Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok, tell me if I've got this right please.

The spread I want appears in frame 8. I have 2 triggered but uncaught wandering Pokemon visable on the marking map. I intend to fish for my target.

So I hit one of my target times, open the journal (or nothing at all if the journal automatically opens), then use the rod. Is this right?

Also, is my delay the time until i press "A" on the continue screen, or the time until the game loads?

Is it normal that I get a lot of Calm and Relaxed shiny spreads, but few Adamant and Jolly ones? If so, is there a way to tell what natures you will get more frequently using your ID and SID?

Ok, I'm confused with the "Verifying your Target Time and Delay" part. The Target Time can be any time, for example the current time, correct? Then I do the Synchronize time and Reset time part? The instructions ask me to "Collect Egg from the Daycare" and use the coin flipper application after that, but how do I generate my initial seed without catching a wild Pokemon? Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I understood. Just used the Target Time for the spread I was trying to hit.

Everstone has no effect on IV inheritance, only nature. If you're locked in on a proper natured egg, you should be fine. IV RNG abuse takes longer than wild/legend abuse. I spent 10 hours on my first breed RNG abuse, but that was closer to the beginning of this whole thing and that factors in calibration and retarded mistakes.

Ok, then I'll start. I take it you spread those 10 hours over (at least) 2 days? I have calibration down, its just finding the right IV spread that bugs me.

is there any way to adjust the frame accurately? I remember there was a guide here telling you to go up to the route above solaceon to bring down the frame or ride in solaceon to bring up the frame but most of my failures are from not being able to pinpoint to frame for breeding and the changes are not very consistent. Is there another way to adjust frames?

Ok, I'm breeding a new Crobat and I've got a problem.

The parents: both with 31 all Atk/SpD/Spe - the mother was already successfully bred using the same method as described below (except with different date and delay).

The desired spread: 2009-07-09 16:01:14, 14 seconds, delay 628, frame 3, 31/A/31/23/B/A.

So I set the clock to 16:00 and soft-reset at 16:01, mashing A to load the game, B to cancel the journal and A again to receive the egg at frame 3 (like most eggs in the calibration phase), followed by the coin test. It did already produce the required thhhhthtth result twice, but the corresponding Zubats where different from the desired spread as well as from each other. Am I doing something wrong or is my luck just being horrible again? The fact that it still worked right with the mother, who had a 624/3 spread, really confuses me.

Thanks for help.

How do I tell what gender the shiny that hatches will be? I see the 50, 12.5, 25, and 75 with either M or F under them, but how do I know what gender the pokemon will be?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
is there any way to adjust the frame accurately?
You really should not be trying to adjust the frame. Use calibration to figure out what frame you get constantly and then find a spread you can get on that frame (or later frames that are +2, +4, +6, etc and use the journal to advance),

Ok, I'm breeding a new Crobat and I've got a problem.

The parents: both with 31 all Atk/SpD/Spe - the mother was already successfully bred using the same method as described below (except with different date and delay).

The desired spread: 2009-07-09 16:01:14, 14 seconds, delay 628, frame 3, 31/A/31/23/B/A.

So I set the clock to 16:00 and soft-reset at 16:01, mashing A to load the game, B to cancel the journal and A again to receive the egg at frame 3 (like most eggs in the calibration phase), followed by the coin test. It did already produce the required thhhhthtth result twice, but the corresponding Zubats where different from the desired spread as well as from each other. Am I doing something wrong or is my luck just being horrible again? The fact that it still worked right with the mother, who had a 624/3 spread, really confuses me.

Thanks for help.
Sound like you are just getting the wrong frame. Generate the frame list and see what you actually got instead of guess. Congrats on winning Germany, have fun in San Diego.

How do I tell what gender the shiny that hatches will be? I see the 50, 12.5, 25, and 75 with either M or F under them, but how do I know what gender the pokemon will be?
Is your Pokemon 12.5% female, 50% female, 25% female or 75% female? Use that to determine which column to use.

I am trying to fish for a Magikarp with specific IVs. I now have 1 runner on the marking map, and the frame is 7. As I understand it, upon comencing at the target time, I open the Journal, skip to the second page, where there is a "Zapdos was caught" entry, close the journal, and immedately use my rod.

Is this right?

Is the seed time the time on the DS clock when I press continue, or when the ingame screen actually loads?

Edit: I think I may be misunderstanding the issue. Should I be using the "seconds" value I got in the calibration as the delay?

I'm pretty sure something is wrong, because I'm getting my times pretty exact and I'm not catching what I'm looking for.

Also, is the chance of getting a bite while fishing determined by the RNG? I'm getting a lot of "not even a nibble"s.

Thanks in advance,
Ascalon

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am trying to fish for a Magikarp with specific IVs. I now have 1 runner on the marking map, and the frame is 7. As I understand it, upon comencing at the target time, I open the Journal, skip to the second page, where there is a "Zapdos was caught" entry, close the journal, and immedately use my rod.

Is this right?

Sound right

Is the seed time the time on the DS clock when I press continue, or when the ingame screen actually loads?

As it says in the OP, it is the time on your DS when you press A on the continue screen.

Edit: I think I may be misunderstanding the issue. Should I be using the "seconds" value I got in the calibration as the delay?

What? Delay and seconds and not interchangable...

I'm pretty sure something is wrong, because I'm getting my times pretty exact and I'm not catching what I'm looking for.

Ok, then find the initial seed for what you are catching and see what you screwed up.

Also, is the chance of getting a bite while fishing determined by the RNG? I'm getting a lot of "not even a nibble"s.

Yes.

Thanks in advance,
Ascalon

I am trying to fish for a Magikarp with specific IVs. I now have 1 runner on the marking map, and the frame is 7. As I understand it, upon comencing at the target time, I open the Journal, skip to the second page, where there is a "Zapdos was caught" entry, close the journal, and immedately use my rod. This is correct.

Is this right?

Is the seed time the time on the DS clock when I press continue, or when the ingame screen actually loads? The time when you press continue.

Edit: I think I may be misunderstanding the issue. Should I be using the "seconds" value I got in the calibration as the delay? Use the seconds value that you got in your calibration and use it for the seconds. You should use the delay from calibration for your delay also. Your seconds would be like 14 and delay 624 or some variations like that.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong, because I'm getting my times pretty exact and I'm not catching what I'm looking for. Use the seed finder to check what seed you got and from there see if you got something wrong. Either the seconds, frame, or delay could have been off.

Also, is the chance of getting a bite while fishing determined by the RNG? I'm getting a lot of "not even a nibble"s. Yes it is and I'm not sure how it is, but it advances the frames by one.

Thanks in advance,
Ascalon
Edit: Wow, mingot beat me and we quoted it the same way =(

Sound like you are just getting the wrong frame. Generate the frame list and see what you actually got instead of guess. Congrats on winning Germany, have fun in San Diego.
Ah stupid me, didn't notice the coin test would yield equal results for other frames. So the coin test is only usable to find out whether I got the right delay and is totally independent from the frame? Thanks again for both.

I think I'll continue later within the week then.

Thanks for the help, I think I'm getting there.

I am using a digital timer synchronised with the DS clock. If I set it to reach 0 when I need the seed to be generated, wait at the continue screen, and press the A button the moment it reaches 0, would that get me in at my desired time?

Sorry about confusing the delay and seconds - what I meant was: is the "seconds" value the time it takes me to get from the soft reset to the continue screen?

Thanks again for your time,
Ascalon.

mingot

free agent
Not really, because if you wait at the continue screen the delay is going to be wrong. Suggest following the directions with regards to calibration and resetting a certain time.

Thanks for the help, I think I'm getting there.

I am using a digital timer synchronised with the DS clock. If I set it to reach 0 when I need the seed to be generated, wait at the continue screen, and press the A button the moment it reaches 0, would that get me in at my desired time?

Sorry about confusing the delay and seconds - what I meant was: is the "seconds" value the time it takes me to get from the soft reset to the continue screen?

Thanks again for your time,
Ascalon.

Ok, just to clarify then, if my average seconds is 13, I SR 13 seconds before the target time and press A rapidly until the game loads, then follow up with the skipping to target frame. If I get this right, using the old rod should create a Magikarp with the IVs and nature specified by the tool.

I am a little confused by the delay. The delay listed is 609 - does that mean that my timing has to be so precise that a delay of 607 by pressing very slightly faster will mean that it isn't generated?

Ok, just to clarify then, if my average seconds is 13, I SR 13 seconds before the target time and press A rapidly until the game loads, then follow up with the skipping to target frame. If I get this right, using the old rod should create a Magikarp with the IVs and nature specified by the tool.

I am a little confused by the delay. The delay listed is 609 - does that mean that my timing has to be so precise that a delay of 607 by pressing very slightly faster will mean that it isn't generated?
I'm not sure about the first as I breed not capture.

The second, yes, the 607 seed will not give you the IV's you want. It sucks, but that's what makes this slightly challenging.

What does it mean when the nature is light grey?

I've finally got a female one with only 5 double taps required, but the nature is light grey. There's another one that's 353 double taps too. I would prefer to do the 5 double taps over 353.:P

What does it mean when the nature is light grey?

I've finally got a female one with only 5 double taps required, but the nature is light grey. There's another one that's 353 double taps too. I would prefer to do the 5 double taps over 353.:P
Light gray natures are considered useless competitively. The neutral natures, lax, and gentle are considered competitively uselss, so they are grayed out.

Is it normal that I get a lot of Calm and Relaxed shiny spreads, but few Adamant and Jolly ones? If so, is there a way to tell what natures you will get more frequently using your ID and SID?

Does anybody know if it is normal, and how to know find out what you get more frequently?

If I am going after Regigigias and my desired frame is 187, there are 4 roaming pokes and 4 in my party, then I take 128 steps, so I subtract 9 from my initial frame giving me 178 and then I divide by 2 for journal flips giving me 89 journal flips correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)