Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I can't get my computer to let me download the PikaTimer. Is it possible to do with the Pokemon RNG Timer from the first post in this thread?

Any 2 stage timer like that should work. As far as I know, people use PikaTimer because it's the most common and very easy to use.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I don't understand...

Why are the fishing results displayed in the encounter slots of the most recent version of RNG Reporter always shows as "?"... but why the older versions show the results of fishing???

Pls. someone tell me where to download the earlier versions of RNG Reporter...
The new one doesn't even know if I'll get a byte or not...

Hey guys, I have been RNGing for a few days, and had a few questions.

First of all, for RNGing Egg IVs, do I check HGSS Inheritance on RNG Reporter for HGSS at all times, or only when using Power items? I didn't use the power items, and I'm starting to wish I did.. RNGing for IVs is a pain..

Second of all, does RNGing come easilly to all of you, or does it take a loooong time? It took me a full day just to get the right seed for a shiny, and I've been trying to get a seed for IVs for over two days.. x_x

Third of all, using Pikatimer, I almost always need to adjust my delays by 42. I'm RNGing on a Nintendo DSi XL, do you think this is the reason of the delay? Or is it the slow speed on my computer?

Anyway, if you could answer any of these it would be greatly appreciated.

A quick question. It says here that trophy garden pokes are encounter slot 6 and 7 based on what Mingot posted. My current trophy garden pokemon is Mime Jr. and my previous trophy garden poke is Ditto. But then when I tried to catch a Ditto (encounter slot 7), Mime Jr. appeared. I did hit my seed and right frame. Is something wrong with what Mingot posted? I mean, is this accurate?

Slot 0: 0-19 20% (Swarm)
Slot 1: 20-39 20% (Swarm)
Slot 2: 40-49 10%
Slot 3: 50-59 10%
Slot 4: 60-69 10%
Slot 5: 70-79 10%
Slot 6: 80-84 5% (Trophy Garden, Current)
Slot 7: 85-89 5% (Trophy Garden, Previous)

Slot 8: 90-93 4%
Slot 9: 94-97 4%
Slot 10: 98 1%
Slot 11: 99 1%

A quick question. It says here that trophy garden pokes are encounter slot 6 and 7 based on what Mingot posted. My current trophy garden pokemon is Mime Jr. and my previous trophy garden poke is Ditto. But then when I tried to catch a Ditto (encounter slot 7), Mime Jr. appeared. I did hit my seed and right frame. Is something wrong with what Mingot posted? I mean, is this accurate?

Slot 0: 0-19 20% (Swarm)
Slot 1: 20-39 20% (Swarm)
Slot 2: 40-49 10%
Slot 3: 50-59 10%
Slot 4: 60-69 10%
Slot 5: 70-79 10%
Slot 6: 80-84 5% (Trophy Garden, Current)
Slot 7: 85-89 5% (Trophy Garden, Previous)

Slot 8: 90-93 4%
Slot 9: 94-97 4%
Slot 10: 98 1%
Slot 11: 99 1%
The slots are correct. That's how I caught my shiny Jolly Nest Ball Eevee, encounter slot 7 which is previous since my Jolly spread didn't have slot 6 :)

EDIT: Here's what I got he first time I used slot 7 (previous because I thought slot 7 was current)

Shiny Pichu

Pokeball(s) avaible in:

Nature: Jolly Male
IVS: 30/30/31/3/30/31
EVS: None
Moveset: Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot
Hidden Power: N/A
Availability: Level 22 UT
I thought the Current Trophy Garden swarm Pokemon or whatever you wanna call it was encounter slot 7 not 6 -__-. I was going for a shiny Nest Ball Eevee :)

Here's what I got a day later

Shiny Eevee

Pokeball(s) avaible in:

Moveset: Helping Hand, Sand Attack, Growl, Quick Attack
For use as a Leafeon :D

I hope this helped you :P

Ok I'm having a real serious bad time with the RNG Reporter right now.

I am currently trying to breed a Male Togetic with a Ditto (Syb's) together for a Female/Ability 0/Modest Togepi.

What has gone wrong is that everytime after hitting the correct seed/delay/frame, the end result in which RNG Reporter says Female/Ability 0/Modest Togepi turns out to be a Male/Ability 0/Modest Togepi instead.

What am I doing wrong?

I make the necessary Joey calls to advance the frame (if target frame is 9, I make 4 Joey calls, if targeted frame is 4, I make 1 Joey call etc.) I always make the call after I put the parents into the daycare. I confirm through Elm calls and have no roamers out. What is going on? Is this a bug by RNG Reporter?

Seeds I have used: A50002C, E00602BD,

I am currently trying to breed a Male Togetic with a Ditto (Syb's) together for a Female/Ability 0/Modest Togepi.

What has gone wrong is that everytime after hitting the correct seed/delay/frame, the end result in which RNG Reporter says Female/Ability 0/Modest Togepi turns out to be a Male/Ability 0/Modest Togepi instead.

What am I doing wrong?

I make the necessary Joey calls to advance the frame (if target frame is 9, I make 4 Joey calls, if targeted frame is 4, I make 1 Joey call etc.) I always make the call after I put the parents into the daycare. I confirm through Elm calls and have no roamers out. What is going on? Is this a bug by RNG Reporter?
Syberia's ditto is an International parent. :)

EDIT: KarlMee is right. >.< I just did a togepi breed awhile ago. I should have seen that. :P

What am I doing wrong?

Have you got the gender ratio set to 50% M 50% F? If so change it to 87.5% M 12.5% F because Togepi is 87.5% Male.

Have you got the gender ratio set to 50% M 50% F? If so change it to 87.5% M 12.5% F because Togepi is 87.5% Male.
It's set to 87.5%.

Another thing I have just noticed is that since this is the first time I've worked with Syberia's Ditto... Im guessing the international parent factor is throwing everything off?

The slots are correct. That's how I caught my shiny Jolly Nest Ball Eevee, encounter slot 7 which is previous since my Jolly spread didn't have slot 6 :)

EDIT: Here's what I got he first time I used slot 7 (previous because I thought slot 7 was current)

Shiny Pichu

Pokeball(s) avaible in:

Moveset: Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot
I thought the Current Trophy Garden swarm Pokemon or whatever you wanna call it was encounter slot 7 not 6 -__-. I was going for a shiny Nest Ball Eevee :)

Here's what I got a day later

Shiny Eevee

Pokeball(s) avaible in:

Moveset: Helping Hand, Sand Attack, Growl, Quick Attack
For use as a Leafeon :D

I hope this helped you :P
Thanks for replying dude. Caught what I wanted. :)

Still looking for someone to tell me the difference between a Delay, and a Predelay for use on the Pokemon RNG Timer.

Ok, my friend told me that using the Radio by tapping the bottom left then right of the radio finder will advance my frame by 1. My question is...Do I have to do both taps to move one frame? Or is it moving one frame when I tap left and then another when I tap right?

Ok, so is there a step-by-step guide to RNGing wild Pokemon? I don't mean the kind of guide we have here on Smogon. That's just a bunch of information that I can't understand because it assumes I know what methods are what and what buttons to click to figure out the seed I need to encounter a wild Pokemon with whatever IVs, because I don't know. Preferably a video, but written format can be just as good. Something that says, "Hey, OPEN RNG reporter, click this button, type in this, then hit OK and that'll tell you what seed you need! Now to hit that seed do this..."

Sorry if this is out of place. Or stupid.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
take a look at Bearsfan videos they are listed on the first page and in his sig if you've seen him post elsewhere.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Ok, so is there a step-by-step guide to RNGing wild Pokemon? I don't mean the kind of guide we have here on Smogon. That's just a bunch of information that I can't understand because it assumes I know what methods are what and what buttons to click to figure out the seed I need to encounter a wild Pokemon with whatever IVs, because I don't know. Preferably a video, but written format can be just as good. Something that says, "Hey, OPEN RNG reporter, click this button, type in this, then hit OK and that'll tell you what seed you need! Now to hit that seed do this..."

Sorry if this is out of place. Or stupid.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821980&postcount=7

Youtube vids :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2751946&postcount=7

RNGing noob guides, by Riski. Much more user friendly than the guides in this thread.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I hate those YouTube videos I cannot follow them because I have no idea how to find a seed.

While the legendary capture guide is nice, what about normal Pokemon? What if I want to capture a ditto or a magnemite?
Normal Pokemon capturing is not so different to catching a legendary. I could teach you tomorrow or something cause I have to go now, but trust me when I say if you can RNG legendaries, you can RNG normal Pokemon.

I've always wondered, what are Methods 1, 2, 3, and J used for?
dunno about the first 3, but Method J is used for all DPPt Wild Pokemon PID generations

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've always wondered, what are Methods 1, 2, 3, and J used for?
Method 1 is used for the generation of all 4th gen pokemon, though wild pokemon/legendaries use variants of method 1 (J for DPPt, K for HGSS)

Methods 2, 3, and 4 are used for the generation of wild pokemon in Generation 3

Hope that helps :)

Normal Pokemon capturing is not so different to catching a legendary. I could teach you tomorrow or something cause I have to go now, but trust me when I say if you can RNG legendaries, you can RNG normal Pokemon.
Ok. I just want to capture normal Pokemon; legendaries don't really interest me right now. There are too many on everyone else's trade threads =/ Thanks for your help =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)