Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If I am going after Regigigias and my desired frame is 187, there are 4 roaming pokes and 4 in my party, then I take 128 steps, so I subtract 9 from my initial frame giving me 178 and then I divide by 2 for journal flips giving me 89 journal flips correct?
I have no idea why you would do the 128 step thing with an even number of pokemon in your party. A better way is this

187 (target) - 1 (Regigigas frame) - 4 (roamers)= 182/2= 91 journal flips. Just be standing in front of Regigigas so you can just press A.

My target frame is 49. The sweet scent pokemon I want has a monster of 2. Would the RNG equation look like 49-2-7(Sweet Scent) = 40 or just 49-2= 47?

My target frame is 49. The sweet scent pokemon I want has a monster of 2. Would the RNG equation look like 49-2-7(Sweet Scent) = 40 or just 49-2= 47?
It would be 49-2. The remaining RNG calls you're concerned about (which are an additional 5 I believe, not 7) have to do with finishing a battle.

In the excel spreadsheet, I was looking through it and found this:
Seed: Offset: PID:
10020260 1150 a26adc2
Is the Offset the frame or is it used to find the frame? And what is my frame?
(My pokemon has a monster of 2, and 0 wandering pokemon)

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure... does mespirit release automatically or do you have to go to the cave and release her. If you have to release her 0, otherwise 1.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The offset would be the method 1 frame. If you're looking for a method J pokemon, you'll have to input the seed and your synchronizer nature, and find the correct frame yourself.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, the offset would be the same as the frame for method 1. If you want to confirm, you can enter the seed into RNG Reporter and search for the spread yourself.

By the way, your avatar makes me lol every time I see it.

When I'm saving in front of an egg for IVs, does it really matter if NPCs move right after? I ask this because I spent all day trying to get the right spread. I've hit my seed many times but ALWAYS end up on the wrong frame, even when calibrating beforehand. If I save when no NPCs move right after I load will it essentially make a difference?

When I'm saving in front of an egg for IVs, does it really matter if NPCs move right after? I ask this because I spent all day trying to get the right spread. I've hit my seed many times but ALWAYS end up on the wrong frame, even when calibrating beforehand. If I save when no NPCs move right after I load will it essentially make a difference?
I'm pretty sure the average-conisistent-Frame (NPCs moving) depends on the Seed (Delay, Second, Time) and not when you saved.

Meaning for different seeds your average frame can change.

But I calibrate every time I do a new project. For example, I get a consistent result of frame 7 for calibration, then when I hit my seed, and hatch. I get really pissed of to find that I actually hit frame 8. This has happened to me 4 times in a row.

I'm pretty sure the Frame (NPCs moving) depends on the Seed (Delay, Second, Time) and not when you saved.
That's true but the previous actions from the NPCs are saved from the last seed. When you continue, they take the action they would have. So that's why you calibrate to see if it is a consistent frame.

Chaos, if this has been on all the same pokemon, it may be impossible to get your frame. Several people have experienced a different frame only when they hit their delay for no reason.

So basically calibrating is inaccurate? I'm not sure I fully understand this. When I hit a different seed, different NPCs move in cases, right? Then what is the need for calibration? To get a rough estimate of your frame?

So basically calibrating is inaccurate? I'm not sure I fully understand this. When I hit a different seed, different NPCs move in cases, right? Then what is the need for calibration? To get a rough estimate of your frame?
No the movements are saved, so calibrating is highly suggested. It will tell you your frame, but in some instances, you get a higher frame then your target when you hit your seed, and there is nothing you can do but restart going for a different spread.

I've found a really nice spread at a low frame. Would it be possible to keep resaving until I hit a lower frame upon loading, meaning that once I hit my seed, if my frame results being higher, it'll work in my favour?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, and this used to actually be how the directions had you do it. Was changed because it's generally easier to tailor a spread to what frame you are getting instead of trying to adjust your frame. In your case you may just want to go ahead, though.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Do I need to catch a lv50 or above pokemon to hatch a shiny egg? Can I just capture a lower lv one? I'm just wondering.
It depends. You can try lower levels, but they may not work and you will have wasted your time. Better to just follow the directions and catch something higher than level 50. If you are not finished with the game yet, you should probably just go ahead and do that so you can get to level 50 stuff.

It depends. You can try lower levels, but they may not work and you will have wasted your time. Better to just follow the directions and catch something higher than level 50. If you are not finished with the game yet, you should probably just go ahead and do that so you can get to level 50 stuff.
I beat my game a LONG time ago. I'm just wondering because I'm lazy and would prefer just to throw a pokeball.:P I'm trying to either get an Adamant or Timid nature and I've reseted for about 20 times now.

Video Tutorial?

Do you have a video Tutorial for the Perfect IV breeding? I keep reading it but Im not sure what I am supposed to do (step 7 to 11). I have trouble understanding the process because I am so visual.

Anyways I understand what Target Time and Delays are..
but im not sure about the Frames and Spread and what Im supposed to do with on the RNG programme...if you have a visual demonstration it would be great but...anyways I understood a little but not quite enough.

Also is the SEED Pokemon the same as the one catched to make a shiny? Or do you need a new SEED? From what I understood you pick up the egg and catch a Pokemon afterword as the SEED..but that's all..

Sorry to be so incompetant but help would be greatly appreciated.

Wanna make sure I have this straight.
The target frame I want is 986. I am aiming for a method J sweet scent pokemon. Would the equation be 986-2= 984/2= 492 journal page flips? Would I use sweet scent after the 492 journal page flips? Thanks in advance.

Wanna make sure I have this straight.
The target frame I want is 986. I am aiming for a method J sweet scent pokemon. Would the equation be 986-2= 984/2= 492 journal page flips? Would I use sweet scent after the 492 journal page flips? Thanks in advance.
Yes you are correct for both questions.

To the other guy, there is a video, most likely on the first page somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)