Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I read that you have to have caught the gyarados several times and record. If you already have it, you can't get your sid. I restarted my heart gold game when I read that and have caught gyarados several times. I think the only way to get to get the sid is to catch it several times. You can put in the information in the chain to sid, but I don't think anything will come up.

Yes, with 4~8 Gyarados I would get only 1 result of SID, but with 1 Gyarados I get 328 SIDs. I would like to see this SID list so I can test them one by one and narrow the right one. 328 is definitely worse than 1, but is, too, definitely better than 8192.

Omega donut wrote that it is possible to calculate your sid by catching multiple red gyarados and recording there stats, natures, ect and then putting that into chain to sid.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, with 4~8 Gyarados I would get only 1 result of SID, but with 1 Gyarados I get 328 SIDs. I would like to see this SID list so I can test them one by one and narrow the right one. 328 is definitely worse than 1, but is, too, definitely better than 8192.
I'm sorry, there is no facility to do this. You best bet is to use the simple request thread to have some find your sid for you.

I was wondering if someone can help me with RNGing in HG/SS.
Im attempting to RNG ho-oh. My target seed is 9e0e029a, and my target frame is 505. I haven't tried RNGing it yet, but im unsure what to do from here. Also, PokeRNG gave me this seed shiny, but RNGReporter will not show anything when i click "Shiny Only."

Check EVERYTHING. ID, SID, all personal info. Chances are somethings different.

@Mingot

So you can't find your SID by catching multiple Red Gyaradoses?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So you can't find it by Gyarados?
Of course you can, you just need to be able to catch 4/5 of them. He only has one and has saved past the point where he can get more. There is nothing that can be done for him.

Im attempting to RNG ho-oh. My target seed is 9e0e029a, and my target frame is 505. I haven't tried RNGing it yet, but im unsure what to do from here. Also, PokeRNG gave me this seed shiny, but RNGReporter will not show anything when i click "Shiny Only."
As a more specific question of you want someone to help you.

Ah. I thought I'd read somewhere that since he was a 100% shiny that voided all chance of that working. Sorry.

Why do the quotes call people fat?

Mingot, I haven't saved my game after catching the red gyarados. I caught it several times and put the info from serebii's iv calc into the chain to sid in the rng reporter, but it wouldn't work. After several calculation, I get 0 possibilites. I have theorized that the ivs weren't accurate. Should I level up and record the ev and go to metalkid calc?

I'm sorry, there is no facility to do this. You best bet is to use the simple request thread to have some find your sid for you.
I could make one, I just need to know how chained shinies are generated (I read something about an algorithm).

Or I could do that by understanding how RNG Reporter gets compatible SIDs given my pokemon's IVs, nature and gender and my ID.

mingot

free agent
Mingot, I haven't saved my game after catching the red gyarados. I caught it several times and put the info from serebii's iv calc into the chain to sid in the rng reporter, but it wouldn't work. After several calculation, I get 0 possibilites. I have theorized that the ivs weren't accurate. Should I level up and record the ev and go to metalkid calc?
That IV calculator you used is no good. You need exact IVs, so yes, use metalkids.

I could make one, I just need to know how chained shinies are generated (I read something about an algorithm).

Or I could do that by understanding how RNG Reporter gets compatible SIDs given my pokemon's IVs, nature and gender and my ID.
http://rngreporter.codeplex.com

have fun.

Metalkid gives me several options for each stat. I think I should level up the gyarados 5 times to level 45 and record the stat, ev, iv, nature, ect to get less options. Then put that info into metalkid, but I'm not sure that might work.

I only got 6 rare candies in hg because I couldn't get any farther in the game because I can't get past gyarados. I have to get my sid. So yeah...

Or you could trade me a pokemon from your game and I can just give you your SID. By far the easiest thing you could do to get your SID. VM me about it.

Metalkid gives me several options for each stat. I think I should level up the gyarados 5 times to level 45 and record the stat, ev, iv, nature, ect to get less options. Then put that info into metalkid, but I'm not sure that might work.
Serebii gives the same range in IVs as well; don't look at their "average" column, it's a pretty useless column.

Can I get some help on the Roamer method? I dont have a pokemon with pokerus but I have all of the roamers running around and I saved right where you get the legendary pokemon from the arseus event and i need to rng it.

Omega donut wrote that it is possible to calculate your sid by catching multiple red gyarados and recording there stats, natures, ect and then putting that into chain to sid.
I know this is a bit late but you COULD just record the date/time you entered the game and put your ID into Wild Eep's ID Fnder. That's what I did up until I learned to (S)ID Abuse in HGSS.

Yup, the order matters. After you confirm your seed via the 10 flips, you should be doing your taps first, and then switch back to do the remaining flips. You didn't mention how many pokémon are in your party, but I'm going to assume that you have 6, because if you don't, that too will mess up your results. Hope that helps!
Thank you for your help, I really wasted like 4 hours yesterday trying different seeds. I got it now.

Im attempting to RNG ho-oh. My target seed is 9e0e029a, and my target frame is 505. I found a target time in 2009 12 31 14:29:13 657 delay. Since i cant SR, i add 400 delay (thanks OmegaDount). Can i use emloop for RNGing this? Also, before changing the time, do i need to save in any certain location, like in front of the ladder in the burnt tower?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)