Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Eontimer sucks for me it has you all over the place in platinum ,zomgtimer is the bomb :)
It works perfectly for me in HGSS and I imagine it would do the same for me in Pt (I'm planning to abuse my ID/SID in my Pt soon :P). I think it's easier to use than ZOMGtimer. ;)

Is Starter Abuse on a cart on Platinum impossible, or can it be done? If it can be done, what's the process? And does each starter have a specific starting frame? What's the recommended target frame?

I'm going to abuse for a Timid and Modest HP Grass spread and I'd love to RNG my Piplup starter with it, but I'm afraid the Method 1 frame is a bit high (41) so I wanted to make sure of the process before I tried. If that frame is too high I'd still like to RNG for IVs.

This is all if Platinum starter abuse is possible on a game cartridge. If not... boo :(

Is Starter Abuse on a cart on Platinum impossible, or can it be done? If it can be done, what's the process? And does each starter have a specific starting frame? What's the recommended target frame?

I'm going to abuse for a Timid and Modest HP Grass spread and I'd love to RNG my Piplup starter with it, but I'm afraid the Method 1 frame is a bit high (41) so I wanted to make sure of the process before I tried. If that frame is too high I'd still like to RNG for IVs.

This is all if Platinum starter abuse is possible on a game cartridge. If not... boo :(
It is possible, but you have no clue how difficult it is. There are 2-3 NPCs that advance the frame at anywhere between 4-22 frame per second. No way to make them stop.

Each starter has a frame of 1. Doesn't change between them.

It is possible, but you have no clue how difficult it is. There are 2-3 NPCs that advance the frame at anywhere between 4-22 frame per second. No way to make them stop.

Each starter has a frame of 1. Doesn't change between them.
4-22? :o That's a lot... I guess it's luck based, then. I'll attempt it :P

But I've run into a different problem. Idk why, but abusing my Platinum ID/SID is just not working. I keep hitting odd AND even delays and I have no idea why. I tried using a different time and multiple different years but I still haven't hit my target delay. Should I try a different date rather than just a different time? Or maybe I'll just have to somehow hit my delay :P

4-22? :o That's a lot... I guess it's luck based, then. I'll attempt it :P

But I've run into a different problem. Idk why, but abusing my Platinum ID/SID is just not working. I keep hitting odd AND even delays and I have no idea why. I tried using a different time and multiple different years but I still haven't hit my target delay. Should I try a different date rather than just a different time? Or maybe I'll just have to somehow hit my delay :P
It is super difficult to get without an emulator. As you don't have access to a delay check, a frame check, or a way to advance the frame except via NPC.

Try using a completely different date.

It is super difficult to get without an emulator. As you don't have access to a delay check, a frame check, or a way to advance the frame except via NPC.

Try using a completely different date.
I can check my delay by checking the IVs of the starter (via AR) but other than that it's not in my control. It seems similar to HGSS starter abuse (Which I have done and succeeded at, but it was completely due to luck). I'll try my luck :)

Ok, I'll try that now.

I can check my delay by checking the IVs of the starter (via AR) but other than that it's not in my control. It seems similar to HGSS starter abuse (Which I have done and succeeded at, but it was completely due to luck). I'll try my luck :)

Ok, I'll try that now.
Well, there is that, but it takes a lot longer than Coin Flip :P

If it doesn't work tell me, and I'll try to figure out what's going down.

What is the best Unova Pokémon Center to WonderCard RNG?

EDIT: @Hozu: I was suspecting it, but it's better to get this info confirmed. Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but does the current version (9.81) or 8.31 versions of the RNG reporter work with emerald?
As far as I know they both work. I'm not completely positive, though.

Edit: 1K post yay. Lol my post count is just going to go down again when the DMP/SQSR are deleted, but oh well :P

Alright, I'm sadly in a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to RNG my starter in Pt. and my target frame is 41.

I keep consistently hitting frame 39 after about 4 or 5 seconds of waiting (I wait for my rival to turn, once he does I know I hit 39). But if I try waiting any longer after my rival moves, the frames jumps past 41. Is there any possible way to advance the frame without NPCs? Does saving work? Would interacting with one of the NPCs change the frame advancement pattern? I'm asking for anything that would help me reach my target frame.

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. WZ's white man luck was not enough. xD

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Alright, I'm sadly in a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to RNG my starter in Pt. and my target frame is 41.

I keep consistently hitting frame 39 after about 4 or 5 seconds of waiting (I wait for my rival to turn, once he does I know I hit 39). But if I try waiting any longer after my rival moves, the frames jumps past 41. Is there any possible way to advance the frame without NPCs? Does saving work? Would interacting with one of the NPCs change the frame advancement pattern? I'm asking for anything that would help me reach my target frame.

I believe you can advance the frame by walking around in the grass, but I don't think you can do that :/

I'm not sure, but saving again might get you to your target. As in, the NPCs moving differently, thus probably aiming to your target spread.

The grass won't work as you can' walk on it before that event.

I believe you can advance the frame by walking around in the grass, but I don't think you can do that :/
Yeah, I can't get to the grass since Barry won't let me >.>

I'm not sure, but saving again might get you to your target. As in, the NPCs moving differently, thus probably aiming to your target spread.
Thanks for the tip! I forgot that resaving changes NPCs starting positions and their advancement pattern. I just hit my delay and landed on frame 46... so I hope interacting with the suitcase 1 second or half a second earlier will land me on 41. But I kind of doubt it since the NPCs advance by a lot more than 5 in one second.

So I might just have to keep resaving :/ Thanks again :)

Edit: I wonder if picking a starter from the suitcase and then press "No" advances the frame. I highly doubt it but seriously I'm willing to test anything right now xD

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'm trying to RNG for Articuno in Platinum but for some reason I'm having issues. My spread is on frame 163, and Articuno is in frame 11. I do 76 Journal flips and I get Articuno on frame 164 but when I do 73 flips + 128 steps w/ 5 pokemon I get it on frame 162. 74 flips + 4 pokemon still gave frame 164. What gives?

Ok I'm trying to RNG for Articuno in Platinum but for some reason I'm having issues. My spread is on frame 163, and Articuno is in frame 11. I do 76 Journal flips and I get Articuno on frame 164 but when I do 73 flips + 128 steps w/ 5 pokemon I get it on frame 162. 74 flips + 4 pokemon still gave frame 164. What gives?
am assuming you are using method 1,and have you captured any of the birds yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)