Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In hatching a shiny, does calling elm mess up the egg frames? like i call elm 9 times to see if i hit my delay but my egg frame is only 5. So are elm calls advancing something totally different than actually rejecting eggs?
So are you just on the shiny part? If you are then calling Elm won't matter

If you're at the part to give the old lady your parents, then calling elm should do nothing.

If you're at the part to pick up the egg from the old man to hatch it (for IV abuse mainly) then yes, calling past your egg frame will mess it up. I suggest reading Riski's guide there, since it even has a visual for you ^^

EDIT: /mumbles about always being beaten, haha.

Thanks guys and im having trouble hitting my seed but i'll get it and one more thing like say i somehow got 9999 coins, could i RNG a porygon form the game corner?

It's the same feeling as RNGing a starter, lol.
It would be nifty, not sure if it's possible...but it'd be pretty cool, lol.

Hmmm to tell you the truth, breeding didnt even come to mind :P and i think i will do that im going to breed me a nice shiny porygon! now to figure out how... lol

Definitely possible to get shiny Porygon from the Game Corner. I did it myself. It didn't have a good Hidden Power though...so I got another one, regular coloration, with HP Fighting 70.

19998 coins damn well spent. Boredom killed.

haha wow if there is a way i could give you coins i would and whats the most you have ever gotten from one set of voltorb flip? and so i get a JOLLY porygon with 31 iv's in sp att. PPPOORR QQQUUUEEE!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I just play. I usually make over 2000 each time I play. I should keep track of how long I play for.

To be on topic, I have a question.

As I've searched, the encounter slots for headbutting Pokemon haven't been calculated yet. People have been able to do it, though.

I'm assuming headbutted Pokes are Method K. Does headbutting advance the frame? (I haven't tried RNGing from headbutt yet myself because I'm currently saved in front of Lugia)

Wulf - having your radio on affects the responses. Sometimes your radio will change your starting frames so although it may seem your responses are wrong, you are just starting at a higher frame in the same seed. Use the Elm Response Finder to verify this.
hmmm... how would I know if the radio is on and how exactly would I turn it off?

Hi guys, having a major issue with DPPt RNGing.

I can make it up all the way to picking up my egg from the daycare with the (supposedly) flawless IVs. This has never been the case. I can barely get one IV to be 31, let alone all six, or even four. I've settle with four at this point.

No, none of the NPCs move.
Yes, I do use AR when RNGing.
No, I do not preload my codes. I hand select them every time.
Yes, I am on the right frame.
Yes, my seconds are always the same.
EDIT: yes I do always start the game at the top of the minute

No, my delay is not always the same. This is my problem. Despite seconds being the same and frame being the same, I cannot, for the life of me, nail the same delay. So my questions are thus:

1. What does delay mean? Don't tell me, "it's basically seconds." Give me the exact definition of the delay. Do not use the word "seconds." I'm sick of people telling me this when I know it's more than seconds.

2. Why can I not hit the same delay, despite frame and seconds being the same every time?

3. What can I do to fix this?

1. What does delay mean? Don't tell me, "it's basically seconds." Give me the exact definition of the delay. Do not use the word "seconds." I'm sick of people telling me this when I know it's more than seconds.

2. Why can I not hit the same delay, despite frame and seconds being the same every time?

3. What can I do to fix this?
The delay occurs right when you see the game intro and ends once you hit continue on your save file, it advances really fast so it can vary to a large extent (not sure how large, perhaps miliseconds), this is probably why you can not hit the same delay every time, there is no exact way to "fix this" except to keep trying until you can hit your delay

EDIT: I am currently experimenting with pikatimer, and I believe it lets you adjust your times (the "other delay" feature) so you can more easily hit your delay, hope it helps you.

One delay is approximately 1/60th of a second. Thus...same second can have varying delays of course. This is why when it boils down to it, there is a luck factor to RNGing. To fix this: Get better (more proficient) at using pikatimer if you can't do it by emloop. That's really the only way, haha.

As for NPC movements. I've read/heard that even when NPC doesn't move, they "can" be advancing the frame because there is an advancement for telling them "don't move"
This is why, because DPPT breeding has more than 1 NPC, it's nice to calibrate and make sure your frames are good. That's not your problem though, just wanted to add it.

Strange.. whenever I search elm responses via RNG reporter, it's search results are off from whatever I had input... could anyone tell me why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)