1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Riski

Riski

Just checking, but do you already have an egg to get IVs on? Or are you still trying to get the right nature and ability egg?
  2. samster712

samster712

I need help...So i have my shiny egg with the daycare man already set...I have found a seed and the appropriate delay yada yada. However I am using a stop watch. So I do everything im supposed to and it seems like im hitting continue with the correct seconds but when I go to check elm there are no results found...what do i need to do
  3. Riski

Riski

What do you have your adjacent delays set to and your adjacent seconds? You may not have a wide enough range to find where you landed.
  4. samster712

samster712

+/- 10 delay +/- 0 seconds
  5. Riski

Riski

Put everything higher. Go to +/- 99 for delays and +/- 5 seconds.
  6. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

I'm trying to get a good nature and the right ability, but you have to just get lucky for those, right?
  7. Riski

Riski

No, you can RNG those. You might find my shiny egg guide helpful. There's a section in it for non-shiny eggs as well.
  8. Shawk

Shawk

Just want to be 100% sure since I'm helping someone out with this, what's the Enigma Lati@s' monster frame?
  9. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

it's one but as soon as you have finished your frame advancements you have to interact with it or else the NPCs in pewter city will mess it up.
  10. Shawk

Shawk

Sorry for late reply, thanks nexus.
  11. samster712

samster712

i have a question so im doing rng...how do i know how off i am: the seed i hit was 630D01F3
    the seed i wanted was:640D01F8
  12. zack

zack

Which game are you playing. If DPPt right click your wanted seed and left click generate adjacent result. Set how far the range will be and it will list seeds that are near your target.For HG/SS do the same thing but do it with the Seed to Time. Riski's guide is really helpful so take a look at it.
  13. samster712

samster712

no i mean i know its near my target i just can't tell how far away it is...with seconds and everything
  14. Riski

Riski

Are you using seeds to time on RNG reporter to verify where you are landing?
  15. samster712

samster712

ok actually i found out i was at 13 seconds instead of 14 seconds and 500 instead of 494 so if my seconds are wrong i need to find a new seed right?
  16. Riski

Riski

No you do not need a new seed. You put your DS minutes to one minute later than you were using on the last try and you try again.
  17. Moomoswine

Moomoswine

I'm soft resetting for egg IVs in Platinum. If I decide to do it more, will I have to calibrate for the frame every time I try for egg IVs?
  18. Riski

Riski

Every time you save in front of the Daycare man while he holds an egg, you have to calibrate the starting frame all over again.
  19. EFerCor

EFerCor

how can i figure out my SID if i havent catch a shiny poke?
  20. Riski

Riski

Go to the Simple Requests thread and ask for helping finding your SID. It'll be done with an AR.
  21. Signum

Signum

That would be nice.. I should put in a request too.

Btw... don't you hate it when Pikatimer is faster than your DS' internal clock? Really messes up the timing.
  22. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

How is this possible? I dont use pikatimer anymore(Too complicated for me). Are you saying that your pikatimer moves faster than an ordinary clock or your ds is timer is naturally slower?
  23. zack

zack

Mine is usually 11 seconds off so I use it to make a timer than stick it into Emloop. Takes time but it works.
  24. Signum

Signum

DS Clock is naturally slower (or pikatimer is naturally faster) UNLESS I run some programs in the background on my computer then they sorta sync up.

I just RNG'd a 31/30/31/31/30/31 Female Bold Feebas while Warcraft III was running in the background (it made my PikaTimer sync with my DS Time lol)

And I think what I said earlier about the international parents messing things up is true.

If you have parents from the same game, just enter your ID into the box and you should get seeds relevant to your game. However if you have an international parent like Syberia's ditto, you must clear out the ID box otherwise it will mess up your seeds when RNG'ng for the Gender/Nature/Ability.
  25. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Does it seem to anyone else like some delays are easier or more difficult to hit than others, even if they're very close by? I'm going after a WonderCard spread on Platinum that requires me to hit a delay of 2698, and even after adjusting the timer back and forth several times, I find myself frequently hitting 2694, 2696, 2670, and 2672, and very seldom hit my target of 2698.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)