Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

"Okay, cool. First thing to do is get your parents at the ready, then save in front of the daycare lady with your parents in your party. Then, you need to find a suitable shiny spread. For this, go to the Time Finder in RNG Reporter, select the "Shiny Egg" tab, and enter the desired nature, ability (Poison Heal is Ability 1), gender, and the gender ratio (50/50 for breloom). Enter your ID and SID, then check the HGSS Shiny Egg box, and the International Parents box if applicable (if your parents are of different languages, for example a japanese ditto and an english breloom). The time is irrelevant at the moment as we can change that later, but for the delay, make the minimum around 750, up to about 850. Then hit generate. For delays this short, pick a delay that matches the odd/even pattern you got while calibrating (ie, if you got all odd, pick a spread with an odd delay, and vice versa for even)"

Okay, I got to this part in the RNGing. Can someone please help me ?

EDIT: Also, is capturing, or breeding easier?

Ok I just hit my target seed in my attempt to rng breed for a non-shiny modest female cyndaquil, which is on frame 5, meaning that my fifth egg is supposed to be modest and female right? what confuses me is that it was actually my 4th egg that came out modest and female. is this just a coincidence or is it supposed to be 1 less?

People normally go for low egg frames and if there are none they use Joey to advance the PRNG to get the egg with the nature wanted.

I'm sorry but could you explain to me how calling joey will get me the egg with the nature i want? aside from advancing the frame by 2, is calling joey different from calling elm?

Or if you could direct me to a post/thread that explains this, i would appreciate that. thanks.

Calling Joey advances the PRNG by two. So to hit a frame of 5 for eggs as calling Elm does not advance this PRNG which is what determines the things for eggs you should call Joey twice and then have the egg created.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Calling Joey advances the PRNG by two. So to hit a frame of 5 for eggs as calling Elm does not advance this PRNG which is what determines the things for eggs you should call Joey twice and then have the egg created.
I think you mean IRNG not PRNG

Well i can still advance the frame by receiving/rejecting eggs, right? I did this and i my target pokemon was on the 4th egg, not the 5th like i thought (for frame 5). what happened here?

I'll try calling joey twice to land on frame 5. also, what is the IRNG and how is it different from the regular rng? Thanks a bunch for the help guys!

Well, RNGing for IVs has been hell compared to RNGing for shinies.

When I was doing the calibrating phase I got 490-504.

Now, Riski says to use my usual delay (I'd say about 500) into the min box and the maximum delay is 200 + that. However, now I can't properly hit my target time with a delay in the 690's. I used to do it fine in 14 seconds, and now it happens in 15. What's most annoying is pikatimer is set to work for 14 seconds, but keeps landing me on 15.

When I readjust for a seed for 15, I keep landing on 14.

Gosh, this is such a headache!

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well i can still advance the frame by receiving/rejecting eggs, right? I did this and i my target pokemon was on the 4th egg, not the 5th like i thought (for frame 5)

I'll try calling joey twice to land on frame 5. also, what is the IRNG and how is it different from the regular rng? Thanks a bunch for the help guys!
yes you can still advance the IRG by rejecting/collecting eggs. The IRNG stands for the incubator RNG and is what determines the nature, ability, gender, shininess of an bred pokemon. Furthermore, it is used in other parts of the game to determine other events but I won't other going into detail.

Oh, whoops. I have not checked this thread often after I got back from Hershey Park, only came to ask questions about DPPt RNG and Wondercard RNG, I remember how to RNG on HGSS though, just forgot the terminology.

Why is it that when I use ShinyFinder to look for a specific nature/gender (I have the HGSS Shiny box unchecked, on the 4th Generation Time Finder page -> shiny egg), the column for Frames isn't listed? I am not looking for a shiny egg. The Frames column only shows up when I check the HGSS Shiny Egg box.

I thought I did everything right. I hit my correct second(Jun 21 15:54:29)/delay(487)/seed(D10F01F1) which was verified with elm calls (EKKKEEKKPEEK), and I stored the parents Typhlosion and Ditto (no everstone) right after verifying my seed. Since there was no column for frames in the 4th generation Time Finder window (again, i left the HGSS Shiny Egg box unchecked), I assumed that the egg i wanted would be on the first frame and all I had to do was store the parents asap (without having to worry about advancing frames, there was no column for it on RNG Reporter...) and collect the first generated egg. And yet I didn't get a modest female cyndaquil. What am i doing wrong? :/ Please help.

You need to have the HGSS Shiny Egg Box CHECKED! Otherwise it thinks you are using DPPt. You go and simply put in a random TID/SID such as someone else's if you want it to be shiny in their game if it hatches in their game at least. So let's say you put in a TID/SID combo of 44331 for the ID and 03120 for the SID the egg will hatch non-shiny in your game, but shiny in mine.

OK so I need to have the HGSS Shiny Egg Box checked even if i DON'T want a shiny, right? OK...

And both calling Youngster Joey as well as generating an egg will advance the IRNG by 1? So if my starting frame is one, will generating my first egg automatically advance my frame to 2? Doesn't this make receiving an egg on frame 1 impossible? Does the frame advance by 1 after the egg is collected or generated?

So if I verify my seed in HG/SS (I catch a level 50+ Pokémon on the mountainside of Mt. Silver Cave), I can use the same DPPt Egg PID method in RNG Reporter to find a spread I want, advance the IRNG by calling one of the trainers, and then proceed to the daycare and deposit my Pokémon just like with the Pokétch in D/P/Pt?

Well, RNGing for IVs has been hell compared to RNGing for shinies.

When I was doing the calibrating phase I got 490-504.

Now, Riski says to use my usual delay (I'd say about 500) into the min box and the maximum delay is 200 + that. However, now I can't properly hit my target time with a delay in the 690's. I used to do it fine in 14 seconds, and now it happens in 15. What's most annoying is pikatimer is set to work for 14 seconds, but keeps landing me on 15.

When I readjust for a seed for 15, I keep landing on 14.

Gosh, this is such a headache!
Try leaving your delay at around 500 when looking for a good seed, which will make it easier. Also, set pikatimer for 14, then find a seed at 15, but don't change pikatimer to 15. I use a seed with 16 and set it at 15.

So if I verify my seed in HG/SS (I catch a level 50+ Pokémon on the mountainside of Mt. Silver Cave), I can use the same DPPt Egg PID method in RNG Reporter to find a spread I want, advance the IRNG by calling one of the trainers, and then proceed to the daycare and deposit my Pokémon just like with the Pokétch in D/P/Pt?
Yes, you can. But if you're searching for a shiny, then just aim for a target spread and abuse it because making 100+ phone calls sucks big time.

Okay, a friend who had me come here and is helping me learn this stuff said I should post here about ... well.. this. I'm looking to catch good shinys of uxie/mespirit/azelf and he said there was a list somewhere for setting your stuff just right to get the stats and everything how you want them.

"Amp: the forum should already list a bunch, like you can catch a timid with 31 all IVs if you set your calender to X and get some specific second / journal flips or somesuch"

Are you able to leave the SID out of the Shiny Egg tab if you want to just get the desired nature and ability?

Just to clarify, if I want to breed a shiny on HGSS, I have to match my calls twice-once to get the nature/shiny/ability/gender, then once that's verified, I reset for IVs? That seems like it would take longer than on DPPt.

OK so I need to have the HGSS Shiny Egg Box checked even if i DON'T want a shiny, right? OK...

And both calling Youngster Joey as well as generating an egg will advance the IRNG by 1? So if my starting frame is one, will generating my first egg automatically advance my frame to 2? Doesn't this make receiving an egg on frame 1 impossible? Does the frame advance by 1 after the egg is collected or generated?
No, calling Joey skips TWO, that means the next one you take will be on frame THREE. The IRNG starts at ZERO unlike the PRNG.

No, calling Joey skips TWO, that means the next one you take will be on frame THREE. The IRNG starts at ZERO unlike the PRNG.
Wait... does it advance it by 2 or 3? Since it starts at 0, if it advances it by 2, it would be 0 + 2 = 2, and if it advances it by 3, it would be 0 + 3 = 3, right?

EDIT: Thanks, COKTAL.

If I want to hit a IRNG frame of 5 I would call Joey twice. That would be 0 + 2 + 2 = 4. That means I am still off one, so I receive the egg which advances it by 1 so it is 4 + 1 = 5.

Okay, the IRNG starts at frame 0 (really 1 once the first egg is generated). So no egg (frame 0). Say target is 4. So call Joey 1. That means that it will be frame 2 without the egg generated, so 3 with it generated. Take/deny 1st egg, and generate another. That means this egg is frame 4.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After a long time of calibration on HGSS, I've narrowed my seconds down to 13 and the delay in the range of 483-493. Does this seem about right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)