1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

I guess it makes sense because International parents has a higher chance of giving you a shiny spread. It doesnt make sense if it just gives you the same PID's for an egg.
  2. Osostewie

Osostewie

the times that you are one off, dont adjust because that means you have to perfectly replicate when you pushed A so just give yourself some leeway and it should work out eventually
  3. Jordan14

Jordan14

1. Are there spreads that can be only be generated on certain years?
    2. Can rng reporter find spreads that pokerng cant and vice versa?
  4. Osostewie

Osostewie

the year only changes the delay from even to odd and odd to even and pokeRNG and RNG Reporter probably run off the same algorithim so probably not but it doesnt hurt to check em both, just get PokeRNG searching and then deal with RNG Reporter.
  5. Jordan14

Jordan14

k. thanks
  6. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

I'm probably misreading the obvious, but I want to make sure, because it took some time to hit my delay:
    Will rejecting an egg in HGSS make the next egg be the next frame egg? My target frame is 2, so if I reject one, the next one will be the correct one, right? (I'm at the shiny/nature/ability stage)
    EDIT: NVM, I think it's clear enough; I'll just go do it.
  7. blackwhite

blackwhite

how much time is rod's delay?
    I want a shiny feebas U_U
  8. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

The only extra thing you need to know for that is the starting frame for fished Pokémon, 4, and that the frame advances by 1 if you don't get a nibble.
  9. blackwhite

blackwhite

thanks! ;)
    and...for the sandstorm?in the desert,frames are faster?
  10. Jordan14

Jordan14

does frame advancement work the same way in water that it does in grass? like if i take a step in the water, does it advance the frame by 1?
  11. reklaw_vahn

reklaw_vahn

Rejecting the egg will allow you to "move to the next frame"...in reality what you see in the RNG reporter aren't frames. They are just the number of eggs you need to reject/accept to get to your shiny. If it says six you have to reject/accept the first five and then the very next one is the shiny with the nature/ability/gender you were looking for.
  12. Signum

Signum

I just learned something today... Running Warcraft III in the background makes my Pikatimer perfectly sync with my DS Time letting me hit my delays like they were nothing. RNG has become a lot easier now LOL.
  13. muffinhead

muffinhead b202 wifi vgc
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I am trying to breed a yanma that is modest, has ability 0 (speed boost), is a female, has 31/31/31/30/30/31 IVs, and is shiny. I clicked DPPt Egg PID (Normal) and generated spreads. None of these spreads had the right nature, ability, and gender. Do I have to keep resetting until I get a seed that can give me a shiny egg with the right nature, ability, and gender?
  14. blackwing_zero

blackwing_zero

ahh muffinhead, use timefinder~
  15. ninja_kitty143

ninja_kitty143

So my friend gave me her Diamond version. How do I get a good ID/SID for good shiny legendaries?
  16. CPrime

CPrime

Read through Romsstar's post on the first page of this thread.
  17. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

Start the game over and abuse it
  18. ninja_kitty143

ninja_kitty143

I can't follow that because I don't know how to use the Seed Finder and he assumes I do =/

No shit sherlock. You don't say.
  19. graymonkey0

graymonkey0

Ok dude, someone's salty, chill out man
  20. Osostewie

Osostewie

Figure it out yourself, no one wants to help a smartass.

@Graymonkey0: dont worry about her, just pretend you never saw this post. If she wants help, she can be nice about it.

Im going to RNG a shiny sudowoodu and do i get the frames before or after i water it?
  21. CPrime

CPrime

Ninja Kitty, all you need is Pandora's Box, which is part of RNG Reporter. I abused my ID/SID and didn't use Seed Finder once...
    Osostewie, since watering it starts the battle, you should probably advance the frames before.
  22. ninja_kitty143

ninja_kitty143

Look, I'm just upset because time and time again I find out that all of the tutorials here assume you know every detail of which they speak, and how to use every single program they mention. There is nothing for the RNG-retarded like me.

What is Pandora's Box, and how do I use it?
  23. CPrime

CPrime

Click Pandora's Box, it's on the far right side of RNG Reporter. Then, in the left column, put the desired PID in. Set the delay, from 5500 to 6000 is reachable. Click Generate, and it will give you a list of IDs/SIDs that will make that spread shiny. Each ID/SID will also have a seed. Pick one combination and put the seed into the Seed (Hex) box. Click Seed to Time. RNG as usual.
  24. ninja_kitty143

ninja_kitty143

Ok...

1. How do I know what PID I want?
    2. How do I know if I've hit my right delay upon starting the game?
  25. Thats_PM

Thats_PM

Pandora's Box will take you to the picture Romstarr speaks of. It is where you input the desired PID of your choosing to get a good shiny spread ( if using RNG reporter, I'd use IVs to PID section to find a desired PID) Pandora's Box also includes a seed verifier (which is used to see what delay you actually hit).

Anyways, I have a question in the same concerns as hers so yeah, I found my PID needed to get the shiny spread I want, then I checked the list of ID/SID combos that can ake said PID a shiny pokemon. I then tried a couple of ID/SID combos to check if what I did work right, but when I used the time finder I couldn't find any seed for said PID+ shiny+ID/SID combo.
    I'm using this to get a legendary pokemon, so I only searched for method 1 PID, and I marked it as method 1 in the time finder.

I didn't make the delay range and maximum frame too wide because it is REALLY slow when you do so. Also, I am not able to use Wicchu's RNG program because I can't open it after downloading ( and I run a 64 bits PC so there's no NEET framework I can download...)

Any help veryfying my ID/SID combo relly works for getting a specific pokemon or help towards getting Wichu's RNG program would be gladly appreciated ^^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)