Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I saw two shiny zigzagoons in a row while resetting early would you use that save because it might have a quicker shiny frame?
well that's personal opinion, I wouldn't care especially if those zigzagoons came on horrible shiny spreads, but if you want it for the shiny then why not

Here's a question that just came up while RNGing for eggs:

After setting your egg PID, unless the date changed between the time that you caught your Pokémon (to get the seed) and the time that you saved your game in front of the daycare man with the egg ready, the first page in the Journal is going to have at least one catch entry. If you immediately jump into IV abuse next, you must first set your DS date to at least two days after the current date to cause the automatic appearance of the Journal, which will in this case have a catch entry that will advance the frame by 2. Then, you pick up your egg ASAP, etc., and find what frame you collected the egg on. Essentially, this frame is going to 2 more than it ordinarily would, thanks to the initial page appearance of the Journal, right?

If so, in order to have the best chance at accessing low-frame spreads, after saving in front of the daycare man with the egg, I should change my DS date to at least one day after my catch (the catch used during the PID process), save, and then set my date 2 days ahead and begin calibrating my frame, correct?

I'm having some trouble with radar abuse.
I'm trying to get a smeargle on frame 129, and I hit my delay, activate the radar, and go to a sparkly patch, and get a smeargle.
I catch it, and it's actual frame is always 105.
After I catch it, 4 more patches shake, the closes one being 3 turn and walks away, so advancing by six.
So it should be 129-105-10-6-6 which is 2, so I open the journal (I have that first smeargle on page one) then close it, and walk to the patch, but I never get the right smeargle, I don't understand what I'm dong wrong.

After you catch a pokemon from the radar the frame gets advanced to the Method 1 frame that pokemon came from. So if you are on frame 105, but the spread is frame 138 on Method 1 then you have to calculate from 138.

Is there a trick to getting an early shiny frame on emerald? I'm still trying because I want it to be perfect. And does it really matter? It just means that your countdowns will be quicker right?

I'm starting a new file every 50 resets.. is this wise?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fun stuff, looking good.

You need to make the source available somewhere for download, though.

Low HG/SS Shiny Egg Finder

Well, I modified the RNG Reporter to make it easier to search for a low shiny egg frame in HG/SS. You can set the Max Frame. You can still use the right-mouse button without any problem! You can ignore the Tap/Coin Flips/Cin Sequence, maybe I should have deleted it.

It's written in C# with .net Framework 3.5

Download link.

Have phun with HG/SS Shiny Breeding! :pimp:

BTW, you'll still have to search for the Egg Frames, but now it will be easier.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Low HG/SS Shiny Egg Finder

Well, I modified the RNG Reporter to make it easier to search for a low shiny egg frame in HG/SS. You can set the Max Frame. You can still use the right-mouse button without any problem! You can ignore the Tap/Coin Flips/Cin Sequence, maybe I should have deleted it.

It's written in C# with .net Framework 3.5

Download link.

Have phun with HG/SS Shiny Breeding! :pimp:

BTW, you'll still have to search for the Egg Frames, but now it will be easier.
YES! THANK YOU!!!

Mingot, is that wanted dog ad real?

I did made a mod like this a week ago too, but I didn't put it for download because I was waiting for mingot's approval.

Anyway, just tested it and it's quite nice, but I think my version is a little more intuitive and easy to use, and just tells you how many eggs you will need to drop to get to the shiny one, and is also sorted in ascending order by the number of eggs (aka. frame).

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, you need to hit a specific delay to make it work =( What I like about RNG Reporter is that you can just determine your seed and abuse.

If I'm after an egg spread on frame 7 and my first calibration gave me frame 6, would you recommend that I keep trying a few more times to see if the 6 was just a fluke and it's really 5/7, or should I get a new save until my first calibration gives me an odd-numbered frame less than or equal to 7?

Yeah, but you will never randomly find a seed with a really low shiny egg, unless you reset hundreds of times. And since you can't advance the iRNG on HG/SS (or we don't know how to advance the iRNG), you will be better off knowing the seed you need to reset on, if you want to get shiny eggs on HG/SS.

Got it?

Maybe it's just bad luck... Or maybe it's not.

I got a problem on Emerald trying to RNG a HP Ice 70 Timid Treecko.

There is a topic on Smogon with some Emerald RNG spreads for breeding. I picked this one: A-10-B-B-31-31 (Frame: 10851) (180.83 Seconds).
Problem is... I don't seem to hit it in some way. I've been trying this for days. Though there is a frame I do hit a lot. Funny thing is that I can't find that spread on the RNG reporter. This are the stats I get a lot: 30 - 31 / 20 - 24 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 25 - 29 / 20 - 24. (@ lvl 20.). There are also ofcourse other spread I hit, but I can't find those in the RNG reporter either...

I'm not new at Emerald RNG.. I've succeeded 31-4-31-A-A-B (Frame: 2391) (39.85 Seconds) a lot. It usually takes me a hour.

Does anyone know what it could be? Or is it just very, very bad luck?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but you will never randomly find a seed with a really low shiny egg, unless you reset hundreds of times. And since you can't advance the iRNG on HG/SS (or we don't know how to advance the iRNG), you will be better off knowing the seed you need to reset on, if you want to get shiny eggs on HG/SS.

Got it?
Yeah, but I'm not really interested in getting shinies. I just want to lock the nature and ability :X

Maybe it's just bad luck... Or maybe it's not.

I got a problem on Emerald trying to RNG a HP Ice 70 Timid Treecko.

There is a topic on Smogon with some Emerald RNG spreads for breeding. I picked this one: A-10-B-B-31-31 (Frame: 10851) (180.83 Seconds).
Problem is... I don't seem to hit it in some way. I've been trying this for days. Though there is a frame I do hit a lot. Funny thing is that I can't find that spread on the RNG reporter. This are the stats I get a lot: 30 - 31 / 20 - 24 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 25 - 29 / 20 - 24. (@ lvl 20.). There are also ofcourse other spread I hit, but I can't find those in the RNG reporter either...

I'm not new at Emerald RNG.. I've succeeded 31-4-31-A-A-B (Frame: 2391) (39.85 Seconds) a lot. It usually takes me a hour.

Does anyone know what it could be? Or is it just very, very bad luck?
Just keep on trying. Maybe you're getting split frames. I suggest you try another one.

For radar abusing, do you subtract your original steps and radar advancement or are those included in your actual frame, or should you only count the steps it takes to the next patch and the radar advancement after you catch the first pokemon?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For radar abusing, do you subtract your original steps and radar advancement or are those included in your actual frame, or should you only count the steps it takes to the next patch and the radar advancement after you catch the first pokemon?
they are counted in your actual you just factor in what happens after the battle

Well if that's the case then I'm having a lot of trouble with this.

My target frame is on frame 129 (180 actual) and when I catch the first pokemon, it's actual frame is 105.
180-105=75
Then 4 patches shake.
75-10=65
There are 2 turn and steps and one forward step on the way to the next patch
65-5=60
then subtract the extra 6
60-6=54
So then divide by 2 and do that many journal flips, so i do 27.

That should do it for me, right?
Well, I've done this twice, and each time it's been on the Method 1 frame of 239, what am I doing wrong?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Well if that's the case then I'm having a lot of trouble with this.

My target frame is on frame 129 (180 actual) and when I catch the first pokemon, it's actual frame is 105.
180-105=75
Then 4 patches shake.
75-10=65
There are 2 turn and steps and one forward step on the way to the next patch
65-5=60
then subtract the extra 6
60-6=54
So then divide by 2 and do that many journal flips, so i do 27.

That should do it for me, right?
Well, I've done this twice, and each time it's been on the Method 1 frame of 239, what am I doing wrong?
ok you should be subtracting from the target frame 129 not the actual 180
here's the forumla
~Calculations for journal flip

Target frame - Actual frame - Steps advancement - Radar advancement - 6

If this number is odd, you have to do an extra turn while walking to your patch. If even, divide by 2 for the amount of journal flips.

The -6 is from 5 for battling and 1 for the monster frame.

don;t know why you would use the actual as your target

Agh, so many conflicting pieces of advice, I used my actual because of what Shananiganeer told me after I was having trouble with this last night:

After you catch a pokemon from the radar the frame gets advanced to the Method 1 frame that pokemon came from. So if you are on frame 105, but the spread is frame 138 on Method 1 then you have to calculate from 138.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Agh, so many conflicting pieces of advice, I used my actual because of what Shananiganeer told me after I was having trouble with this last night:
ok that's not correct use your target its what I've used everytime I did it and it worked out perfectly

I'm trying to RNG for shinies and my nearest frame is 2 minutes in.. I might end up restarting the game to try and get an earlier shiny frame. It's crazy.. everyone else can do it but I can't.. so maybe it's too far in (the rest are at like 10-25 minutes in)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)