Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Amazing. My copy of Platinum is the most inconsistent ever when it comes to RNG'ing. Not only can it hit both even and odd delays, but sometimes talking to a stationary legend advances the frame by 1, and sometimes it doesn't. I can confirm this, because I just recently came out of two long battles with an Azelf, with a spread to hit on Frame 62. First I stopped the Chatot advancements on frame 61, and I got the spread on frame 61 instead. Then I advanced it to 62, and I got the one on frame 63.

Wow.

I believe I read that the ARNG (the RNG that controls the PID of WonderCards in 4th gen) advances way too fast to feasibly abuse it, but has it been fully cracked? If so, is there a list of spreads or further info?

Abra Kapocus: Try resaving and retrying...your starting frame may be weird, lol. Hitting both odd and even delays is ok since you can coin flip verification.

Hi i'm going to abuse my id/sid in soulsilver i have read up using a guide by winters zombie however he talks about a xls written by omegadonut which is stated is on first page of this thread but i cant find it. does anyone have a link to it, its supposed to show any possible shiny spreads in the pid group i intend to use.
Quick update i'm still new to rng i'm trying to abuse id/sid in soulsilver and basically i'm using eontimer i haven't really touched the calibrated delay/secs since i first used it to rng wondercards in soulsilver which i was successful at
but i'm after a id/sid with delay 6400 seconds 0 but i keep hitting delay 6399 and seconds 59 now i'm unsure how to alter the eontimer i've only ever slightly updated the delay hit never the seconds part and i'm going round in circles as i'm unsure on how to alter seconds whichever way i do it i never hit 0 seconds its either 59 or 1sec sometimes even 3 secs. can any expert rng'ers point me in right direction i'm sure i tried pressing a slighly before or after last beep but i can never get 0 secs i could come with missing the delay as i'm used to that its just the seconds part i'm stumped on. thanksd

You need to change the year of your DS by one, so you could hit that delay. And you need to be more consistent, and change your Calibrated Seconds up by 1. Then you should be able to do it.

Are the encounter slots for headbutt (HG) still not mapped? I did a quick search and could not find any current information.

Thanks!

Hi just wanted to thank im m3 for help i've finally rng'ed my sid/id in soulsilver id 57870 sid 29757 which means shiny flawless modest/timid method1 method k pokemon. it was a bit of trial and error moving year on by one, did ensure i hit even delays but i've been at it for two hours. I was an idiot as thought i needed to hit 0 second delay when in fact i wanted 59secs no wonder it too so long. I will post my calibration in case it helps anyone i used eontimer calibrated delay 709 calibrated secs 15 target delay 6400 and target second was 56 (it should have been 59secs according to pandoras box so took a while to adjust it correctly) i was a total noob until a few weeks ago so to anyone give it a go as with the fantastic help available in this thread it is achieveable especially if i can do it lol

OK I am trying to help a friend of mine RNG his IDs in HGSS, but we're both finding this error in 9.95.

The error goes away if we delete the 11 from 2011 and just leave it as 20__. Just thought I'd report this bug... thanks :) It works fine in 9.93, which we switched to to try to get this working.

I posted this a while ago and never got a response. This is regarding catching a perfect Ditto in Platinum. ID:13339 SID:16434
So I've found something on encounter slot 5. Do I verify my seed with coin flips? Or will that mess it up? Do I just flip between two captured Pokémon journal pages 42 times to get to frame 86 then use sweet scent and hope I got it? Do I enter the game do coin flips to verify my seed, then do journal flips? Will Ditto always be in slot 5?

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
I'm trying to RNG bred in Ruby.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
egg held frame: 664 Pickup: 1610

How did you verify your seed?
I used the RNG reporter. Input Ivs and nature to check what I hit.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
Sometimes I do hit the Iv frame, but well my major question is if what I'm doing is ok.
On the egg held frame I give the 255th step and egg pick up I pick the egg.
If I'm wrong can anyone explain it to me please?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I posted this a while ago and never got a response. This is regarding catching a perfect Ditto in Platinum. ID:13339 SID:16434
Okay firstly, Ditto cannot be encounter slot 5, only 6 or 7. The way it works is that whatever pokemon Backlot says he found in the Trophy Garden takes the encounter slot of 6. However, the pokemon that showed up the day before would take encounter slot 7. For example, say you go to Backlot and he says he saw a Cleffa or some shit in his garden. You don't care about Cleffa, so you leave and come back the next day. Then Backlot says "OH SHIT I FOUND A DITTO BACK THERE"

Then Cleffa would be encounter slot 7, and Ditto would be 6.

If you wanted to RNG Ditto, then you have to look up a frame that gives you the right encounter slot (either 6 or 7). Verify your seed with coin flips. They have no effect on captured pokemon, so don't worry about doing the wrong advancements. Once you verify you hit your seed, you can either do journal flips or Chatot method to advance the RNG. Sweet Scent in grass advances the frame by 2. So what you want to do is subtract 2 from your target frame, and if the number is even you can just do journal flips then sweet scent to encounter Ditto. If it's odd, you can turn once in the grass without taking a step to advance the RNG by one, or you can use Chatot. Then finish up the rest of the advancements using journal flips.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay firstly, Ditto cannot be encounter slot 5, only 6 or 7. The way it works is that whatever pokemon Backlot says he found in the Trophy Garden takes the encounter slot of 6. However, the pokemon that showed up the day before would take encounter slot 7. For example, say you go to Backlot and he says he saw a Cleffa or some shit in his garden. You don't care about Cleffa, so you leave and come back the next day. Then Backlot says "OH SHIT I FOUND A DITTO BACK THERE"

If you wanted to RNG Ditto, then you have to look up a frame that gives you the right encounter slot (either 6 or 7). Verify your seed with coin flips. They have no effect on captured pokemon, so don't worry about doing the wrong advancements. Once you verify you hit your seed, you can either do journal flips or Chatot method to advance the RNG. Sweet Scent in grass advances the frame by 2. So what you want to do is subtract 2 from your target frame, and if the number is even you can just do journal flips then sweet scent to encounter Ditto. If it's odd, you can turn once in the grass without taking a step to advance the RNG by one, or you can use Chatot. Then finish up the rest of the advancements using journal flips.
RNG reporter accounts for this... "advancement".

Shii

zap
Amazing. My copy of Platinum is the most inconsistent ever when it comes to RNG'ing. Not only can it hit both even and odd delays, but sometimes talking to a stationary legend advances the frame by 1, and sometimes it doesn't. I can confirm this, because I just recently came out of two long battles with an Azelf, with a spread to hit on Frame 62. First I stopped the Chatot advancements on frame 61, and I got the spread on frame 61 instead. Then I advanced it to 62, and I got the one on frame 63.

Wow.
Are you sure you're doing the right advancements? Azelf always has a monster frame of 1. If your target frame is 62, then you have to do 61 advancements. So how did you advance the RNG?

RNG reporter accounts for this... "advancement".
Lol, I use RNG Reporter 8.31 for most of my 4th gen captures. Sorry. :x

Information is helpful but a reply I got a while ago said it's slot 5 or 6, so are you certain 6 or 7 is correct?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I believe I read that the ARNG (the RNG that controls the PID of WonderCards in 4th gen) advances way too fast to feasibly abuse it, but has it been fully cracked? If so, is there a list of spreads or further info?
misdreavus was asking before, so i might as well put them both in here

4th gen wondercard pids

this is made with an alternate rng that is seeded from timer0 and a counter at 21e19dc. basically, the initial seed looks like ((*timer0) | (*counter << 16)).

after that, the seed is run through the previously-found arng. so you have:

((*timer0 | (*counter << 16)) * 0x6c078965) + 1

and that's the pid. the one that i was watching seemed to skip the shiny prevention check, but that can't be right. i'll have another look later on. (timer0 is running at 33.513982mhz here, so i can't see manipulating it being feasible at all)

the * are dereferenced pointers except the one in the advancement formula.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That's correct, unless there's moving NPCs or you have to advance the IV frame.

Er, wait, you might have that backward. Which frame are you trying to hit?

FAIL! Nature correct, Ivs perfect, species Kricketune!? How did this happen!? I chose encounter slot 7. When I talked to the mansion owner all he said is there's ditto in his garden, he didn't go through the whole speech with saying you are envious yes? So I thought that meant the ditto would be put in encounter slot 7. Please explain what I'm supposed to do to make ditto encounter slot 7. On a side note, anyone want a perfect female Kricketune that's timid and has swarm? You sure? Please? Oh come on.

That's correct, unless there's moving NPCs or you have to advance the IV frame.

Er, wait, you might have that backward. Which frame are you trying to hit?
im sorry i dont know exactly how to explain im just trying to get a terakion at 16:55:35 i get the right stats at 8 pitches but not right narute and i have kept going all the way to 18 pitches and wrong nature and wrong iv's the starting frame is 55 and the nature frame is 58 and i just tried 3 but still nothing and wrong stats. sorry im new at this and i only got this right ounce.

Shii

zap
FAIL! Nature correct, Ivs perfect, species Kricketune!? How did this happen!? I chose encounter slot 7. When I talked to the mansion owner all he said is there's ditto in his garden, he didn't go through the whole speech with saying you are envious yes? So I thought that meant the ditto would be put in encounter slot 7. Please explain what I'm supposed to do to make ditto encounter slot 7. On a side note, anyone want a perfect female Kricketune that's timid and has swarm? You sure? Please? Oh come on.
No, you have to set the day forward another day and talk to him again, resetting the pokemon. Then Ditto will be encounter slot 7.

No, you have to set the day forward another day and talk to him again, resetting the pokemon. Then Ditto will be encounter slot 7.
If I set the day forward then the date will be incorrect for the rng. What exactly do I do? btw the day It's on is July 25th in case you want to give an example.

Usually you can abuse multiple days in a row with the same seed. So instead of choosing the time on July 25, choose the one for the 26th.

Haku: if youre getting the wrong IVs it's due to the timer0, if your starting frame is 55 and 58 is your desired nature the three custom chatter summary views is correct.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
im sorry i dont know exactly how to explain im just trying to get a terakion at 16:55:35 i get the right stats at 8 pitches but not right narute and i have kept going all the way to 18 pitches and wrong nature and wrong iv's the starting frame is 55 and the nature frame is 58 and i just tried 3 but still nothing and wrong stats. sorry im new at this and i only got this right ounce.
Since this is a 5th gen question, it should probably be in the other thread. Anyway, Chatots don't affect IVs at all (unless you're doing breeding or Wonder Cards), so when you get the wrong IVs, it just means you missed your seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)