caught it.

Funny story about that Lugia, too. My brother and best friend at the time as witnesses; I messed up cloning it and got a level one clone. It always made really rare pokemon appear when it was first in the party. Instead of a Lugia sprite, my trainer sprite would stay in. If I switched to Feraligatr then switched back it would appear as a Feraligatr with the same palette as the trainer sprite. Super weird stuff.

For me it was finding out about Kyogre and Groudon's origin atop Mt. Pyre. It was the first time Game Freak made a game which revolved around a legendary Pokemon with this amount of destructive power. I reach the highest point in all of Hoenn, battle with Team Aqua, and then listen to the old man's tale.

"It happened long, long ago...The world was wracked by a ferocious clash between the Pokemon of the land and the Pokemon of the sea...The Pokemon of the land raised mountains and created continents...The Pokemon of the sea raised huge waves and carved out oceans...Their fierce duel raged without end. The world was engulfed in vicious storms and massive infernos."

The atmosphere and music made it much more powerful. I remember getting goosebumps as I read his story.

I've got a few answers. It's too hard - GameFreak hits with all the feels sometimes.

Firstly, I'd like to agree with the PMD series endings - I played 1 and watched an LP of 2 - I cried so hard on #2's ending, it was insane.

Secondly, I'm an avid nuzlocker. One of my favourite things to do with my spare time. I once competed against a friend of mine in a nuzlocke of Pokemon Black. I wiped against Grant and his Excadrill, despite going in with at least one type advantage against it. I slugged away at that game, trying to catch up with my friend. In the process, I lost my Leavanny which I loved with all of my heart. I couldn't bring myself to release it, so I boxed it instead. I caught up with him only when I finished training everything to level 55-ish for the E4 & etc. I went in, screwed up where 3 of the E4 were, despite a lack of casualties (my friend lost his Swanna to Marshall, though). During the Reshiram fight, I lost my Ferrothorn because I forgot that Reshiram was a fire dragon. My friend and I went in, fought N, and won. At that point, we battled Ghetsis and got our asses handed to us (it was either by him or N, I'm not 100% sure anymore). I lost twice. I then went up to battle Ghetsis again. By some streak of pure luck, Reshiram survived Hydreigon's attack with a sliver of health, giving me just the opening I needed to go in and own Ghetsis' ass off. After being asked to nuzlocke the postgame, I said I couldn't - I wanted my Leavanny back.

Special mentions to the Distortion World in Platinum, N in BW, the memory link in BW2, and the ending song in XY.

PMD1 and PMD2's endings are phenomenal. Legitimate man tears were shed at the end of those games. The Distortion World in Platinum was also amazing, with the darkest story line yet in a Pokemon game wrapping up inside. But, then there's always the feeling you get when you beat the Champion, and you see your Pokemon, your six friends that you had with you throughout this game, enter the Hall of Fame. The feeling of accomplishment you get.

When I found Lugia in Silver. I mean it had it's own sprite how cool is that (lol)
seriously though he is hidden at the end of a maze in one of the whirlpool islands and I had no idea he was there. (to this day Lugia is my favourite Pokemon)

As a kid, waaaaay back in blue, my best Pokemon was a level 87 Magneton named "THUNDER" in all caps. I thought it was cool seeing "THUNDER used THUNDER!", hehe (I had other lv100 mons, but I enjoyed Magneton the most for some reason).

Anyway, I got Silver soon after and was stoked to play with THUNDER in colour and with all the new Pokemon and all, but the battery ran dry on my Silver shortly after and he was lost forever...

Just a few months ago, I booted up my Pokemon Stadium 1 to find I'd registered a team with THUNDER, so I played it. Let me tell you, seeing "THUNDER used THUNDER!" And the announcer going "Here it comes, THUNDER!" gave me a happy little tear :,)

I went through the trouble of breeding a shiny Magnemite so his legacy can live on. Good night, sweet prince.

My most was completing yellow for the first time. My worst (lol) was lv. 96 blastoise and my brother deleting my save file. Grrr, it was annoying lol

When Gary motherfucking oak critted 3 times with tackle and knocked out my squirtle in my very first poke battle

I too am an avid nuzlocke rand in my disestablished documented run (cschollen1s jerkish green still going on right now) my favorite character to write for a pidgeoto named Decarte was poisoned and as I ran back to the pokecenter not even thirty steps away he dies I wrote him a great death with the song seasons in the sun but man I had so much planned for him so much backstory not too mention I lost my alakazam machop dugtrio and raticatd all in that same update lets just say I was very depressed and am takin va break right now.

Hurling Ultra Balls at Latios while it Struggled repeatedly, praying that it didn't faint.

The Latios turned out to be Jolly. >_<;

Also, being down to the wire against Evice and finally managing to win with just Jumpluff and Heracross left. WOOOOOOO.

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nothing quite tops the feeling of beating Pokemon Red for the first time. I was 13 when Pokemon Red and Blue came out and I got Red and my first Gameboy Pocket (never did have the gray brick) for Christmas that year. Picked Squirtle and went through the game, including almost breaking the gameboy in frustration trying to deal with Sabrina and her stupidly OP psychic pokemon. Flash foward to the pokemon league and after beating Lance I thought I had finally beat it, NOPE. Stupid rival and his stupid team and I think I lost at least twice before finally getting him. It felt good, man. I don't remember my entire team other than my Blastoise and Articuno. (who to this day remains at the #2 slot for my favorite pokemon, just behind Houndoom.) Such a noob in those days as my blastoise had Surf, Hydro Pump, Bubble Beam, and Water Gun and my Articuno had Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, and Haze. Still, loved that game and still do to this day, though my interest sort of waned once Netbattle faded into obscurity. I'm glad to have the spark reignited though.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky, is one of my favorite games in the series. Fantastic writing, and the most legit emotional responses a Pokemon game has ever given me (Wigglytuff's origin story is fucking sad, dude, dat ending tho). And it's a pretty fun game as far as roguelikes go. Shame Magnagate fucking killed that side series, what a shitty game.

Having a Primeape that not only obeyed me past my badge level in Yellow, but also destroyed Sabrina. Yeah, it's not that impressive now that I know all this stuff about the mechanics, but it was an amazing experience for me when I was like 10 years old. He was such a bro.

When I got roaming Raikou in Crystal to red HP and Sleep and the box was full. Words cannot describe my rage.

>tfw your favorite shiny Pokémon appears in a Safari with a competitive nature/ability and pretty amazing IVs
;_;

Eromatisse.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)