Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So... The starting frame is the most commonly appeared frame during calibration?

Does a message stating you killed/caught a poke in the first journal page advance the RNG?

So... The starting frame is the most commonly appeared frame during calibration?
Yes.
Does a message stating you killed/caught a poke in the first journal page advance the RNG? Yes, but don't worry about it if you already have it poping up during calibration.
Comments in bold.

??? If I got the message during calibration and I got a starting frame of 9,
How many flips (assuming the first page contains the message) do I have to do to get to the target of 19? 4 or 5?

You will need to go to 5 additional pages that say you caught/defeated a pokemon, excluding when it first opens up since that's already added into the starting frame of 9.

I see... One last question:

How much time does hitting the right delay usually take?
Depends on a lot of things...
Can take as short as 10 minutes, as long as 2 days.
Maybe even longer if you're really unlucky... o.O

EDIT:
Also, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any video's or anything regarding how to RNG Abuse with an AR...
Most people seem to believe it can't be done with an AR that you have to take out and put back in (from what I've seen).
I was wondering if anyone here would like me to make a tutorial on how to IV Abuse with an AR (for breeding).
If no on'e sreally interested, then s'all good :P

I see... One last question:

How much time does hitting the right delay usually take?
Well if you are consistent with hitting the delay, in my experience it only takes three or four tries. For example, I consistenly hit a delay of 593 at 18 seconds (I use an r4i to RNG which is why seconds is so long), so if I can tailor the time I need to enter the game to the seconds and delay I hit consistently, then I hit the correct delay/time almost always. But it's different for everyone, especially if it's your first few times trying it.

QUESTION:
Also, I have a question. When RNG'ing with Method J, What does the column next to Frame (the column with the header "Actual") mean? I am RNG'ing for a Modest nature with these IV's:
31/31/30/30/31/31 (Hp Grass 70), and the Spread only comes up when I have a synchronizer with a Modest nature. The frame the spread comes up on says 1772, but then the "actual" column says 1777. So which do I try and RNG for? 1772 or 1777? I've looked at the guides and I'm still confused :s

Go with the 1772 one. When going for Method Js, always use the frame that's farthest left in the window. Actual is usually 1-2 frames near the spread when it's Method 1, but it doesn't matter with Method J.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it necessary the help of the ID finder aka Pandora's box to get flawless shiny spreads? Because I've searched all day for a good shiny jolly spread and I only got this one: ( I couldn't find a flawless spread)
21/31/28/20/23/31

It's not neccesary, but it makes it alot easier than spending days/weeks reseting for it. Most of the time each reset takes ~2 minutes, but it's easy to tell if you hit the delay even if you can check SID since the ID will match. Plus, you can use the ID Finder and PikaTimer together to help with hitting your desired delay, I did for my Platinum one.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's not neccesary, but it makes it alot easier than spending days/weeks reseting for it. Most of the time each reset takes ~2 minutes, but it's easy to tell if you hit the delay even if you can check SID since the ID will match. Plus, you can use the ID Finder and PikaTimer together to help with hitting your desired delay, I did for my Platinum one.

Depends on a lot of things...
Can take as short as 10 minutes, as long as 2 days.
Maybe even longer if you're really unlucky... o.O

EDIT:
Also, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any video's or anything regarding how to RNG Abuse with an AR...
Most people seem to believe it can't be done with an AR that you have to take out and put back in (from what I've seen).
I was wondering if anyone here would like me to make a tutorial on how to IV Abuse with an AR (for breeding).
If no on'e sreally interested, then s'all good :P
I would love it if you did that it would help me out a lot!
I've been trying to RNG abuse with an AR and am having a hard time.

Every nature is available on every WonderCard spread on any file, right? I only ask because I've been RNGing for over a week now and have not gotten the nature I want on my desired spread, and I seem to be getting mostly the same natures on it over and over.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Every nature is available on every WonderCard spread on any file, right? I only ask because I've been RNGing for over a week now and have not gotten the nature I want on my desired spread, and I seem to be getting mostly the same natures on it over and over.
I've had similar results with RNGing Wondercards with savestates. No matter what, I can't get an Adamant Mew.

I have been going through the Calibration Phase to find my average seconds and delay and can't seem to figure out why my seconds keep shifting between 16 and 46 on the reporter although the actual seconds are always 16 and my delays have been pretty constant.

I do have an AR inserted and that's probably what's causing this, but that's because I want to be able to check IVs/fast hatch/etc for new eggs. I was wondering for my target time if I should start the game at 16 seconds before or 46, even though it only takes 16 actual real life seconds to continue?

I have been going through the Calibration Phase to find my average seconds and delay and can't seem to figure out why my seconds keep shifting between 16 and 46 on the reporter although the actual seconds are always 16 my delays have been pretty constant.

I do have an AR inserted, but that's because I want to be able to check IVs/fast hatch/etc for new eggs. I was wondering if for my target time I should start 16 seconds before or 46, even though it only takes 16 actual real life seconds to continue?
I dont know if this is the case, but are you changing the time in the seed finder everytime you start a new calibration attempt??

I dont know if this is the case, but are you changing the time in the seed finder everytime you start a new calibration attempt??
Yes I am. I have been changing the time to keep up with every new calibration attempt. The reporter is able to find my seed and delay fine, however it keeps showing either 16 or 46 in the seconds slot. My actual time is 16 though.

Yes I am. I have been changing the time to keep up with every new calibration attempt. The reporter is able to find my seed and delay fine, however it keeps showing either 16 or 46 in the seconds slot. My actual time is 16 though.
hmmm, not quite sure If you have changed it then. Maybe one of the more experience guys can help, sorry I'm not sure?? Maybe the ds is adding the seconds??

hmmm, not quite sure If you have changed it then. Maybe one of the more experience guys can help, sorry I'm not sure?? Maybe the ds is adding the seconds??
Thank you for trying to help though. I'm pretty sure it's the AR that's changing it. I'm just curious as to whether I should use 16 seconds or 46 seconds in advance to my target time.

Thank you for trying to help though. I'm pretty sure it's the AR that's changing it. I'm just curious as to whether I should use 16 seconds or 46 seconds in advance to my target time.
I would always go with the reporter (46) but its better to get some advice from an RNG OG lol

Are you waiting for the full minute to go by before cold starting (I'm assuming you're cold starting because every AR I've seen won't keep it's codes work after a soft reset)? I know that most ARs put it to an average time of 16 seconds for any of the games (atleast for me), so could it be possible that you sometimes are waiting 30 seconds and others waiting a full minute?

Are you waiting for the full minute to go by before cold starting (I'm assuming you're cold starting because every AR I've seen won't keep it's codes work after a soft reset)? I know that most ARs put it to an average time of 16 seconds for any of the games (atleast for me), so could it be possible that you sometimes are waiting 30 seconds and others waiting a full minute?
Yes, I wait until the next minute to cold start. My average time is 16 seconds as well but I don't understand why sometimes it shows up as 16 or 46 and whether I should use 16 or 46 when trying to hit my target time.

Thank you for the help though. I'm wondering if anyone else had or has this problem and what they're doing.

Hey, dunno if anyone is interested in this or not, and I'm also NOT trying to self promote, but I made a guide on how to abuse for IV's and such when breeding with an AR. I did this because I didn't see a guide on it anywhere else. The guides are posted on Youtube, and I'll put a link in this post too.
IF THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN ANYWAY, PLEASE JUST DELETE THIS!

1. Calibration Phase w/ an AR
2. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 1
3. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 2

AGAIN, IF THIS INFRINGE'S ANYTHING, JUST DELETE THIS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)