Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

First thing I did with RNG was hatch a couple of shinies. Just enter the game at a particular minute. No calibration. No concern about delays.
I saved in the grass north of the resort area, moved about to encounter a Pokemon, caught it and determined the seed. If a high number of taps were required I just repeated until I got an easy number.
All you need to know is what time you entered the game world. Not what minute the Pokemon was caught.

That's fine if you like doing like 10000000000 coin flips and taps, but if using the Shiny Egg finder you're likely to only need ~10 taps/flips depending on the seed. It also helps you understand what's going on with the game, making further RNG abuse easier. It's fine knowing what to do to make a shiny, but understanding why is the key ;)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just linked the work in progress for the article for54years is working on (part 6, using the shiny egg finder) in the OP of this thread.

Is there something special to be done when trying to abuse Honey tree pokemon?
Is the tree pokemon generated according to encounter slots too??

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there something special to be done when trying to abuse Honey tree pokemon?
Is the tree pokemon generated according to encounter slots too??
no its random and its just like RNG legends the pokemon is set just do what you do for that

no its random and its just like RNG legends the pokemon is set just do what you do for that
Thanks!

Something else.
Is Eterna forest splitted in sections?There is an NPC near the entrance from the side of Valley Windworks.
In case i have to deal with him,each movement of an NPC advances the frame by 1,right?

Thanks!

Something else.
Is Eterna forest splitted in sections?There is an NPC near the entrance from the side of Valley Windworks.
In case i have to deal with him,each movement of an NPC advances the frame by 1,right?
No the entire forest is 1 zone, I try to do my catching down near him so I can keep an eye on his movements

Hello I need help for Receiving Perfect Wondercard pokemon & capture legends.
I just really dont get it at all. I read the guide and seen pokechao youtube video.
Im trying to receive 3 flawless arecus and capture heatran and other non roaming legends.

For both is there no calculation in finding what frame im in like the Egg IV RNG, or do I just plug in a seed (like this flawless physical seed 8A140262), find me seed, seed to time, and try to hit that time or is it more to that?
I still need help please.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I still need help please.
If you "just don't get it at all" there is really not much anyone is going to be able to do to help you. I don't think anyone is going to, in essence, re-write the guide for you either.

The specific question you do ask does not really make any sense either.

Sorry.

If you "just don't get it at all" there is really not much anyone is going to be able to do to help you. I don't think anyone is going to, in essence, re-write the guide for you either.

The specific question you do ask does not really make any sense either.

Sorry.
ok, sorry I will try to re-phrase my questions.
1. In RNG for wondercard pokemon and to capture pokemon, do I have to check what frame im in like hatching perfect pokemon(i.e. collect wondercard pokemon and go catch a wild pokemon?)

2. To use the wondercard method, do I just select the seed and seed to time?

ok, sorry I will try to re-phrase my questions.
1. In RNG for wondercard pokemon and to capture pokemon, do I have to check what frame im in like hatching perfect pokemon(i.e. collect wondercard pokemon and go catch a wild pokemon?)

2. To use the wondercard method, do I just select the seed and seed to time?
For Wondercard Pokemon it should give you a Frame on the RNG Reporter
So no you dont have to check the Frame as it already gives it to you... But yes If you did hit your Delay did the right Flips and you didnt get Your Spread then a NPC messed your Frame up and you might want to see what Frame you did land on

For Wondercard Pokemon Select method 1
And for Catching Pokemon it gives you a Frame as well and the Frame's Enconter Slot should match up with the Pokemon your trying to catch or you wont get the desired Pokemon

For Wondercard Pokemon it should give you a Frame on the RNG Reporter
So no you dont have to check the Frame is it already gives it to you... But yes If you did hit your Delay did the right Flips and you didnt get Your Spread then a NPC messed your Frame up and you might want to see what Frame you did land on

For Wondercard Pokemon Select method 1
And for Catching Pokemon it gives you a Frame as well and the Frame's Enconter Slot should match up with the Pokemon your trying to catch or you wont get the desired Pokemon
ok thanks Steveebomb7134 and Mingot for your help

a question:
sometimes, my second is 12 and my delay is 600 appoximately.
if i need to hit this time:
10:0:12
do i need SR when it hits exactly 10:0:0?, because the clock marks it approximately 14 or 15 seconds.
so then, do i need to SR at 10:0:0 or 9:59:58/57?
thank you in advance.

a question:
sometimes, my second is 12 and my delay is 600 appoximately.
if i need to hit this time:
10:0:12
do i need SR when it hits exactly 10:0:0?, because the clock marks it approximately 14 or 15 seconds.
so then, do i need to SR at 10:0:0 or 9:59:58/57?
thank you in advance.
Are you sure your calibrated seconds is a set 12? That seems a bit fast... Anyway, figure out which seconds you are actually getting. If it's 14, reset at 9:59:58, or if it's 15, reset at 9:59:57.

well, its 12 or 13,i cant get always the same delay nor second always, but it varies from a few ones.
the second start after SR right? it takes 2 seconds approximately to start counting right?

When you SR, you start counting the seconds right away. Sounds like you're waiting until after the white screen goes away to start counting. Just add those 2 seconds to your 12 and now you're getting a more reasonable 14 seconds.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I need a Quiet, 31/x/31/31/31/0 seed for my Kyogre in HG. Can't seem to find a way to search for one, other than the reporter which takes forever, or manually searching for like every attack IV with pokerng. Anybody got one? I think I used to be able to search for them on that Xtreem site, but it seems to be down. :/

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I need a Quiet, 31/x/31/31/31/0 seed for my Kyogre in HG. Can't seem to find a way to search for one, other than the reporter which takes forever, or manually searching for like every attack IV with pokerng. Anybody got one? I think I used to be able to search for them on that Xtreem site, but it seems to be down. :/
1, 3, 6, 8, 25, 27, and 30 Attack are Method 1 legal. You can input natures and IVs into the RNG Reporter Seed Finder, checking Open Search and Show Offset (this is Method 1 frame), and you will find seeds with frames less than 1000 for you to use. This is faster than the Time Finder.

I'm running a search for you, and I can sort through it in Excel, but I was just making sure, before I go through all the trouble, that Kyogre in HG is a normal method J poke. xP

Heres a Few
All are
Quiet
31/X/31/31/31/0
Seed: 17120278
Seed: 1A110287
Seed: D606028B
Seed: 48130266
Seed: FC0502A3
Havent checked to see if there all Method J (Nevermind Method K) though but all have Frames of -3600 :)
All found using PokeRNG XD
And about the Xtreem site I asked Viletung (The Creator) about it and he said he got rid of it because no-one used it anymore and unfortuneatly deleted it all and has no way of getting it back :(
EDIT: Nevermind I guess XD So none of these Method J Spreads can work for Method K? Or Is it just like Method 1 where soem Method J seeds work.........?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
^^^

o.o

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'll just pick one. I can hit any delay now. Thanks so much, especially WE. I didn't know you could search that way!

Here's a Method K one for the spread with 1 ATK. I don't know what the delay is, because I don't have access to RNG Reporter right now (am on my Mac).

Seed: ad1509ed; Frame: 6,8; IV: 31/1/31/31/31/0; Synch: Required (I believe, I made it search for frames assuming a synch, though maybe one of them works without a synch)

(It's also Ability 1 if you want to use it for something else by the way)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)