Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ToastPlusOne: on a side note is this a new version of your timer? I tried it couple weeks ago following a post of yours but it didn't work (calculated a "1st time" of a few seconds) but I like the beep sequences and the fact that it doesnt use windows beeps (drive me crazy since I've had to enable it for pikatimer)
It is. The issue you're talking about has been fixed. I pretty much just made it work for myself at first and assumed everyone else did the same thing I did. The only weird thing it does now is occasionally gives an error when there isn't one. It usually only happens when you use the spacebar to start and it just displays the error, it doesn't actually mess anything up.

It's the kid at the bottom. He turns.

There has to be something else that goes on too though. I've entered the game on frame 4 before. This isn't explained by 1 NPC in the fraction of a second before I open the menu.
Gah. This kid drove me crazy.

Yes the NPC moves, but quite slowly so it doesnt advance the frame MOST of the time.
But I believe it depends on your save state. If the NPC was just about to move when you saved, then I believe it will be more likely to advance the frame before you grab the egg. Well at least that's what I've noticed and what I believe.
But as it is the only one and it's moving rather slowly (at least compared to NPCs in some pokemarts or even the ones on the daycare route in DPPt), it doesnt happen quite often.
Happened to me a couple times over a hundred RNG breeding on SS.
Thanks for the clarification. Even though the NPC is not on my screen, if he/she moves, it will still advance the frame, correct? Because we're in the same route/city/floor/building?

@ToastPlusOne: on a side note is this a new version of your timer? I tried it couple weeks ago following a post of yours but it didn't work (calculated a "1st time" of a few seconds) but I like the beep sequences and the fact that it doesnt use windows beeps (drive me crazy since I've had to enable it for pikatimer)
Yep, I also like Toast's timer, only I couldn't adjust it, so I used Pikatimer.
I do adjust my 1st timer by subtracting 0.6s and adding it to the second timer because I'm using a DSi, which has a delay in loading games unlike the regular DS.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yep, I also like Toast's timer, only I couldn't adjust it, so I used Pikatimer.
I do adjust my 1st timer by subtracting 0.6s and adding it to the second timer because I'm using a DSi, which has a delay in loading games unlike the regular DS.
You should be able to just adjust your calibrated seconds/delay to make up for that. Subtract 36 from your calibrated delay and you'll get the same result.

You guys should've let me know you were having issues. I like getting feedback.. good or bad. Helps me to make it better.

Since 1 second is 60 delays, so 0.6 seconds will be 36 delays. I didn't think of that >.>
Thanks for the tip, got your updated timer.

How many frames does using a Super Rod advance in HG?

Edit: Never mind. I found out it was 4. Though now I'm wondering why I encountered a Poliwag instead of a Remoraid? Anyone knows?

Hey guys, I'm on the "Shiny Egg" phase of RNG'ing a breed on HG/SS. I have a relatively low frame of 14 (very specific results as far as ability caused the searches to shorten). I've tried hitting even frames before, to no avail. What do I need to do specifically?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Miilanda,
We'd need more information on Seed, Frame, Date, Time, Synchroniser, etc. In order to answer why you saw Poliwag instead of Remoraid.

@Teespice,
For the given Shiny Egg frame of 14, you need to verify your seed, and then make 6 Youngster Joey calls, and then deposit your pokes.
Then cycle around until an egg is at the daycare, and decline it (or take it if you like), and then cycle around until a second egg is at the daycare. Save in front of the man this time, this should be your egg.

Ahh, the decline part is where I've always messed up :P

When I reject the egg that advances it once more, correct, which is why I only advance to 12 w/ Joey.

Toast++

When I reject the egg that advances it once more, correct, which is why I only advance to 12 w/ Joey.
Well.. to 13 actually but that's probably what you meant. But why didn't you just get a lower egg frame? I almost always find them on frame 1. It would also probably be quicker if you stick with odd frames, that way you don't have to decline any.

@Teespice,
For the given Shiny Egg frame of 14, you need to verify your seed, and then make 6 Youngster Joey calls, and then deposit your pokes.
Then cycle around until an egg is at the daycare, and decline it (or take it if you like), and then cycle around until a second egg is at the daycare. Save in front of the man this time, this should be your egg.
I thought depositing parents on day-care didn't need an exact frame as long as you hit your seed, and verify your elm calls? I didn't verify my elm calls to the 10th response if the first 6~8 elm responses are already correct. If he is on frame 14, he has to reject/accept 13 eggs. I always go for a frame of 1,2, or 3.

Since you have the Shiny Egg frame of 14, reject/accept 13 eggs. Save in front of the DC Man if you're on Egg # 14. I strongly suggest to go for frame 1 in Shiny Eggs so you could have your shiny eggs on Egg # 1.

Well.. to 13 actually but that's probably what you meant. But why didn't you just get a lower egg frame? I almost always find them on frame 1. It would also probably be quicker if you stick with odd frames, that way you don't have to decline any.
Even on frame 3? I thought I have to decline/accept the first 2 eggs then get the 3rd egg as the Shiny Egg?

I thought depositing parents on day-care didn't need an exact frame as long as you hit your seed, and verify your elm calls? I didn't verify my elm calls to the 10th response if the first 6~8 elm responses are already correct. If he is on frame 14, he has to reject/accept 13 eggs. I always go for a frame of 1,2, or 3.

Elm responses have no affect on shiny eggs. But Joey calls do. They negate the fact that you have to shift through eggs. When an egg is generated it advances the shiny egg frame by 1, as you've already noticed. But Joey does the same thing just makes life easier for you. 1 Joey call = 2 frames advanced. So if it's on frame 13, call joey 6 times. Makes that egg frame 12, than once the egg is generated it'll be on 13, which is what you were aiming for.

Since you have the Shiny Egg frame of 14, reject/accept 13 eggs. Save in front of the DC Man if you're on Egg # 14. I strongly suggest to go for frame 1 in Shiny Eggs so you could have your shiny eggs on Egg # 1.

Or could you use Joey instead of generating than denying/accepting the egg.

Even on frame 3? I thought I have to decline/accept the first 2 eggs then get the 3rd egg as the Shiny Egg?
Nope just 1 Joey call, put parents in, than when the egg is ready to be picked up save in front, and it'll be your shiny egg

Looooooooooooool. Damn, I didn't know that. Good thing I always go for frame 1. I stand corrected.

But if Joey is asking for battle, does it still advance the frame by 2?? Or he should just talk about his top-percentage rattata?

Looooooooooooool. Damn, I didn't know that. Good thing I always go for frame 1. I stand corrected.

But if Joey is asking for battle, does it still advance the frame by 2?? Or he should just talk about his top-percentage rattata?
Some people say that he has to stop asking for a battle to advance, but I've done every RNG breed with him telling me to battle him. And it's advanced fine, so I suppose just test it yourself.

I can confirm that, based on my experience, calling Joey when he wants to battle was inconsistent. Many times it seemed like 1 frame advancement, sometimes it was none at all. Personally, I just battle Joey to get it over with, and that way every call is always 2 frame advancements for everyone.

Regardless of what he says, except battling, Joey calls advances the frame by 2?
Well as far as I know, he only talks about his Rattata, and that's 2 frame advancements. The only change in dialogue that I noticed was the time of day at which you call him. Meaning, if my seed is at 20:30 (night time), he'll say "Good evening Ragnar!", and if it's 9:30 (morning) he'll say "Good morning Ragnar!", but this makes no difference to frame advancement.

Again, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, he only talks about the Ratatta. For every Poke that I've RNG'd so far, it's always the Rattata, and nothing else.

Regardless of what he says, except battling, Joey calls advances the frame by 2?
Yeah, but it really all depends on your game I do believe. As Ragnar just expressed it didn't stay consistent for him, but for me it's always advancing by 2, and never has it stopped.
So if you'd like you can try and see if it advances correctly when he wants to battle, and see if it stays that way, or you can just make sure to avoid his battling day.

Edit: 수영 > All. Including Chicago?

Ok, I was trying to RNG anything in tall grass, but shiny. As a test. Using pikatimer I hit the exact second I needed to, and my delay was off by 1.

Instead of 50 and 608, I got 50 and 607. But Im not getting what should show up. Do I need to hit the exact delay? Or just the second. being off by 1/60th of a second and all, Im hoping thats not the problem. Im using default pikatimer settings. 600 and 14 for calibrated delay/seconds.

Ok, I was trying to RNG anything in tall grass, but shiny. As a test. Using pikatimer I hit the exact second I needed to, and my delay was off by 1.

Instead of 50 and 608, I got 50 and 607. But Im not getting what should show up. Do I need to hit the exact delay? Or just the second. being off by 1/60th of a second and all, Im hoping thats not the problem. Im using default pikatimer settings. 600 and 14 for calibrated delay/seconds.
Since you're hitting odds delays, you need to change the year (the year of the seed. So if you're trying to hit year 2010 for delay 608, you'd need to change it 2011 for delay 607).

Toast++

Yes, you need to hit the exact delay. Your probably hitting only odd. If you have an original DS, insert a gen 3 game (or remove if you already have one in) or if you have a dsi, move your up one, this will change your target to 607.

Edit: beat to it, slow typing on my phone :(

Woohoo, I did it. Shiny wild banette. Now I just have to redo that for the thing I wanted. Thanks = )

For the record, it was the fact I had sapphire in my DS as well that was throwing off my delay.

Edit: Now this raises another question.

Im trying to RNG a magnemite. Specific hidden Power and decent IVs.
Is it possible to get this goal without hitting a specific delay? Im having trouble hitting the right delay. It keeps giving me the wrong nature/ability/IVs. Breeding for nature/shiny was much easier =p

you can call oak or irwin, which advance the frame by 1, easier and faster than rejecting eggs imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)