Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've determined that I'm saved on a frame of six, and i'm trying to get this frame

Time- 17:01:14
Delay: 645
Frame: 12

So I set my DS clock to 17:00 loaded up my game, reset at 17:01, and then hit my continue screen in about 14 seconds. My journal popped up with a "caught ____" page, so I flipped two more times to get to the frame of twelve. I closed the journal and collected the egg as quickly as possible, but after I hatched it and leveled it up to check the IV's, none of the adjacent spreads matched what the IV calculator came up with. Did I do a step of this process wrong?
Im pretty sure you were off by 2 Frames. Because you counted the First Page as a Flip but the IV's of the Egg already count that when your trying to find the Frame of your Egg because you automatically enter the game with it open. So do 3 Flips instead of 2

He was asking if you were consistently hitting the wrong spread, and if so what is the spread that you are hitting. I take it you've ruled out International parents then.

EDIT: I can probably help more if you tell me what spread you're aiming for and what spread you're hitting.
well... for now i'm just trying to hit anything... I mean... absolutely anything to make sure it will be shiny... just to test it... anyway... i'm gonna be back in an hour or so and maybe then I could try again? thanks for the help

Im pretty sure you were off by 2 Frames. Because you counted the First Page as a Flip but the IV's of the Egg already count that when your trying to find the Frame of your Egg because you automatically enter the game with it open. So do 3 Flips instead of 2
alright, i'll try that, thanks!

and i'm a little fuzzy on what counts as a journal flip, I have two pages next to each other, one with a "caught ____" (i'll call it 1) and one with "Got ___ from ___" (wifi trade, and i'll call it 2). so would

1>2 count as a flip
or 1>2>1 count as a flip?

well... for now i'm just trying to hit anything... I mean... absolutely anything to make sure it will be shiny... just to test it... anyway... i'm gonna be back in an hour or so and maybe then I could try again? thanks for the help
It would be a lot easier to help if I knew what spread you were aiming for originally, and what spread you were hitting. However, if you are just trying to hit ANY shiny PID to verify that it works, then here's something you can try. Start the game, figure out your initial seed (through a wild capture), find a shiny PID on that seed (make sure it's your ID/SID in RNG Reporter), and then Tap/Flip however many times you need to. Keep track of which seed and frame you are aiming for and which one you hit, and then with that info you can deduce what's going wrong (if you are still missing your target).

EDIT: @Aviator - 2>1 will count as a flip. If you are starting with the journal on 1 that will also count as a flip. It's easier to think about it as counting the number of times you see a page with a "____ caught/defeated" message.

huh you use the DS clock so the max you can have is 23:59 and the min 00:00 you don't use your playing time
OO, i get it.
But, i'm using carts.. its r4 *sorry for the post*
how should i know the time?

EDIT, i see the time in the calendar. thanks anyway.. ^^.

It would be a lot easier to help if I knew what spread you were aiming for originally, and what spread you were hitting. However, if you are just trying to hit ANY shiny PID to verify that it works, then here's something you can try. Start the game, figure out your initial seed (through a wild capture), find a shiny PID on that seed (make sure it's your ID/SID in RNG Reporter), and then Tap/Flip however many times you need to. Keep track of which seed and frame you are aiming for and which one you hit, and then with that info you can deduce what's going wrong (if you are still missing your target).

EDIT: @Aviator - 2>1 will count as a flip. If you are starting with the journal on 1 that will also count as a flip. It's easier to think about it as counting the number of times you see a page with a "____ caught/defeated" message.

well... how would I find out what seed I did hit? (after doing the taps and flips and getting the egg right?)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well... how would I find out what seed I did hit? (after doing the taps and flips and getting the egg right?)
You answered your own question, the coinflips tell you what seed you got or you can go catch something real quick to check it preferably above lv. 50 unless your using an AR to check IVs

You answered your own question, the coinflips tell you what seed you got or you can go catch something real quick to check it preferably above lv. 50 unless your using an AR to check IVs
well... like I mean... when I find that out... how will that help me figure out what I did wrong?

sorry about all the questions, but i have another one- After I reset my game, hit continue at my target time, flip the journal, and collect my egg, can i go catch a wild pokemon and plug it into the seed finder just to verify that i've hit my target time and delay?

sorry about all the questions, but i have another one- After I reset my game, hit continue at my target time, flip the journal, and collect my egg, can i go catch a wild pokemon and plug it into the seed finder just to verify that i've hit my target time and delay?
actually... just use the coin flip... it tells you whether you hit the time/delay or not

So I just flip the coin 10 times, write down how it lands and compare it to the "flip sequence" for my target time/delay?
oh my gosh, that so much easier! I feel so stupid! XD

is Magikarp heads or tails?
Magikarp is Heads, and yes if the 10 Coin Flips match you hit your target Delay
EDIT: Beat =(

ok... so my initial seed when I turned on the game was 6D1202A4 in order to get the easiest shiny (Adamant... PID:68EFE317) it said I needed to do 84 double taps and 0 coin flips... I did the taps and then switched away from the happiness checker to the coin flip app and didnt do any flips... once I hatched the egg... it was adamant (maybe a fluke) and what do I do now? how can I figure out what I did wrong?

ok... so my initial seed when I turned on the game was 6D1202A4 in order to get the easiest shiny (Adamant... PID:68EFE317) it said I needed to do 84 double taps and 0 coin flips... I did the taps and then switched away from the happiness checker to the coin flip app and didnt do any flips... once I hatched the egg... it was adamant (maybe a fluke) and what do I do now? how can I figure out what I did wrong?
When you start the game is the first APP you have on the Happiness Checker? If so thats whats messing you up, other then that i dont know ;__; Or you could've messed up your Taps...

no... I counted my taps out aloud... and no... I always start on the app before the happiness checker....
Are you sure you're using the right ID/SID in RNG Reporter? It seems like you hit the right spread (the next nearest adamant spread that is hittable with only happiness checker taps is 4 taps away). Was the egg female and have Ability 1?

I'm trying to figure out RNGing, and I've ran across a question in the guide. I saved right before the daycareman who has a nice naive trapinch waiting (i'm still in the frame collaberation phase). steps 8 and 9 on the guide say encounter and catch a pokemon (I assume i catch a pokemon from just outside of the solaceon, right?). step 10 says:

Select "Breeding (DPPt)" and then click "Generate" with this initial seed.
What exactly does that mean? I have to find the seed for that pokemon I caught? Also, should I be flying off to the battle frontier, where there are higher level pokemon, or should I find seed by IVs?

The easiest method (imo) is to collect the egg and check your seed with coin flips. Once you know your seed you have to figure out which frame that pokemon came from (it's no coincidence this is called frame calibration). Hatch the egg and determine its IVs. Find the matching IVs in RNG Reporter. This can be done by using the "Breeding (DPPt)" choice from the drop down menu, or you can "Generate Adjacent Results" with a large enough range in the DPPt Egg IV Time Finder.

Once you have that frame (the earliest frame you can hit), then you calculate how many journal flips are necessary to hit the desired frame.

Are you sure you're using the right ID/SID in RNG Reporter? It seems like you hit the right spread (the next nearest adamant spread that is hittable with only happiness checker taps is 4 taps away). Was the egg female and have Ability 1?

it was female, yes... but only has one ability possihble.... and yes... it's my ID/SID (never change)

Well damn, I'm stumped then. According to your original question you're doing everything right. Full party while doing taps, happiness checker isn't the first app on load, you switch off of the HC when finished, and you've done it before. If you check the PID of the egg you get you can find out for sure what frame you are landing on, and by extension what is going wrong.

EDIT: There is another female Adamant spread on frame 681 (84 taps with 4 pokemon in your party). That is officially my last idea though, I don't know what else could even go wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)