1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. domeface

domeface

No they're not. Wild pokes are Method K in HGSS. Roamers and Gift mon are always Method 1. If you don't know the answer, don't reply. It just misleads people.

@joshk_bra: Dratini is Method 1

EDIT: Ninja'd >_>
  2. .com

.com Bah Humbug
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Woops, I was actually thinking method 1, but ended up typing method K.
    Apologies for anyone mislead, I've edited the initial post so people don't get misinformed. Thanks for pointing that out.
  3. acetrainerzx

acetrainerzx

4. Jats605

Jats605

Just so I dont waste my time, when you breed, you can RNG for shiny-ness, save, and RNG again for IV', right?
  5. reklaw_vahn

reklaw_vahn

Yes, you have it right.
  6. Shiny Mew2

Shiny Mew2

Im going to RNG in pokemon SS. Instead of hitting A, could I tap the screen?
  7. CPrime

CPrime

Yeah, but I've found it's much less consistent...
  8. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

I'm trying to hit delay 485 in SS breeding for IVs. I heard that the starting frame in HGSS is almost always 3, but I'm not sure what that means, giving me some uncertainty to whether I'm RNGing correctly. After hours of trying to hit a delay I got easily in calibration, I still haven't hit it, and I'm wondering if maybe I have and I should be reading the Elm responses from a certain point. I have no roamers, and a shiny, correct-natured, correct ability Egg which I am saved in front of.
  9. CPrime

CPrime

If you have no roamers, then your starting frame should be one. I suggest that on every attempt, find a pattern of Elm calls and use that to see what you really hit. For example let's say you call four times and get E E P K. Look for those four letters around your target delay. You could be off by 10, ahead 2 or 3 frames, you never know.
  10. Toothache

Toothache Let the music play!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Is it known when precisely the ID/SID is generated in Diamond/Pearl??
  11. Thats_PM

Thats_PM

^I believe it is said in the first posts of the firt page, if it isn't in Rommstar's post, look at Wild Eep's one.

I have a question about ID/SID too. In pandora's Box, I entered my desired PID + ID + delay range (actually went for infinite).
    I had multiple searchs for multiple IDs with the same. I got two results:
    For PID 3F6A3D8A and ID 33333 (seed/delay/ID/SID) :
    CB0E3906/14598/0/737
    For PID 3F6A3D8A and ID 44444 (seed/delay/ID/SID) :
    CB0E3906/14598/0/737
    As you can see, both are the same results. However, none of them shows the ID I desired...
    So from these results I have 2 questions:
    Does an ID 0, in this case, means that the ID is the one I wanted?
    Why did this result occur? Is there a way of veryfying if it actually works?
  12. Riski

Riski

It's right after you shut down the TV program. So if you want to do a SID RNG on either of those games (and also Platinum), you wait with that TV screen showing and then hit A when your countdown ends.
  13. Osostewie

Osostewie

how do i advance the frames without calling elm? cause im trying to get the sudowoodo and you cant get to kanto without fighting it
  14. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

you can just KO it and it will respawn once you defeat the elite four.
  15. Osostewie

Osostewie

ya but i want it nowwwwww....... lol is there any other way?
  16. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

you could use the radio to do it.
  17. Osostewie

Osostewie

how does it work? and waht about youngster joey? and isnt there another way like calling another person?
  18. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

you could try Irwin calls, by the time you get to face sudowoodo you should have met him, this post explains it http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2650883&postcount=268

Irwin calls function like Elm calls, each call is 1 frame advancement and you can use it to verify your seed.
  19. Osostewie

Osostewie

OK! thanks soooo much! thats exactly what i was looking for! im definatley going to do the irwin calls
  20. Unknown Warrior

Unknown Warrior

So how does RadioSeed work?

I had my delay at 850, on a date of 2:59:50. Now 2 AM is the time Buena's password is on so that's useless to me. This is for roamers at the Elite Four, by the way.
    I heard someone post here before claiming that I can just wait till it's 3 AM and use the RadioSeed. But apparently... not so much.

The seed which I'm confident I've hit (since the roamers matched and I've done the spread various times before) did not display the Pokémon Search Party answers the application generated.
    Better yet, it also failed when I searched 50 delays up and down with +/- 2 seconds.

What the hell is wrong here?

PS: I've got 8 Badges, none of the Kanto ones. If that matters.
  21. Riski

Riski

Radioseed did not work for me when I did my roamers. I trusted my roamer positions instead. But I did use the radio to advance frames. Here are some links:

A response I made on the help forum concerning RNG for roamers on HGSS. And here is the link to the RadioSeed guide, since this info isn't on the first page of the help thread like I thought.
  22. Osostewie

Osostewie

after i pick my seed and everything how do i get RNG reporter to show me all the frames and list for elm/irwin calls?
  23. Riski

Riski

Put the seed into Seed(hex) main window, choose the method, hit generate. :-)
  24. Osostewie

Osostewie

Its because i had the shiny only box on, but sice now i dont but i remember it was frame 514 it will still be shiny if i went to 513 and battled right? Idk why im asking this because i killed the sudo so it would respawn after i beat the elite 4

EDIT: Hey riski!
  25. Wally92

Wally92

so i need to rng my eggs iv's in hgss but after using the pikatimer and calling elm as fast as i can, does the first call need to match the elm call in the frame your aiming for?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)