Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll tell you exactly why! Pidgey's stats are too low, so they aren't high enough for RNGReporter (or anything else for that matter) to calculate their IV's. You would have to have a RIDICULOUSLY high lvl Pidgey to do it, and even then, the results wouldn't be reliable!

Have YOU ever had a Pidgey work? Please, tell us!
ok the pokemon you use does not matter, as long as you can determine its IVs or get it to a high enough level it makes no difference. I have used pidgeys, weedle, caterpies, etc pokemon with low base stats.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Pidgey NEVER, EVER works. EVER. It's stats are too sucky.

2. Perfectly acceptable pokemon, such as lvl 50 Roselias, are sometimes randomly rejected by RNGReporter, giving you the good ol' 'INVALID DATE AND TIME'. Proven and true!
#2 Bullshit.

Of course the species doesn't matter, but the stats aren't high enough to calculate it's IV's! Again, does anyone have a working spread?

Absolutely NOT bullshit, thank you. If I had a camcorder, I would make a video RIGHT now to prove you wrong.

I still seem to get nothing. -_- And I still can't seem to find any reason for why this keeps happening. Is it still possible to download 7.10? I had no problems like this with it.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Year: 2010, Month: 5, Date: 14, Hour: 19, Minute: 40 (I registered this at the moment I entered in "Continue"), Pokémon: Raticate, Nature: Calm, Characteristic: Hates to Lose, Level: 50, HP: 126, Atk: 81, Def: 71, SpA: 66, SpD: 94, Spe: 108.

So far I've had the same problem 6 times.
Hey, genius, your time is 0700, not 1900. 7AM and not 7PM.

mingot

free agent
Of course the species doesn't matter, but the stats aren't high enough to calculate it's IV's! Again, does anyone have a working spread?

Absolutely NOT bullshit, thank you. If I had a camcorder, I would make a video RIGHT now to prove you wrong.
Uh, that has nothing to do with "invalid date and time". When the software says that it means that you have entered an invalid date and time.

When the pokemon is not a high enough level the message is There were too many combinations of IV possibilities to accurately find your intitial seed (x) please try with a higher level Pokemon"

OK OK no need for offenses, Jesus. Yeah, thanks.
Sorry, guy above pissing me off :P

God I wish I had a video camera. Mingot, I have restarted in Platinum, to RNG all the legends shiny. As soon as I get access to the Resort Area again, I will get my mom's camera and make a video. You have my word. But you gotta accept the outcome.

Uh, that has nothing to do with "invalid date and time". When the software says that it means that you have entered an invalid date and time.

When the pokemon is not a high enough level the message is There were too many combinations of IV possibilities to accurately find your intitial seed (x) please try with a higher level Pokemon"

Sorry, guy above pissing me off :P
Still doesn't work. D: I changed the 20 for 8 for correct time, then caught a new poke, and still nothing. D: I'll just give up, RNG reporter hates me T.T

mingot

free agent
Sorry for my excessive posting, but could someone please answer my question?
No one knows.

And since I can't think of a good reason to care I am not sure why anyone would want to spend time testing it. I think you are probably on your own.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There are two seeds. Unreliable.
one would only make sense if he were using a timer the other is reasonable if he was just button mashing I chose the lower delay based on the assumption that he is button mashing its common sense to figure out which is yours.

mingot

free agent
God I wish I had a video camera. Mingot, I have restarted in Platinum, to RNG all the legends shiny. As soon as I get access to the Resort Area again, I will get my mom's camera and make a video. You have my word. But you gotta accept the outcome.
Whatever.

Out of the 20,000+ posts here, over 1000 of them have been "initial seed finder does not work!". Out of that 1,000 *one* has been a bug.

If you find a reproducible test case that exposes a bug I will fix it and move on with life. But until you have a reproducible test case (and I dont care for/need a video, just the data) I'd like you to shut up about it.

Fair enough?

yeah as long as you button mashed your delay will not be over 700. I get 2 seeds all the time but when the second one says 1024 or something, I know that's not right.

As far as my RNG is going, back when I was resetting without emerald in, I would usually get a series of flips that RNG reporter accepted and found a delay for (my As far as my RNG is going, back when I was resetting without emerald in, I would usually get a series of flips that RNG reporter accepted and found a delay for (my target is 608, i hit 615 twice and 603 twice). Since I've put emerald in (since I thought this would make my delays even), I've resetted five times, and all 5 times RNG reporter has failed to find my flip combo within +-2 seconds and a +-20 frame delay range. What the hell happened, guys?

EDIT: after 7 tries, the same problem. :<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)