Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Not yet, but doing it later when i have found a good seed :d And new small question, did calling Youngster Joey adv both IRNG and normal RNG by 2?
yes, on the condition that Youngster Joey doesn't want a rematch. I suggest you try juggler Irwin, he's just like Prof. elm, only you don't need to go through all those other prerequisites. :) This would be helpful. 8)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In Platinum how would I be able to check my seed with minimal NPC interference? Route 213 to be exact.

Edit: Also I know there's a page or document somewhere that has a list of all the NPCs in Platinum. Can I get a link? Thanks.

You should be able to use the coin flip to check your seed. The NPCs only affect the LCRNG and the coin flips only affect the egg RNG (MTRNG), so the NPCs shouldn't mess with the coin flips at all.

Here's the NPC list for D/P. I'm not sure if there's one specifically for Platinum, but it shouldn't be much different from the D/P list.

Unless your on an emulator there is no way aside from coin flips/PokeRadar(this one only applies for sandstorm).

If emulator you can view the seed through memory viewer(which I'm sure you know).

This is why abuse with NPCs on cart is so difficult. If you are confident in your timing you can calibrate how long it takes you to pull the menu up and sweet scent, and how many frames to account for.

Sorry if this is confusing I'm on my phone and typing is horrible, I'll try and describe it better when I get home.

I reopened my RNG Reporter after a few months of not using it and whether or not I needed to, I ended up recalibrating my DS parameters. Every time (I've tried ~4 times) it tells me my timer0 is C7B but it was C7C before, and now I'm not able to RNG. I've been trying to RNG the gift Victini and it just wont work at all! Do gift Pokemon start on frame 8? I've tried 1 and 8 but neither have worked anyway. Anyone able to help me out?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I reopened my RNG Reporter after a few months of not using it and whether or not I needed to, I ended up recalibrating my DS parameters. Every time (I've tried ~4 times) it tells me my timer0 is C7B but it was C7C before, and now I'm not able to RNG. I've been trying to RNG the gift Victini and it just wont work at all! Do gift Pokemon start on frame 8? I've tried 1 and 8 but neither have worked anyway. Anyone able to help me out?
- wrong thread lol np

- You're using a black cartridge, and you're expected to always have 2 timer0's. We've noticed that keypresses tend to use the higher timer0 (we don't know why).

- wondercards are their own method and are NOT gift Pokemon

the first few posts (in the the right sticky) and guides onsite/forums explain it well enough :S

Quick Question about catching legends in 3rd gen
To rng legends in 3rd gen, is it still method 1 or method H under stationary?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Thanks Hozu :)

RNG abusing starters

Hey I'm trying to rng a cyndaquil. How can this be done because its hard to calibrate with the low levels and without pokegear to advance the frame?

Hey I'm trying to rng a cyndaquil. How can this be done because its hard to calibrate with the low levels and without pokegear to advance the frame?
i assume you already know how to abuse your id/sid. First, look for a seed with a frame of 5 on method 1. You need to have an AR or any way of checking your ivs early in the game, then plug the exact ivs, and nature on pokerng to verify where you land and adjust accordingly.

i assume you already know how to abuse your id/sid. First, look for a seed with a frame of 5 on method 1. You need to have an AR or any way of checking your ivs early in the game, then plug the exact ivs, and nature on pokerng to verify where you land and adjust accordingly.
Alright thanks! I dont have an ar though, I suppose I could use pokecheck tho and start over? I guess I'll need to learn how to abuse my id, but will abusing the sid be necessary if i dont care about shinys?

I dont have an ar though, I suppose I could use pokecheck tho and start over?
As far as i know (DPP and BW) you can't go on the GTS so early in the game, you have to get some badges, or something else, before you can use Pokecheck
I guess I'll need to learn how to abuse my id, but will abusing the sid be necessary if i dont care about shinys?
That's not true at all, but you need ID&SID abuse only for shinyness

Quick Question about FR/LG abuse, mainly Mewtwo
From what I seen, fr/lg seeds are random in a sequence correct?
If so is there anyway I can hit a specific seed?

Edit:
Ouch, Thanks GoldenBanana

Quick Question about FR/LG abuse, mainly Mewtwo
From what I seen, fr/lg seeds are random in a sequence correct?
If so is there anyway I can hit a specific seed?
It's not random. Its sequential and rolling from 0000 to FFFF, only at really high speeds. You can attempt to hit a specific group of seeds, but for the most part, it's all up to luck.

I remember seeing one time a list of dates (far off, like in the 2040's and dates like that) that if you loaded SS/HG on that date/time up to the second it'd be great IV's. Is this true? And if so could I get that list?

EDIT It is Pokewalker RNG

I'm trying to abuse my ID in Platinum.

id obtained 16352
month 12
day 27
year 2011
hour 21
min 00
min delay 6200
max 6400
and my target delay is 6358
seed I want: 6a1518e1
desired ID: 27772
desired PID for shiny: 46f43bca

Seed finder (pandora's box, gen V is what I'm told to use, but IV won't work either) won't work for me.

I'm trying to abuse my ID in Platinum.

id obtained 16352
month 12
day 27
year 2011
hour 21
min 00
min delay 6200
max 6400
and my target delay is 6358
seed I want: 6a1518e1
desired ID: 27772
desired PID for shiny: 46f43bca

Seed finder (pandora's box, gen V is what I'm told to use, but IV won't work either) won't work for me.
Increase your delay range and you'll find a result (I entered the info you gave me except made the range 6100 to 6800 and got a result). With ID/SID abuse, you're most likely going to be way off your target delay on your first try, even if you already calibrated for captures or breeding. So you'll need to update your timer and use a diff. calibrated delay. I'm just speaking from personal experience, though. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

Anyways, when I made the delay range wider and entered all your info, I got a result. By any chance, is your target second 38 (or close to that)? It says you hit delay 6520 and you hit the second 38.

So you were about 200 off... that's a pretty wide gap :/ Are you sure you're pressing A at the right time when you're attempting to hit your delay? If you are, then try updating with that delay, or try hitting your delay again and see if you get a different result.

Is this a bug in RNG Reporter, or am I doing something wrong?

When searching for international, non-shiny HG/SS egg PIDs, the program seems to generate normal results instead. Shiny eggs work, though.

Time finder results:

Main window results (normal):

Main window results (international):

I'm try to rng raikou in my heart gold,entei and latias are lived and raikou defeated,I'm looking to frame 116 to raikou I'm in front of lance how i need to advance the rng?

sorry for my bad English.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You're in front of Lance now? If so your only option is to use the Radio to advance the frames (unless you really like walking). Select the bottom-right station to advance the frame by one (be sure no radio station is selected when the game is loaded. If it is make it blank then save). Then tune out of the station to no station and select that station again to advance the frame again. The easiest method for me is to hold down on the D-Pad and select the bottom-right station with my stylus after the text completely disappears on the top screen to show that I've tuned out (don't use the actual tuning circle thing, there's a button in the bottom-left corner).

If you weren't in Lance's room yet you could use a Chatot or two with a custom chatter. Yes they work in 4th gen too. Every time you load the summary the RNG advances 1 frame so you can switch between two different Chatots fairly quickly to advance the frames.

If you intend to RNG all the roamers when you confirm that Raikou is RNG'd properly make sure you just leave it roaming (that is catch it, confirm it, then reset w/o saving). Then just faint the next roamer you want and repeat the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)