Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hey, dunno if anyone is interested in this or not, and I'm also NOT trying to self promote, but I made a guide on how to abuse for IV's and such when breeding with an AR. I did this because I didn't see a guide on it anywhere else. The guides are posted on Youtube, and I'll put a link in this post too.
IF THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN ANYWAY, PLEASE JUST DELETE THIS!

1. Calibration Phase w/ an AR
2. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 1
3. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 2

AGAIN, IF THIS INFRINGE'S ANYTHING, JUST DELETE THIS!
all good :) - you can never get enough of tutorials. Everyone explains things differently or in a different style so it will help people. Im sure everyone will appreciate you helping out.

EDIT: wow he sounds like bearsfans so much - even with the ''handy dandy'' bit lol

Okay, if anyone knows the exact mathematical formula for taking your seed, and turning it into a PID (using Methods 1 & J), could they please post the formula? Also, if you post it, could you also post the formula that turns the PID into the frame/nature/time, etc, etc? That'd be great. If this belongs somewhere else, let me know and I will delete/move it.

Route 210 South

hey, i just want to confirm that this is route 210 south

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9NDXd8Zxho
at the beginning of this video

if so, will the the trainer walking back and forth advance my frame,or is it the same as the Buneary in the daycare, that doesnt? I want to abuse for a Scyther but wanted to make sure I had the right part and that the Trainers/Jogger wont cause too much problems.

hey, i just want to confirm that this is route 210 south

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9NDXd8Zxho
at the beginning of this video

if so, will the the trainer walking back and forth advance my frame,or is it the same as the Buneary in the daycare, that doesnt? I want to abuse for a Scyther but wanted to make sure I had the right part and that the Trainers/Jogger wont cause too much problems.
Route 210 South there is only 2 NPC's that move, one is the lady infront of the Cafe' which you have to battle while the other is the jogger which moves in a consistant pattern so he doesnt advance the frame =)

Route 210 North there are like 6 NPC's all of them controllable but 1 :(

Has anyone else besides Omega and I experienced difficulty with getting the same several natures over and over again on particular WonderCard spreads? I can't seem to get a Bold Arceus on my target frame after over a week of trying (several hours a day). There's about five or six natures that seem to keep showing up repeatedly on that spread, and I have gotten Bold on nearby spreads.

I'm wondering if it's just bad luck and I should keep trying, or if that nature/spread combo might not be available in my game (since we don't know about the ARNG) and I'm just wasting my time.

Does anyone have any input? Would it be at all beneficial to RNG research if I kept track of what spreads I hit and what natures I got with them? Thanks so much!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone else besides Omega and I experienced difficulty with getting the same several natures over and over again on particular WonderCard spreads? I can't seem to get a Bold Arceus on my target frame after over a week of trying (several hours a day). There's about five or six natures that seem to keep showing up repeatedly on that spread, and I have gotten Bold on nearby spreads.

I'm wondering if it's just bad luck and I should keep trying, or if that nature/spread combo might not be available in my game (since we don't know about the ARNG) and I'm just wasting my time.

Does anyone have any input? Would it be at all beneficial to RNG research if I kept track of what spreads I hit and what natures I got with them? Thanks so much!
Tell you what -- I'll trade you the flawless Timid Arceus I can't get for my flawless Bold one.

I'll post the PIDs of my Arceus\Mew\Jirachi wondercards later, see if there's some kind of pattern.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
If a shiny Manaphy (which I'm aware it will never hatch shiny on the game to which it is initially sent) is legit, will its PID/IV combinations appear as NS in Pokesav?

I got a shiny one in a trade and I found it weird that the GTS didn't accept battles with so I had it checked, and none of the PID/IV combinations appear as S (all of them are NS), and Legal.exe says it's a hacked Manaphy event.

Hey, dunno if anyone is interested in this or not, and I'm also NOT trying to self promote, but I made a guide on how to abuse for IV's and such when breeding with an AR. I did this because I didn't see a guide on it anywhere else. The guides are posted on Youtube, and I'll put a link in this post too.
IF THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN ANYWAY, PLEASE JUST DELETE THIS!

1. Calibration Phase w/ an AR
2. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 1
3. Egg IV Abuse w/ an AR - Part 2

AGAIN, IF THIS INFRINGE'S ANYTHING, JUST DELETE THIS!
Thank you very much. That solved it as I had my codes preloaded.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If a shiny Manaphy (which I'm aware it will never hatch shiny on the game to which it is initially sent) is legit, will its PID/IV combinations appear as NS in Pokesav?

I got a shiny one in a trade and I found it weird that the GTS didn't accept battles with so I had it checked, and none of the PID/IV combinations appear as S (all of them are NS), and Legal.exe says it's a hacked Manaphy event.
I remember Legal.exe saying my shiny Manaphy was fine. I wonder if it still would have similar problems with the GTS, though.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I remember Legal.exe saying my shiny Manaphy was fine. I wonder if it still would have similar problems with the GTS, though.
If it is hacked (or appears as hacked), the GTS won't even allow you to offer it for trading.

Thank you very much. That solved it as I had my codes preloaded.
No problem :3
I was doing the same thing before and hoping I could speed up the process, but on further examination, I found that I could never hit the same frame no matter how hard I tried.
So I played around with it, and now we know not to use the preloaded codes :P

just a quick question.... when RNGing a wondercard poke... does the frame automatically start at 1? or would I find the frame the same way as if I were hatching a pokemon?

Stuck again :(

I just want confirmation as to which is correct. When you hit the continue button and your initial journal page comes up with captured / defeated [Pokémon], does it advance the frame by 2 or not? I watched both bearsfan and SparkTEHfuze's videos and both say that it does advance it by 2, however, on this page of the DPP RNG guide, it states

Flip to a page where it says captured / defeated [Pokémon]. Do this three times to advance the frame from 6 to 12. No more, no less. Do not count the journal's initial appearance as a page flip. Each flip to a page with captured / defeated advances the frame by 2, so adjust accordingly based on your calibration frame and your target frame.
This also brings me to another question...If my initial journal page does advance the frame by 2, my save frame is 5, and the only spreads I can find need a frame of 5, how can I fix this? I have already searched through numerous year/month combinations and all I find is target frame 5.

Stuck again :(

I just want confirmation as to which is correct. When you hit the continue button and your initial journal page comes up with captured / defeated [Pokémon], does it advance the frame by 2 or not? I watched both bearsfan and SparkTEHfuze's videos and both say that it does advance it by 2, however, on this page of the DPP RNG guide, it states

This also brings me to another question...If my initial journal page does advance the frame by 2, my save frame is 5, and the only spreads I can find need a frame of 5, how can I fix this? I have already searched through numerous year/month combinations and all I find is target frame 5.
The pop up page of the journal advances the frame when capturing,so it must be the same when breeding,im not sure though.Also if you want to stop the page from poping up each time you reset,save one day before the day you are supposed to reset.

Hope that helps.

The pop up page of the journal advances the frame when capturing,so it must be the same when breeding,im not sure though.Also if you want to stop the page from poping up each time you reset,save one day before the day you are supposed to reset.

Hope that helps.
In that case, I'll take it that the initial journal page advances the frame. So should that statement in the RNG guide be changed?

So all I have to do is save one day before my target time, advance my day and time to the minute before, hit my target time/delay, and it'll still work without the journal?

So all I have to do is save one day before my target time, advance my day and time to the minute before, hit my target time/delay, and it'll still work without the journal?
Save one day before your target,save again on your target day and then you 're free to change the time.The journal pops up if you haven't saved for 2 days before playing the game again,so saving on day before your target should get rid of the journal.

Save one day before your target,save again on your target day and then you 're free to change the time.The journal pops up if you haven't saved for 2 days before playing the game again,so saving on day before your target should get rid of the journal.
Thank you for the help, i'll give it a couple attempts :)

Edit2: Solved.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm catching some pokemon.
Can I use a spread like 20/31/23/25/30/31 to get different natures?
I mean using this spread, can i use a synchronizer to get the nature i want?

Thank you for the help, i'll give it a couple attempts :)

Edit: Before I attempt, since I already saved in front of the egg, if I go to the day before, the journal still appears. If I continue in the game (journal advanced frame by 2), save on that day, does that affect the save frame for the egg?
Yes because the NPCs will be in a different position so your starting frame will be different

No, changing your sync will only change the amount of times that spread will appear.

No,spreads and natures are bound when capturing pokes.So you'll have to use the nature the reporter says.The synchronizer helps only if it's of the same nature as the spread,as it allows you to have the spread on a more wide range of frames.Having a synchronizer of a different nature wont help at all.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Another question:

I have this formula:

RNG advances: Target frame - Monster Frame - Number of wandering pokemon

What's the number of wandering pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)