Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sorry, I type normally before I think and there are mostly males on these forums from what I am seeing, I'll edit my post right now though.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
New page repost.
Pokewalker pokemon have their IVs generated using the Wondercard method so use the frames given there when your looking up spreads on RNG reporter. The target time is the time the game starts, so that's why pokewalker seeds must have a delay of 0 because the initial seed is determined at the instant the game starts.

EDIT: this post has more info and I suggest looking at the last 3 pages of the RNG research thread for more info http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2634864&postcount=250

So I ignore the normal 16 seconds it takes me to enter the game. Okay, that helps clear alot of stuff up for me. One last question. Does Wichu's RNG use 2000 for the base year when searching for spreads, or 2009 (since that was when it was made)?

Is it possible to RNG abuse without using the computer program rng reporter? If its possible would someone send me the link?

I currently don't have an usb cable, and I'm using linux ubuntu!

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I ignore the normal 16 seconds it takes me to enter the game. Okay, that helps clear alot of stuff up for me. One last question. Does Wichu's RNG use 2000 for the base year when searching for spreads, or 2009 (since that was when it was made)?
I recommend taking a look at Omegadonut's post on the last few pages of the RNG research thread for spreads, Zari as well was nice enough to post some spreads on the last couple of pages.

I just wanted to make sure this was the reporter and not me. I didn't notice at the time, but apparently, I choose the same seed as a previous time, but I chose a different gender. So regardless of the gender I choose, I'm still going to get the same gender as the last time when I used the same seed. Does the reporter just ignore this?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking JRT, but you have to remeber that different pokemon have a different percentage to be either male or female, so it's possible for a spread to give both a female and a male, and it depends on the species. Not sure if that answered your question though.

I thought I was pretty much deciding the gender when I choose in the reporter. I didn't it was still about chance

Ok. So I figured I was going to begin my quest to learning the RNG for HGSS by breeding my first shiny egg. I just read some guides, and I'll go more indepth into them tomorrow when I have my DS in hand.

Just some preliminary questions. Get ready because they're likely very stupid ones.

-What exactly is a delay and what does it mean to me?
-I see a lot about hitting your delay and hitting your time, does that mean that I need to be extremely accurate down to the second in hitting a button for something? >.>
-How easy is it more or less to get the hang of this? How long does it take to do successfully? (just making a shiny egg).
-Do I need any program other than RNG reporter? Would anything else make this easier for me?
-I don't yet have an AR, so I'll try to catch a high leveled pokemon. Must it be above 50? If so, where's the best place to catch a level 50?
-After I do everything I need to do, and am ready to generate an egg, can cycling from golden rod and back down to the daycare man screw up my frames?

Well I chose the Nature, Ability, and Gender (which was male), And everything came out right, but the Gender was Female. And again, I had used this seed before, and before it said Female.

Remember that each frame for that seed corresponds to a gender for a specific poke (species). So unless you were breeding the same poke, it might not be the same.

It all depends on the 12.5/25/50 percent thing.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but here is something interesting that I found for HeartGold. I got myself the seed 9D120283. I used the DPPt Egg PID finder to find out if this was a good seed for hatching an Adamant Swift swimming kabuto. It was worth a try, and I noticed that as I picked up my eggs, the nature / ability corresponded to the even results (2 and 4). Then I got a call from Ernest, which I ignored. My next egg matched the 7th result for my seed, and the one after that matched my 9th. (I was shooting for 10, so I prayed that maybe this was a glitch. I got a call from Billy (curse you and your better than average Ratata), and my next egg matched the 12th result of my seed. So I thought, does the IRNG of HG(SS?) advance by one when receiving phone calls, with the norm having it go by 2?

Is there a ShinyFinder program for HG/SS yet? I just bred a hexflawless totodile but I have not yet bothered to learn how to rng for nature/ability/gender/shinyness in HG/SS...is it the same as in DPPt?

Is there a ShinyFinder program for HG/SS yet? I just bred a hexflawless totodile but I have not yet bothered to learn how to rng for nature/ability/gender/shinyness in HG/SS...is it the same as in DPPt?
yes, it's part of the new rngreporter. it's under 4th gen timefinder and it's the shiny egg tab.

rnging for nature/ability etc is different in hg/ss because there are no more coin flips and happiness taps. while this thread has information for rnging those things, i suggest checking riski's thread for her guides on how to rng in hg/ss.

Not exactly, for now we can only use odd frames because the only way to advance an egg is by calling youngster joey +2 frames. You have to make sure to click on HG/SS when you use shiny egg finder.

Umm still need help. Pleassseeeee.
Hi, I had the same problem as I'm a Mac user as well, but I found a solution that is much easier than Bootcamp, you can set up a virtual computer inside your Mac and then download Ubuntu Linux inside the virtual computer which is capable of running the RNG reporter. Here's a link that will help you set it up:http://www.tuaw.com/2009/09/07/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-linux-on-a-mac-its-easy-and-free/ It's pretty easy to get that part set up, next you'll need to download something called Wine, the easiest way is to just click Applications>Ubuntu Software Center> and search for "Wine" should be the first thing to pop up. Then go ahead and download the RNG Reporter which you should be able to right click on and click an option that will say something like "Open with Wine". Click that, you should then be able to use the RNG Reporter although I have trouble with not being able to see the check boxes but they work even though they are invisible.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten something, it was horrible trying to figure how to set up Wine as all the websites I found kept telling me to enter codes when it turned out I could easily click around for it. Anyway hope this helps.

Not exactly, for now we can only use odd frames because the only way to advance an egg is by calling youngster joey +2 frames. You have to make sure to click on HG/SS when you use shiny egg finder.
Where can i find youngster joey? Also, I'm saved at mt silver with lv 50 snorlax as a lead with super repel on and i'm catching lv 50+ pokemon to determine what seed i land on. let's say i want a non-shiny adamant nature and it's on frame 12. when/where should i start advancing the frame? as soon as i catch my lv 50 pkmn? or when i fly over to the day care? (prior to storing my parents of course). i already know in dppt you need to tap the happiness checker and flip a certain number of coins to land on the desired nature/gender/ability right after catching a high-level pokemon. but in hg/ss there's no such poketech apps. basically, once i've found the seed i started the game with, what exactly do i need to do to get the nature i want in hg/ss? THANKS in advance!

Where can i find youngster joey? Also, I'm saved at mt silver with lv 50 snorlax as a lead with super repel on and i'm catching lv 50+ pokemon to determine what seed i land on. let's say i want a non-shiny adamant nature and it's on frame 12. when/where should i start advancing the frame? as soon as i catch my lv 50 pkmn? or when i fly over to the day care? (prior to storing my parents of course). i already know in dppt you need to tap the happiness checker and flip a certain number of coins to land on the desired nature/gender/ability after catching a high-level pokemon/before storing parents. but in hg/ss there's no such poketech apps. basically, once i've found the seed i started the game with, what exactly do i need to do to get the nature i want in hg/ss? THANKS in advance!
I dont capture a pokemon unless I am complete loss, you have to call professor elm to verify your seed (it is quicker). Joey is the first trainer you meet north of prof elm.
better read the 2nd post as this is kind of redundent.

Hi, I had the same problem as I'm a Mac user as well, but I found a solution that is much easier than Bootcamp, you can set up a virtual computer inside your Mac and then download Ubuntu Linux inside the virtual computer which is capable of running the RNG reporter. Here's a link that will help you set it up:http://www.tuaw.com/2009/09/07/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-linux-on-a-mac-its-easy-and-free/ It's pretty easy to get that part set up, next you'll need to download something called Wine, the easiest way is to just click Applications>Ubuntu Software Center> and search for "Wine" should be the first thing to pop up. Then go ahead and download the RNG Reporter which you should be able to right click on and click an option that will say something like "Open with Wine". Click that, you should then be able to use the RNG Reporter although I have trouble with not being able to see the check boxes but they work even though they are invisible.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten something, it was horrible trying to figure how to set up Wine as all the websites I found kept telling me to enter codes when it turned out I could easily click around for it. Anyway hope this helps.
Mmkayy, so this works? and contains no viruses nd stuff?

"Hatching for shiny Eggs\Eggs of a certain nature: Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be received\rejected from the Day-Care Man one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first."

Okay, these two bits kinda confuse me. Where on RNG Reporter is this option to search for very low egg PID frames? I have the latest version of RNG Reporter (8.30) and I would like to know where this option is. Also, I know in DPPt you're supposed to save in an area where you can easily catch high-level pkmn, but where should i save in hg/ss? right in front of the old lady so that i may store the parents ASAP?

Also, the receiving/rejecting eggs one at a time part confuses me. Is this how i get from one frame to another (i thought you're supposed to advance the frame by calling elm/joey?)

Much appreciated.

Ok. So I figured I was going to begin my quest to learning the RNG for HGSS by breeding my first shiny egg. I just read some guides, and I'll go more indepth into them tomorrow when I have my DS in hand.

Just some preliminary questions. Get ready because they're likely very stupid ones.

-What exactly is a delay and what does it mean to me?
The delay is basically a measure of how long it took you from SRing, or loading up the game, to entering the game world.
-I see a lot about hitting your delay and hitting your time, does that mean that I need to be extremely accurate down to the second in hitting a button for something? >.>
Er, you actually need to hit the A button on the continue screen down to the nearest delay, with a margin of error of one (as at any time you'll only have odd or even delays). This is is the equivalent of hitting the button within a specific 30th of a second.
-How easy is it more or less to get the hang of this? How long does it take to do successfully? (just making a shiny egg).
On DPPt, for making a shiny egg, you don't need to worry about hitting a delay. Just read the guides, and SR if nothing reasonable comes up. However, hitting delays becomes relatively easy after your first few tries.
-Do I need any program other than RNG reporter? Would anything else make this easier for me?
If you're just RNG breeding, then you only really need RNG Reporter. But if you want to try RNG catching, then PokéRNG is a very useful program. PikaTimer is also a very useful tool - it's more or less mandatory for catching, but for Egg IV Abuse it's good too.
-I don't yet have an AR, so I'll try to catch a high leveled pokemon. Must it be above 50? If so, where's the best place to catch a level 50?
Mt Silver in HGSS, and the Battle Zone in DPPt
-After I do everything I need to do, and am ready to generate an egg, can cycling from golden rod and back down to the daycare man screw up my frames?
No, as this would advance the normal RNG, not the IRNG, which is used to generate eggs
Hope I've helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)