Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've been having some trouble downloading Wichu's PokeRNG.
I recently bought a new computer, so I thought it was about time that I get back to RNGing.

When I try to open the Reporter after downloading it, my comp asks me which program I want to use to open the file.

I know this isn't right. It didn't save as an application, or a .exe, or whatever. I'm not very tech savy which makes it difficult for me to understand or explain what's going on.

If anyone can provide some insight to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Derp, that was stupid. I just redownloaded the file and added ".exe" to the end of the file name when I saved it and it worked. Go figure.

Hi
In the latest RNG Reporter (8.31), what does the 'HGSS inheritance' box in the time finder do?

Also, does the higher the delay in the seed to time finder mean its better? or is there not really much difference.

Thanks in advance

Hi
In the latest RNG Reporter (8.31), what does the 'HGSS inheritance' box in the time finder do?

Also, does the higher the delay in the seed to time finder mean its better? or is there not really much difference.

Thanks in advance
Egg IVs are transfered from the parents differently in HGSS than in DPPt. Checking that box indicates to the reporter that you are using HeartGold or SoulSilver and calculates the IVs accordingly.

Delay: How long from when the game is started or SRed to when you enter the game world. 1 second=60 delays. The higher the delay, the longer you have to wait at the continue screen before entering the game world.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
How can I advance frames when I'm in the Whirl Islands? When I try to call Elm in front of Lugia, it says That number is out of the area. No what?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How can I advance frames when I'm in the Whirl Islands? When I try to call Elm in front of Lugia, it says That number is out of the area. No what?
Walking 128 steps advances the frame by the number of Pokemon in your party. That's how people have been doing it.

When I am RNGing for IV's for my egg the Elm calls are always 2 ahead of what it shows me on the time finder. Is this due to an npc advancing my frame? Even when I go straight to the pokegear as fast as possible the frame is always 2 ahead of what the time finder says it should start on. My frame I need to hit is 8 so I tried to account for the 2 ahead by only advancing five and then talking to the daycare man but I ended up getting the wrong IV's. Also, the delays I have been hitting were off by like 20 for the first shot and I had to account for it with pikatimer. Usually I'm not off by that much but when trying to RNG for egg IV's my delay is always off by a lot in the beggining. Am I doing something wrong?

Delays are based on your own consistency, so there's nothing wrong with that. It's yours or pikatimer's fault, XD. Try ToastPlusOne's timer ^^ It's better imo

And are you accounting for roamers advancements? If it's always advancing 2 ahead, then it sound slike you have 2roamers still left on the map :)

I caught all the roamers so there's no way that could be affecting my frames :(. This is so frustrating. I have no idea why my frames are always 2 ahead Dx. The delay problem is probably lag from using pikatimer with other programs running though. Could it be a problem with the seed I'm using or something? Or the seed I used for the nature and ability?

I'm still having a problem with my frames when RNG breeding for IV's. It doesn't happen when I RNG stationary pokemon though. I caught all the roamers and I enter the pokegear as fast as possible so how come every time I check my elm calls they are 2 frames ahead?

Scratch what I wrote up there ^^^^
I tried saving at a different point in time and it ended up fixing the problem. I guess I just saved at the worst possible moment the previous time. :P

Finally RNG'ing in almost 2 months! Anyway, I'm RNG'ing Suicune on HGSS. I just hit my delay, and verified with my roamers. The frame I'm trying to hit is 181. So, does it work like this 181-Suicune's monster frame-3 frames (For my three Roamers) = 177 Elm Calls?

Thanks!

*Edit*
I went ahead with the Elm calls and such. Kept track with RNG reporter's main screen. I'm now on frame 180, and the frame I want it 181. Now I talk to Suicune?
*Another Edit*
Went ahead with battling Suicune xD It all worked out :P

How on earth is HG/SS easier to RNG Abuse on? If I mess up one more time on those god damn radio tunes I'm going to scream. Then, when you're going to KO the roamer so you can attempt to RNG Abuse him again, that takes another 45 minutes. Not to mention the 30 minutes it takes to check his stats.

I'm going back to Platinum after this. :\

OK, I call shenanigans. I've done this 3 times. I'm trying to get a timid Raikou with HP Grass. I have a seed picked out. The spread I want is on frame 110, and I have 2 roamers. So I did 107 radio tunes. Now, I understand messing up once or twice. . . but I've gotten the same spread 3 times now. The one on frame 112 of my seed. Is it because my time was at 23:59:01, and I waited a minute for it to be the next day so Buena's Password wouldn't be playing?

I'm.having the same Problem.sometimes, maybe when a different show replaces buena's show,it advances the frame by 2?? So like: buena's show ->search pkm=2frame advance

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Where do I go to see if the file ends in .jar?
It's PokeRNG, not JavaRNG. PokeRNG is a .exe

You're running Windows, right?
Right click, select properties and make sure it says application(.exe), it's toward the top. If it doesn't, I'd recommend redownloading just in case it didn't download correctly the first time. You could also rename it pokeRNG.exe and that should fix it.

How on earth is HG/SS easier to RNG Abuse on? If I mess up one more time on those god damn radio tunes I'm going to scream. Then, when you're going to KO the roamer so you can attempt to RNG Abuse him again, that takes another 45 minutes. Not to mention the 30 minutes it takes to check his stats.

I'm going back to Platinum after this. :\

OK, I call shenanigans. I've done this 3 times. I'm trying to get a timid Raikou with HP Grass. I have a seed picked out. The spread I want is on frame 110, and I have 2 roamers. So I did 107 radio tunes. Now, I understand messing up once or twice. . . but I've gotten the same spread 3 times now. The one on frame 112 of my seed. Is it because my time was at 23:59:01, and I waited a minute for it to be the next day so Buena's Password wouldn't be playing?
Ok
1. You are rng raikou at Lance room correct? Edit You're also using roaming method correct?
2. I need your seed, also is it shiny or nonshiny?
If shiny, I will need your id/sid
3.If you answer yes for #1, what were the location of Entei and Lati@s when you save?
4. Yes, sometimes when the day pass, the rng may advance.

Once you reply I will be back as soon as I can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)