Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

has anyone removed all the npcs from a pokemon center with a rom hacking tool? would this work? if so, would it be worth it?

OK for RNG Breeding it says Year/ Month/ and then it says seconds (12)
Why is it 12? I thought it took 14 seconds to get in the game? Or am i just mistaking that? lol, if not then should i change it to 14 Seconds? I have and clicked Generate and it listed the same seeds and everything so im guessing it doent matter?

OK for RNG Breeding it says Year/ Month/ and then it says seconds (12)
Why is it 12? I thought it took 14 seconds to get in the game? Or am i just mistaking that? lol, if not then should i change it to 14 Seconds? I have and clicked Generate and it listed the same seeds and everything so im guessing it doent matter?
Ok, it may take 14 seconds to get in the game, but you're loading the game at XX:XX:12. It's the current seconds value of your DS clock that dictates your seconds value, not how long it takes to get in. That's delay's job.

has anyone removed all the npcs from a pokemon center with a rom hacking tool? would this work? if so, would it be worth it?
You mean a Mart, right? It should work; however, I don't think anyone's tried it yet. Besides, I would consider that hacking (well, it technically is); however, with what people are doing nowadays, people will still trade for it...

yeah, mart! ah yes, because the whole point of rng abuse is that it is done without hacking :) sorry! also, i was wondering, are there any tips for using an emulator, because i can rip my cart, or is emulator rng abuse frowned upon, if it is easier or something? also, say i waited 2 days for a frame, would i have to 'prove' that i caught it, and not hacked it?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
yeah, mart! ah yes, because the whole point of rng abuse is that it is done without hacking :) sorry! also, i was wondering, are there any tips for using an emulator, because i can rip my cart, or is emulator rng abuse frowned upon, if it is easier or something? also, say i waited 2 days for a frame, would i have to 'prove' that i caught it, and not hacked it?
Tons of reputable people here use emulators to RNG, plus I used Syberia's Zapdos at Worlds 09 (which was caught using save states on an emulator) and it passed "the Official TPCi hack check".

then, are there any tips? like, can you play the game frame by frame? or speed it down? or are save states the only benefit? since, there is a shiny i want, and it appears after around 2 weeks of play (i make vba 400% speed), so, whilst it is possible, i would either have to rng it, or make it from the ivs and pid given, which would give me the same thing, but not legit, so, nintendo never check to see how long one would have to wait to obtain the pokemon? since surely, no one has a legit pokemon with the last frame number, but, it is possible, so nintendo can't say it has been made using tools. thank you! (i caught my first rng'd pokemon last night)

Another scenario I'm going to give, because for some reason I'm not getting it right:

Let's say I have a delay of 2383 for 2009. I put that into emloop. That generates 39.71 seconds for the second counter. Then I search for a time with 40 seconds. I get 2009 11 14 16:57:40. Now I set the DS to the date, then I set the DS to 16:56. I press A to confirm and the emloop button at the same time. Emloop counts down from 60.2. Then I SR when the first timer reaches 0 (when I hear the beep). I don't mash A, but just get to the continue screen. I wait for the second timer to reach 0, then press A. This all should be right.

Now here's the thing: when I check my seeds, I get seconds like :34, :32, and :37. Now someone said it doesn't matter if the seconds are off, but in step 9 of syberia's post, it only talks about adjusting the delay and not the seconds. Because, when I adjust the delay and if the seconds aren't the same as my target seconds, I can never reach :40 seconds. So before I even start adjusting delays (from step 9), should I make sure I get a :40 seconds?
Ok here's the real problem with me and emloop. When I'm getting seconds like :34, :32, and :37 from my target time of 16:57:40, I'll try to adjust it to those seconds during calibration. EVERY DARN TIME I do this, the seconds just keep lowering!!! For example if I change it from 40 seconds to 32, it will drop to 26 and so on and so on. I don't know what the heck to do. It just keeps lowering and lowering. Someone please help me figure out what's going on.

heres a interesting question. is it possible to RNG the stats for a pokemon you trade ingame??? like the beldum i can trade with the NPC in silph co. how do i RNG the stats of the beldum im gonna get??

Presents are Method 1 and for Trading, I'm not sure if it was confirmed but the traded pokemon would have the same IVs as the pokemon you would trade with them or something like that. Not 100% sure though

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
heres a interesting question. is it possible to RNG the stats for a pokemon you trade ingame??? like the beldum i can trade with the NPC in silph co. how do i RNG the stats of the beldum im gonna get??
I don't know specifically about that beldum, but I do know that Gaspar the Haunter in DPPt has fixed IVs/nature.

Ok here's the real problem with me and emloop. When I'm getting seconds like :34, :32, and :37 from my target time of 16:57:40, I'll try to adjust it to those seconds during calibration. EVERY DARN TIME I do this, the seconds just keep lowering!!! For example if I change it from 40 seconds to 32, it will drop to 26 and so on and so on. I don't know what the heck to do. It just keeps lowering and lowering. Someone please help me figure out what's going on.
Please can anyone help me with this? I keep synching at the same time, but nothing works.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
At what step exactly are you changing these seconds? Like, is it a field in RNG Reporter, or are you adjusting your timing?

Is RNG Reporter telling you that you hit :37? If so, pick a new date\time that has the same seed but those seconds.

Let's say I have a delay of 2383 for 2009. I put that into emloop. That generates 39.71 seconds for the second counter. Then I search for a time with 40 seconds. I get 2009 11 14 16:57:40. Now I set the DS to the date, then I set the DS to 16:56. I press A to confirm and the emloop button at the same time. Emloop counts down from 60.2. Then I SR when the first timer reaches 0 (when I hear the beep). I don't mash A, but just get to the continue screen. I wait for the second timer to reach 0, then press A. Now here's the thing: when I check my seeds, I get seconds like :34, :32, and :37.

This is all during calibration. I never get :40 seconds. I never seem to get my target seconds, and then when I try to settle for lower seconds like :34, :32, and :37, they seem to get lower and lower. I choose :34, I get :26, I choose :26, I'll get :15. I just keeps eluding me.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Let's say I have a delay of 2383 for 2009. I put that into emloop. That generates 39.71 seconds for the second counter. Then I search for a time with 40 seconds. I get 2009 11 14 16:57:40. Now I set the DS to the date, then I set the DS to 16:56. I press A to confirm and the emloop button at the same time. Emloop counts down from 60.2. Then I SR when the first timer reaches 0 (when I hear the beep). I don't mash A, but just get to the continue screen. I wait for the second timer to reach 0, then press A. Now here's the thing: when I check my seeds, I get seconds like :34, :32, and :37.

This is all during calibration. I never get :40 seconds. I never seem to get my target seconds, and then when I try to settle for lower seconds like :34, :32, and :37, they seem to get lower and lower. I choose :34, I get :26, I choose :26, I'll get :15. I just keeps eluding me.
One question: you actually got the RNG Reporter Seed Finder to look for a delay that high? Or are you using something else to check your seed?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
This is a seed I'm using from the wichu program. Then I check my seed from the coin flips.
Did you plug that seed into RNG Reporter's Seed to Time, with 40 seconds checked?

If you find the correct date listed, but the minutes are wrong, THEN you need to adjust the seconds by however minutes off it is.

Yeah I put that in the reporter with 40 seconds checked. But it's not the minutes that's the problem, but seconds. And every time I do adjust the seconds whatever, it keeps going down. My I never seem to hit my target seconds no matter how much I adjust it.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Yeah I put that in the reporter with 40 seconds checked. But it's not the minutes that's the problem, but seconds. And every time I do adjust the seconds whatever, it keeps going down. My I never seem to hit my target seconds no matter how much I adjust it.
Let me repeat my question: did you find an entry in the RNG Reporter Seed to Time list that matches the target date, hours, AND minutes, when you plugged in the seed you got from Wichu's program?

You made it seem like I got a target time from somewhere else. When I got the seed from Wichu's program, I put it into the Seed to Time section for 2009. Then used emloop and after I put in the delay of 2383 into the box, I was given 39.71 in the timer box. Then I searched for a seconds of 40 in the reporter. So I found the time 2009 11 14 16:57:40. You should also know, I'm rng'ing a Wondercard.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
You made it seem like I got a target time from somewhere else. When I got the seed from Wichu's program, I put it into the Seed to Time section for 2009. Then used emloop and after I put in the delay of 2383 into the box, I was given 39.71 in the timer box. Then I searched for a seconds of 40 in the reporter. So I found the time 2009 11 14 16:57:40. You should also know, I'm rng'ing a Wondercard.
I'm starting to get an idea of where you're going wrong, but I need more info. What's the seed that you're aiming for, and what's one of the seeds you hit?

EDIT: Also, IVs and frame.

Seed I'm trying to hit fb100958 2009 11 14 16:57:40

Some results

16:57:34 2380
16:57:36 2362
16:57:34 2307
16:57:36 2446
16:57:31 2352

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)