Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hiii, can anyone explain why when i find a seed in pandoras box it has a delay of 5315 but then when i use the that seed in the seed to time tab the delay then changes to 5305? :/

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hiii, can anyone explain why when i find a seed in pandoras box it has a delay of 5315 but then when i use the that seed in the seed to time tab the delay then changes to 5305? :/
I think Pandora's box automatically uses the year as 2000. This will make the delay 10 off of what it would be in 2010. Just do what the seed to time window says.

Edit: It appears that this is incorrect since it asks for the year. Regardless, it should work fine.

.com thanks
That makes sense now
But I'm doing wild pokemon, wouldn't that be method J?
Method K is for stationary pkmn no?
Well I'll use elm calls to make sure im on the right track :D

Having a hard time hitting my seed for some good ole Platinum ID/SID abuse. Is there a way to check adjacents within RNG reporter using the ID that I received instead of the one I'm aiming for?

To clarify, I'm hitting A on the screen that looks like a TV with all the Pokemon story stuffs, yes?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Having a hard time hitting my seed for some good ole Platinum ID/SID abuse. Is there a way to check adjacents within RNG reporter using the ID that I received instead of the one I'm aiming for?

To clarify, I'm hitting A on the screen that looks like a TV with all the Pokemon story stuffs, yes?
You can use column 3 of Pandora's box for that, I believe.

Hey, this was probably mentioned before, but, how do I RNG the event lati@s? Do I have to do the frame advancements / reset time BEFORE talking to steven and the fossil expert at pewter city or can I just save directly in front of the stationary lati@s?

Toast++

What can i use to look for a spread for rnging my id because i dont have an ID/SID
Umm.. if I understand your question correctly, use Pandora's Box on RNG Reporter.

Hey, this was probably mentioned before, but, how do I RNG the event lati@s? Do I have to do the frame advancements / reset time BEFORE talking to steven and the fossil expert at pewter city or can I just save directly in front of the stationary lati@s?
Save in front of it. Same as any standing legend.

Ninja'd on both accounts.

Weird dilemma in abusing for latios at fan club:

Target frame is 42.

I use the roamer method to verify my seed, and advance 14 frames initially w/ Oak's poketalk. I always start advancing the frame by 1 after Oak's poketalk after frame 16 (raikou+entei+14 frames from oak's talk) using Irwin to make sure that I am on the correct seed and frame.

Now here's the weird part. I stop advancing frames up to frame 34 in case NPCs cause an 8 frame advance. I end up hitting frame 40, meaning 6 frames are advanced from NPCs. No problem, next time I hit my seed, I'll just advance up to frame 36. I end up hitting frame 44.

I've done this a few times, where at frame 34, NPCs cause an advancement of 6 frames, but at frame 36, NPCs cause an advancement of 8 frames, meaning I'm never able to hit my target of frame 42. I thought NPC frame movement was indifferent to the frame you're at, but the same amount in the same seed. What am I missing here?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think the main thing you're missing is that NPC movement isn't independant to the frame you're on.

However if you use that one where you hit frame 40, and just take say half a second extra before exiting the fanclub chances are the NPCs will advance a few frames for you. Just do some trial and error using the one that gives you Frame 40 (waiting different lengths of time before leaving), and you'll eventually get it ;)

I'm trying to catch an Elekid at the Valley Windoworks, but everytime I hit my seed and advance the frame the required number of times, I run into Shellos rather than Elekid. Edit: This has happened twice only, but I don't want to waste my time if the same thing keeps happening.

How can two different pokemon at the same location have the same encounter slots (e.g. Elekid and Shellos at the Valley WindWorks)?

Toast++

I'm trying to catch an Elekid at the Valley Windoworks, but everytime I hit my seed and advance the frame the required number of times, I run into Shellos rather than Elekid.

How can two different pokemon at the same location have the same encounter slots (e.g. Elekid and Shellos at the Valley WindWorks)?
You have to have a FireRed game in the second slot for Elekid to appear.

Have you checked the IVs of the Shellos to see what frame it was on? And maybe the encounter slot for that frame is Shellos and not Elekid? :P

EDIT: Or what toastPlusOne said, XD.

You have to have a FireRed game in the second slot for Elekid to appear.
Trust me, it's been in the GBA slot both times.
Have you checked the IVs of the Shellos to see what frame it was on? And maybe the encounter slot for that frame is Shellos and not Elekid? :P

EDIT: Or what toastPlusOne said, XD.
Yes, they turned out to be the correct IVs (31/31/31/x/31/31), nature, and shinyness, but the wrong pokemon. The only possible frame is 18, which is the same as Elekid, according to RNG Reporter, but I'll double check first.

Edit: the only other frame with Shellos is 34, but I know for sure I didn't advance it that many times and there are no NPCs at the Valley WindWorks [as far as I know].

Klutch: I'm not sure then...lol. Hopefully someone else can solve your problem :(

MeGaMaN X:

PID: 817efc76 (BOLD, ability 0) 30/18/31/30/31/30 (Seed: 220b053b Method 1: 57, J (synch): 14, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 4, K (no synch): None) HP FIRE 70

PID: e4f44b17 (BOLD, ability 1) 30/31/30/30/31/30 (Seed: 7f060bd6 Method 1: 257, J (synch): 48, J (no synch): 80, K (synch): 46, K (no synch): 164) HP FIRE 70

Nailed my first CP on diamond, it was fairly quick, barring the fact that the catch rate of 3 was hard to put inside the measly pokeball. Im going to do mesprit and cresselia, is it the same. how i stand in front of cresselia, then rng from there, and when i release it, it'll have the ivs i want when the coin flips match, and i made the necessary journal flips right?

Nailed my first CP on diamond, it was fairly quick, barring the fact that the catch rate of 3 was hard to put inside the measly pokeball. Im going to do mesprit and cresselia, is it the same. how i stand in front of cresselia, then rng from there, and when i release it, it'll have the ivs i want when the coin flips match, and i made the necessary journal flips right?
Yes. Cresselia and Mesprit are Method 1 with monster frame 5. No syncher needed.

Yes. Cresselia and Mesprit are Method 1 with monster frame 5. No syncher needed.
so i just subtract the monster frame from my target, divide by two again to get the no. of flips, and ill not subtract the no of roamers since i haven't released them when im still talking to them (duh) right? and when all is successful, when i catch them in whatever route they are, they'll generate the right natures and ivs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)