1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Morbz

Morbz

(Copied from my previous post) I am using Diamond version here. I got the IVs that I needed, but it is not a shiny. Why is it not shiny? I ticked the shiny tab with my ID and SID (also it got the !!! shiny symbol in the RNG reporter) but did not show up. Thanks.
  2. Setosama

Setosama

UPDATE:

Decided to say F**K KECLEON and skip Banette and Move on to Absol... Absol's RNG process seems to be working just fine. o.O

I wonder what was making Kecleon so difficult.

...ok. maybe might go back for Banette.
  3. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Is there a guide anywhere for PID abuse in Emerald? If so, is it possible to get flawless method 1 spreads, that are also shiny? (for the legendaries of course)

I know it's supposed to be difficult, but I don't have access to HGSS for the RSE legends, and I already have emerald.

Also, when using the 4th gen time finder to find a PID for TID/SID abuse, I can't find any flawless IV spreads that are both lonely and have HP Fire. Does this mean it is not possible to get a flawless HP fire giratina (cause that's what it's for)?
  4. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

something in your game, is doing something weird, just hit it tried 30min ago

shadowmonkey
    check hozu sig

EDIT
    31/31/30/30/31/30

Edit
    In 3gen at best near flawless
  5. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

i don't think that's quite what im looking for, in his sig anyways

so emeralds only good for cloning masterballs huh? :(
  6. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

oh, according Hozu retail sid abuse on emrald a no-no
    emerald good for
    breeding
    lower frame on some method 1 frames then r/s
    mew
    dexoys
    other stuff
  7. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

ok then.

what about the 4th gen TID/SID abuse? i know there is a guide but the spread i wanted does not show up on RNG reporter..
  8. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

31/30/31/30/31/30- No
    31/31/30/30/31/30 - Yes
    Pid is tied to IV so not there is a restriction on some nature and IV combination, hozu and/or a mod and/or someone who knows alot more about the mechanics, like fisheman p can tell you more
  9. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Cool beans. forgot the IVs could swapped around a little and still get the same hidden power.

thanks
  10. DDyPhoenix

DDyPhoenix

I am doing RNG on my Pokemon Platinum and had something odd come up.

For the seed I want to hit, I have a frame of 114, but method J says none, method J sync says 71, and method J sync f? says none. Does that means I need to do a sync or can I just shoot for frame 114? Please advise, thanks!
  11. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Are you using pokrng?
    If so, use the rngreporter

If not and you are using the reporter, plz provide seed.

By the way you describe it you must have a sync pokemon and the frame will be 71 instead of 114, but again I need the seed

Also when it says none that mean that pid/iv spread is unavailable at the method

i.e (just a random created data timid 31/1/31/1/31/1)
    Method J: None - not available
    Method J Sync: 70 -available with sync at 70
  12. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Frame 114 w/o sync or frame 71 w/ sync. One or the other.
  13. DDyPhoenix

DDyPhoenix

Answered my own question.
  14. Colossus

Colossus

Trying to capture Regigigas in Diamond
    Seed is 0C0E02C2, frame is 77, delay is 692
    Verified seed- HHTHTTHTTHTHTHT
    Adamant Nature, Characteristic good perseverance
    Advanced frame by switching between one that only had "flew to snowpt" and one with a caught bibare (night)
    Gigas was supposed to have 31//31/17/31/31/31
  15. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Ok...and your result was?...
  16. Morbz

Morbz

Also in the spread it has the !!! symbol for a shiny, but no shiny came.:pimp:
  17. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Please post ID and SID
  18. Morbz

Morbz

TID: 61316
    SID: 53848

Found my SID through Find SID from Chained Shinies in the 4th Gen Tools of RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA.
  19. honchkro13

honchkro13

I am trying to RNG an ID/SID combo of 59214/15852 for a PID of 8EFB545D in SoulSilver. I am following this guide, post #2. I am aiming for a delay of 5000 with a seed of 65131395. I am also searching in the year 2013 (all the numbers I listed here except for the PID are generated in Pandora's Box in RNG Reporter).

I am confused about when to take an action for the first timer. Am I supposed to press A at the "Press Start" screen (where Lugia is swimming underwater) when the first timer reaches 0? Or am I supposed to soft-reset instead when the first timer reaches 0 after I am already in the game and the game wants to explain the controls (just like in pretty much every other 4th gen RNG)?
  20. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

That seed does not yield a shiny naughty, 31/31/28/0/29/31 with that SID/ID combination, henceforth way you're not getting shinies

You soft-reset when the first timer hit zero
    You press A on the second timer when oak says "ill see you later"
  21. honchkro13

honchkro13

Just did that and plugged the ID I got into Pandora's Box to see what delay I actually hit. I set the search frames from 4000-6000. Only 1 result showed up, and it had a value of 3 seconds instead of the target second of 0 that I am going for. Can you tell me why that happened? Apparently, I hit a 5153 delay, which is a whopping 153 delays off from my target 5000.

Should I just update my EonTimer with the 5153 delay, even though in Pandora's Box it corresponds to a 3 second target and not a 0 second target?
  22. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

According to ever stone
    You must subtract 3 from your target second to hit the actual target second

Edit read under bullentin 3
  23. honchkro13

honchkro13

So I'm good then, since, lol, 3-3=0?

Just out of curiosity, how do I change my target second from 0 to something else? I can't find an option to do that in Pandora's Box.

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: 5153 is a lot farther than I expected from my target of 5000. I've already got my calibrated delay and second from a previous save file. I'm guessing this giant offset is because at the beginning of a new file, we haven't done stuff like showing Elm the Togepi egg, showing Pokerus and defeating the Elite Four to make RNGing easier?
  24. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Either look for a time in pandora that have a target second of 3 then input 0 as the target second in eontimer
    Or
    in eontimer input your target second as 57, to hit target second 0

It's best to do the first one, in my opinion but your free to do either

Edit
    By subtract 3, I meant from eontimer not pandora, ie change your target second to 57 instead of 0
  25. honchkro13

honchkro13

I've expanded the min/max frames in Pandora to 4000-10,000. Everything is still has a target frame of 0. Other than expanding the min/max frames, do you know another way to find seeds with a target second other than 0, preferably 3 like you said?

I also tried 57 in Eontimer instead of 0 just once, and ended up with a target second of 1. I'll try again with 57 and if it still doesn't work, I guess I'll try 56.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)