1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Osostewie

Osostewie

ok so i hit my delay and the elm responses matched up and i called him 10 times to confirm then another 60 (cause latios is frame 71) and i didnt get the right spread. What did i do wrong?

@Pokefreak12: download wichu's program http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2553502&postcount=4 and then answer all it asks but put the nature in all caps
  2. Riski

Riski

That's the point of doing a SID/OT RNG, isn't it? Perhaps you should read the guides on the first page of the help thread.
  3. Bakus

Bakus

Your frames might be off most likely - when calling elm to advance your frames, exit out of seed to time and in the main window of RNG reporter, generate all the frames for that spread. Then just go down the list until you hit your desired your target frame.
  4. reklaw_vahn

reklaw_vahn

How can there not be a seed in my game. Wouldn't that imply that I couldn't get a shiny at all?
  5. Osostewie

Osostewie

so like everytime i call him go down one frame to keep track? I wrote out all the answers like K P E and i counted them again and it was 70 and im supposed to call him 70 times for a frame of 71 right? and is there any other i did wrong?
  6. zack

zack

No, just not with those results.
  7. Bakus

Bakus

Well...most likely not, unless what you're RNGing is in an area with roaming NPCs...in which case, yeah, lol.

If you wrote out all the elm responses, then check the responses with my instructions up top and see if it matches? If they do, then look near your target frame for what IVs matched your fail results to see which frame you actually got :)
  8. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

There could be a few things, did you have a Syncher out in front? Did you click him fast enough where there wasn't any NPC movement? Those are my suggestions
  9. Osostewie

Osostewie

im trying to catch the latios in front of pewter museum so maby there are NPC's? and ok i will do that be back in like 6 hours lol
  10. CPrime

CPrime

Osostewie, the only thing I can see going wrong is you getting a frame 1-5 frames after frame 71. There's an NPC that you can't see, who can mess up your frame advancements if you don' click on Latios fast enough after making all 70 calls.
  11. Osostewie

Osostewie

Steven is right there? and i took like maybe 5 steps then i talked to latios could that be wrong? and i counted and everything matched up perfectly.
  12. Bakus

Bakus

Yeah, definitely frame advancements. Enigma Stone Lati@s have like...3 or 5 random NPCs on that city, haha. It's a tough one to do, lol.
  13. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

Very wrong, save in front of the Latios, there was definitely NPC movement if you did that

EDIT: Damn you had a quick response
  14. Nexus

Nexus All the Cute
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

there are other NPCs in Pewter City that move, Steven doesn't move at all. Why would you save 5 steps away from latios anyway, just stand right in front of it then interact with it when you've done your advancements.
  15. Osostewie

Osostewie

Any suggestions to how i could manipulate everything? but i guess i will do that later and say i went to go get mewtwo, i could use the same time and seed and everything right? cause its a timid flawless set
  16. CPrime

CPrime

Save literally right in front of Latios. Here's what you should be doing:
    Hit your delay.
    Elm calls.
    Exit PokeGear and immediately click on Latios. If there's any time in between exiting and clicking on him, you won't get the right Latios.

Yes, it will also work on Mewtwo.
  17. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

Indeed
  18. Osostewie

Osostewie

ohhh damnit i could have had a flawless latios f i was closer?? and the only reason i wasnt close was because my L button is set to A so when i SR it talks to latios and then we battle lol but i can reset it real quick
  19. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

Yup you would have had the Latios you have been working days for, hey at least you know you can hit the delay now
  20. Bakus

Bakus

Yeppers - what you could do is when exiting pokegear, press b instead of touch screening it. Then you're out of the elm screen but the npcs are still frozen. Place your hand b and slide it to a. That way you literally exit and talk to Latios right away.

It's a hard event to get because of the roamings out there...but yeah, lol, it's definitely worth the trouble ^_^ You can do it I'm sure :)

And yes, you can do it for the Mewtwo ^^

EDIT: Not so...it's random NPC for a reason. If you're unlucky and the NPC still moves...then it'd still advance by one and you'd still be in trouble. What you can do though if you run into this badluck is to see how much the NPC advances each time and do that as part of a "calibration" or you can resave and try again. I hope you get it soon ^^
  21. pokefreak12

pokefreak12

Ok, on the Shiny PID list side on Pandora's Box, do you have to use the delay you have from calibrating(say my delay is 598) or what?
  22. BlueSuperSonic1

BlueSuperSonic1

You have to callibrate how long it takes you to start a new game and use the callibrated info from that
  23. Riski

Riski

Use Wild Eep's recommendation in his post on the first page (post 11) or use a higher one. Since you're doing DPPT, I recommend a minimum of 6000. You may need higher.
  24. pokefreak12

pokefreak12

Ok, then how do I figure out the delay I hit during calibration?
  25. Phallylapper

Phallylapper

So for RNG abusing for Shinyness and IV's for an egg in HGSS, when I save in front of the Daycare man after I did the Shiny part of the RNG, do I actually turn my DS off? I thought that would mess up the shinyness or something.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)