Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Not sure if anybody can remember but I'm looking at RNGing a ton of Dittos in Black/White to migrate across. Does the Giant Chasm where Ditto is found have any weather active or any wandering NPCs?

Thanks!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if anybody can remember but I'm looking at RNGing a ton of Dittos in Black/White to migrate across. Does the Giant Chasm where Ditto is found have any weather active or any wandering NPCs?

Thanks!
Weather? Yes (Fog). NPCs? No.
If you need info on how to remove the fog PM me :)

Hello everyone. I'm having trouble hitting my delay for a shiny artikuno with HP fighting in HGSS....

I use eon timer.

Here's the infos:

Seed:BE1004DC
Delay:1228

Eon timer calibration:

Calibrated Delay: 490
Calibrated seconds: 15
Target Delay: 1228
Target seconds 15

I'm always having trouble to verify my seed with prof elm calls... Should i hit a at the last beep of eontimer or at the 5th beep? And do mashing the A button modify something? Did i missed somehting else?

Thanks....

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble hitting my delay for a shiny artikuno with HP fighting in HGSS....

I use eon timer.

Here's the infos:

Seed:BE1004DC
Delay:1228

Eon timer calibration:

Calibrated Delay: 490
Calibrated seconds: 15
Target Delay: 1228
Target seconds 15

I'm always having trouble to verify my seed with prof elm calls... Should i hit a at the last beep of eontimer or at the 5th beep? And do mashing the A button modify something? Did i missed somehting else?

Thanks....
Does the seed correspond with your TID/SID?
You might want to set the min/max second to 1 and frames to 20. As for the timer, you want to press A exactly at the last beep.

No, in the Seed to Time window you can set the frames and seconds before you hit the lower Generate button. Min/max seconds 1, min/max frames 20.
Ah ok! Thanks! ANd for the calibrated seconds and target seconds i'm I right?

How do we know the right target sec for the seed we want to attempt?

Last edited:
Asking for someone else (though I replicated his troubles with his save file he sent me).

In gen 3 Emerald, for some reason, two traded Kecleon breeding (with Everstone) produced wild results. The offsprings's IVs don't make ANY sense.
Parent A: Kecleon 31/27/30/1/31/21
Parent B: Kecleon 31/31/31/31/2/28

Aimed spread: Emerald (no split), Frame 73781 - 31/B/B/31/A/31
Result: 31/27/15/1/31/28

I mean, this shit isn't even in the same stratosphere. There are no results anywhere close to this for splits or alternate so those weren't hit. I tried hitting a frame before and got 29/31/6/31/31/31 which also doesn't register anywhere. It baffles me.

Hi once again

I'm always missing my delay on Platinium.... I put the correct entries on eon timer, pressing A on the last beep and the coin flips never matches, what could be wrong?

HEre's the infos:

Seed: AA0E0A6A
Delay: 2650

Calibrated delay: 450 Seconds: 14

Thanks a bunch!

Asking for someone else (though I replicated his troubles with his save file he sent me).

In gen 3 Emerald, for some reason, two traded Kecleon breeding (with Everstone) produced wild results. The offsprings's IVs don't make ANY sense.

Aimed spread: Emerald (no split), Frame 73781 - 31/B/B/31/A/31
Result: 31/27/15/1/31/28

I mean, this shit isn't even in the same stratosphere. There are no results anywhere close to this for splits or alternate so those weren't hit. I tried hitting a frame before and got 29/31/6/31/31/31 which also doesn't register anywhere. It baffles me.
What's so weird about it? You just hit the non-split frame 92762 or A/27/15/1/A/B.

What's so weird about it? You just hit the non-split frame 92762 or A/27/15/1/A/B.
How do I hit frame 92762 when if I claim the egg literally a frame before I get 105000 or something, 2 frames after got me 62000.

Alright, reran the tests:

Frame 73,779 - 31/18/30/23/2/21 closest match: nonsplit 164,023
Frame 73,780 - 1/20/15/1/31/21 closest match: NE
Frame 73,781 - 31/27/15/1/31/31 closest match: alternate 104,313
Frame 73,782 - 31/31/8/1/2/21 closest match: nonsplit 177,992
Frame 73,783 - 31/27/2/13/9/28 closest match: NE

Last edited:
OK I'm having a weird issue while trying to fish RNG on HGSS. I'm trying to get a Timid Staryu, have a synch, I'm on B2F Union Cave and the seed I'm using is
B115045E. However, when I first hit my seed none of my Chatot pitches matched the generated frames on that seed. I did it 3-4 times consistently and on all cases I couldn't figure out what frame I was on (BTW how much advancement does using Super Rod cause?). So I went the radar way and caught something to figure out my frame BUT the spread I got didn't match ANYTHING from that seed so I used "find seed using stats" and after a couple of times of doing it I got the same answer. Turns out I'm on DD15045E seed instead. I don't know how that happened so went ahead and used that to "seed to time" and the dates I got for that did not match the date I was using for my target seed (2011/4/28). WTF is going on?

EDIT: I have selected Method K, Fishing (Super Rod) on the RNG Reporter

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
OK I'm having a weird issue while trying to fish RNG on HGSS. I'm trying to get a Timid Staryu, have a synch, I'm on B2F Union Cave and the seed I'm using is
B115045E. However, when I first hit my seed none of my Chatot pitches matched the generated frames on that seed. I did it 3-4 times consistently and on all cases I couldn't figure out what frame I was on (BTW how much advancement does using Super Rod cause?). So I went the radar way and caught something to figure out my frame BUT the spread I got didn't match ANYTHING from that seed so I used "find seed using stats" and after a couple of times of doing it I got the same answer. Turns out I'm on DD15045E seed instead. I don't know how that happened so went ahead and used that to "seed to time" and the dates I got for that did not match the date I was using for my target seed (2011/4/28). WTF is going on?

What time are you aiming for on that date?

What time are you aiming for on that date?
I originally tried 4/28/2011 then moved to 4/29/2011. Think they have the time set to 21:51:14 and 21:47:14 respectively. Delay is 1107. If you seed to time the other seed I'm apparently hitting instead, the dates for that year start on May... I seriously don't know what's going on.

It doesn't really answer your question, but maybe you can try to catch it while surfing? I got one a while back and I believe I also had issues with fishing...

Hello guys. I'm going to start a RNG breeding project in my pokemon emerald. Aiming for a flawless Clefairy to teach it Softboiled. I've checked the RNG information on breeding and stuff. What's the fastest way of getting both parents? do I just spam eggs until I get 31s? or do I try to RNG catch a wild ditto with the needed 31s? It looks like wild RNG is a lot harder in emerald than others, so I'd like to avoid this..
Also what tools should I need for this like eon timer? or finding a good spread, or does someone have a good one to share? Thanks!
While I've abused RNG in 4th gen, this is my 1st time in 3rd gen pkmn emerald which is a physical cart and is out of battery (if that matters). So I don't know what complications I could have..

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hello guys. I'm going to start a RNG breeding project in my pokemon emerald. Aiming for a flawless Clefairy to teach it Softboiled. I've checked the RNG information on breeding and stuff. What's the fastest way of getting both parents? do I just spam eggs until I get 31s? or do I try to RNG catch a wild ditto with the needed 31s? It looks like wild RNG is a lot harder in emerald than others, so I'd like to avoid this..
Also what tools should I need for this like eon timer? or finding a good spread, or does someone have a good one to share? Thanks!
While I've abused RNG in 4th gen, this is my 1st time in 3rd gen pkmn emerald which is a physical cart and is out of battery (if that matters). So I don't know what complications I could have..
If you could RNG a flawless Ditto it would make your life ten times easier, but if it is on a retail cart then it isn't really an option lol. From memory Clefairy can only be caught in FireRed / LeafGreen so RNGing that on retail is out of the question. Spamming eggs might be your best bet in that case, but it will save you a lot of time if you can get a few good Dittos :)

You will need EonTimer and RNG Reporter, and a couple of other tools if you are going for shinies.

Honestly, you can get screwed over by both breeding and catching for Emerald. Your best bet is catching Ditto with 2/3 flawless IVs and trading over a Clefairy since FRLG retail is virtually impossible. But it's a pick your poison kind of deal. Either you wait hours for a good Ditto, which you might not get as the dickish RNG gives a H-4 when you were aiming for a H-2 (quashed two hexaflawless spreads I was aiming for) OR you gotta pin all your hopes on one breeding method and be ready to deal with the consequences if it decided to roll alternate/split when you were aiming for a non-split.
Not trying to bum you out, but Emerald RNG even frustrates me and I do it on emulator.

Plus, you can run into stuff like the Kecleon thing I posted above and for which I still haven't found an answer.

Honestly, you can get screwed over by both breeding and catching for Emerald. Your best bet is catching Ditto with 2/3 flawless IVs and trading over a Clefairy since FRLG retail is virtually impossible. But it's a pick your poison kind of deal. Either you wait hours for a good Ditto, which you might not get as the dickish RNG gives a H-4 when you were aiming for a H-2 (quashed two hexaflawless spreads I was aiming for) OR you gotta pin all your hopes on one breeding method and be ready to deal with the consequences if it decided to roll alternate/split when you were aiming for a non-split.
Not trying to bum you out, but Emerald RNG even frustrates me and I do it on emulator.

Plus, you can run into stuff like the Kecleon thing I posted above and for which I still haven't found an answer.
Sounds painful.. I might be ready to do it. If I run into trouble I'll ask here xD.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sounds painful.. I might be ready to do it. If I run into trouble I'll ask here xD.
imo you're best off aiming for Method 2 frame 1212 (which gives 12/9/9/31/31/10) as the Ditto for parent A, and breeding for Egg Frame 2096 (24/B/15/1/A/31) for parent B. That lets you hit Egg Frame 2391 (31/4/31/A/A/B), which is what I used for breeding my Cleffa, and none of the spreads take more than 40 seconds to occur.

imo you're best off aiming for Method 2 frame 1212 (which gives 12/9/9/31/31/10) as the Ditto for parent A, and breeding for Egg Frame 2096 (24/B/15/1/A/31) for parent B. That lets you hit Egg Frame 2391 (31/4/31/A/A/B), which is what I used for breeding my Cleffa, and none of the spreads take more than 40 seconds to occur.
Great advice!!! I'll try this :) thanks

Edit: would you advice using a synchronizer? So it has more chances of advancing towards the desired frame. Or will synchronizer screw up the process?

Edit: Nvm, I just hit the 1212 Ditto. :) now off to breeding (and evolving the cleffas...)

Edit: that moment you hit 2391 but it was alternate..

Last edited:
How do I frame advance in Platinum again?
I'm aiming for a method J legendary on frame 18, since I don't have roamers out I assume I start on Frame 1?
So what do I do? 8 Journal flips (1+8*2) then talk to it or 8 Journal flips and a Chatot chatter (1+8*2+1) and then talk to it??

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
How do I frame advance in Platinum again?
I'm aiming for a method J legendary on frame 18, since I don't have roamers out I assume I start on Frame 1?
So what do I do? 8 Journal flips (1+8*2) then talk to it or 8 Journal flips and a Chatot chatter (1+8*2+1) and then talk to it??
Without Roamers and NPCs, you'll start on frame 1. Assuming that's the case, you need to do [target frame] - [starting frame] = [number of advances].

So 18-1 = 17 required advances. Or, 8 Journal flips plus a Chatot, then interact.

Without Roamers and NPCs, you'll start on frame 1. Assuming that's the case, you need to do [target frame] - [starting frame] = [number of advances].

So 18-1 = 17 required advances. Or, 8 Journal flips plus a Chatot, then interact.
Cheers.
Further question: if you go after Mesprit while Cresselia is out, will the starting frame be 5 or 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)