Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Here's a Method K one for the spread with 1 ATK. I don't know what the delay is, because I don't have access to RNG Reporter right now (am on my Mac).

Seed: ad1509ed; Frame: 6,8; IV: 31/1/31/31/31/0; Synch: Required (I believe, I made it search for frames assuming a synch, though maybe one of them works without a synch)

(It's also Ability 1 if you want to use it for something else by the way)
It's like 2500 something. Thanks so much. I'll use this one. How exactly did you search for that though? I didn't quite understand that... I can't seem to make PokeRNG search for 31/X/31/31/31/O. Seems you can only either search for exact IVs (31 etc) or better than (X), not both...

It's like 2500 something. Thanks so much. I'll use this one. How exactly did you search for that though? I didn't quite understand that...
Well, I used the fact that WildEep had already found all the possible Attack values, and I chose 1. Then I used Pikachu25's JavaRNG to do a search with those parameters (He added a Method K option).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Well, I used the fact that WildEep had already found all the possible Attack values, and I chose 1. Then I used Pikachu25's JavaRNG to do a search with those parameters (He added a Method K option).
Oh? You can search for 31/x/31/31/31/0 in JavaRNG?
[edit]
oops! Yeah, now I see. I gocha. Thanks. xD

I've successfully RNGed a pokemon before, however i'm having a lot of trouble with finding my frame for RNG abusing for Egg IVs:

So far, in 5 trials my results are:

Frame 5, 7,7,6,8

My seconds are fine, my delay is in my range. Why such variety? I understand how NPCs can advance the RNG, but I just don't think it can be that extreme. Any help will be highly appreciated.

I've successfully RNGed a pokemon before, however i'm having a lot of trouble with finding my frame for RNG abusing for Egg IVs:

So far, in 5 trials my results are:

Frame 5, 7,7,6,8

My seconds are fine, my delay is in my range. Why such variety? I understand how NPCs can advance the RNG, but I just don't think it can be that extreme. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thats not extreme by any stretch, chances are you just saved right before all the NPCs decided to make a move. Just resave and try again, you'll probably find your frame is a bit more consistent, although +/- 1 frame is always inevitable on most saves, just pick your most common frame.

EDIT: 100 posts XD

Im on route 206 trying to catch a swarming Larvitar.
2 questions:

1.There is a non Vs Seeker NPC.How do i deal with him?
2.Do the NPCs on the cycling road above,affect the frame?

Edit:I actually caught the poke,but checked only the first coin flip and pressed 'X' at the same time.I still want to know the above.

this may be a dumb question but here goes.

I'm finding My initial seed

I got three- here they are

1) Seconds: 9
Delay: 627

2) Seconds: 9
Delay: 623

3) Seconds: 9

Alright should I get more or is this enough initial seeds?

EDIT: This is on Pearl if that matters=/

this may be a dumb question but here goes.

I'm finding My initial seed

I got three- here they are

1) Seconds: 9

2) Seconds: 9
Delay: 623

3) Seconds: 9

Alright should I get more or is this enough initial seeds?

EDIT: This is on Pearl if that matters=/
do it 20 times.3 times dont show something reliable

So, I looked through some of the last pages here and I didn't find something about breeding shiny Pokemon in HGSS.. So could you please help me with that? :s
I heard someone saying that it's the same like in DPPt but I don't know, how to advance the RNG without the Happiness App :s
Thanks in advance =)

You've got to pick up each egg instead of using coin flips/happiness taps to advance the RNG.... the best way is to use MinusOne's Shinyfinder, and choose a delay you can hit that has -1 taps, and a low number of coinflips. The shiny egg should be the 11+flips one, although the RNG seems to jump past some eggs, for reasons unknown at the moment. Just track each egg you hatch using RNG reporter, saving each time you pick one up. Good luck!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You've got to pick up each egg instead of using coin flips/happiness taps to advance the RNG.... the best way is to use MinusOne's Shinyfinder, and choose a delay you can hit that has -1 taps, and a low number of coinflips. The shiny egg should be the 11+flips one, although the RNG seems to jump past some eggs, for reasons unknown at the moment. Just track each egg you hatch using RNG reporter, saving each time you pick one up. Good luck!
Just to clarify, as stated in the OP, picking up an egg advances the egg RNG by 1 for each egg.

Ok, thanks =)
But it's ok, if I do it the other way, right? I mean the way without hitting a delay (just catch a high level Pokemon and then pick the seed you want).

Edit: Thanks Matt ;)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Ok, thanks =)
But it's ok, if I do it the other way, right? I mean the way without hitting a delay (just catch a high level Pokemon and then pick the seed you want).

Edit: Thanks Matt ;)
You could, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to pick up like 1000+ eggs to get to the shiny one...

If I have international parents, that won't be the case I think, because then you'll get better seeds ;D
Ok, thanks to both of you, I'll try that :D

Edit: Thanks Dan Dan, but I'll try the other way ;)

I knew picking up an egg advances the RNG by one, but I still want to find out why it seems to skip over an egg or two every so often. I've plotted about 40 eggs so far, following the frame advancement and can't notice any sort of trend.. obviously I need to obtain more data, and make sure I don't miss any phonecalls or other things that may have a connection to it..but so far i'm a bit stumped =[

@ Massi - check the previous page - I think that's where mingot linked to an in-progress Shiny Egg Finder guide that's being written. It's really a lot easier to get the nature you want that way. EDIT: it's in the OP

I've been re-doing the calibration phase for catching pokemons, and here is what I've been getting:

Second Delay
11 602
11 602
11 600
11 610
11 608
11 600
11 598
11 594
11 604
11 606
11 602
11 608
11 618
11 610
11 612
11 596
11 594
11 612

So, should I keep doing that until I get the same delay, or should i select a neutral point, like 600, 602, 606, 608, and hope I get that delay?
thank you in advance.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You realize that MinusOne built this functionality into RNG Reporter, right?

What, the Shiny Egg tab? Of course, but I didn't think you could locate -1 happiness taps in RNG reporter which is why OmegaDonut suggested using ShinyFinder to me. If you mean something else, then no I don't know but please enlighten me!

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What, the Shiny Egg tab? Of course, but I didn't think you could locate -1 happiness taps in RNG reporter which is why OmegaDonut suggested using ShinyFinder to me. If you mean something else, then no I don't know but please enlighten me!
Ah, did not read the post you were responding to to realize that you needed no happiness taps spreads. And, yeah, those were intentionally removed from RNG Reporter to avoid confusion. They may need to make a comeback as an option at some point for HG/SS.

Thats not extreme by any stretch, chances are you just saved right before all the NPCs decided to make a move. Just resave and try again, you'll probably find your frame is a bit more consistent, although +/- 1 frame is always inevitable on most saves, just pick your most common frame.

EDIT: 100 posts XD

Thank you for that! I now get a consistent frame after doing what you said.

If I change my target time from something like this:

2009 11 22 17:09:29

to this:

2009 12 20 17:11:29

would that make hitting the seed any more difficult?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I change my target time from something like this:

2009 11 22 17:09:29

to this:

2009 12 20 17:11:29

would that make hitting the seed any more difficult?
I doubt I assume this is the same delay so its not going to matter

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah, did not read the post you were responding to to realize that you needed no happiness taps spreads. And, yeah, those were intentionally removed from RNG Reporter to avoid confusion. They may need to make a comeback as an option at some point for HG/SS.
That goes on the running list of things that ought to go in 7.11:

- Change the Time Finder so that it is not dependent on the DateTime structure for the seed, because then it's restricted to a maximum delay of 999.
- Change the stat Seed Finder to look in a particular range of delay, instead of being limited to 1000.
- Change the IV Seed Finder to do the same, or at least look beyond a delay of 3599.

I've already modified my version of RNG Reporter to do the last two, but I haven't had time to puzzle out the fix for the first.

mingot

free agent
That goes on the running list of things that ought to go in 7.11:

- Change the Time Finder so that it is not dependent on the DateTime structure for the seed, because then it's restricted to a maximum delay of 999.
- Change the stat Seed Finder to look in a particular range of delay, instead of being limited to 1000.
- Change the IV Seed Finder to do the same, or at least look beyond a delay of 3599.

I've already modified my version of RNG Reporter to do the last two, but I haven't had time to puzzle out the fix for the first.
Did you make the last two options or did you just change the hardcodes?

If you made them nice options, I will (if you want) take your changes and merge them back into the codebase. If not, then you guys are at my mercy :)

The first one is probably not too horrible, but I would really just rather finish my proper "all range" time finder that will basically work just like wichus.

Also, I am currently working on a specialized seed to time for the shiny egg finder to make that process a lot easier to manage. Currently it's pretty shitty, as you have to navigate to your particular time to get adjacents. hopefully I can get at least that done for a 7.whatever (it has an article waiting on it, so it is urgent) and then start getting some of your stuff out of the way for the version after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)