Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: ok, i just did a test catch and going up the ladder without tuning i still ended up on frame 3 so i guess it doesn't.

Still looking for answers to these questions:

1) What exactly are starting frames, how do I use them when RNG'ing, and how can I find out a specific Pokemon's starting frame? Is there a list?

2) Can someone explain Encounter Slots to me?

Thanks!!

Right, im still trying to RNG 'Kou. Im following an earlier post in this thread, but I just cannot seem to get it right... and when I try to check what im hitting, I keep getting the 'Invalid date/time' error... I know im putting it all in right. Another thing ive noticed is that my delay and seconds seemed to have wildly varied in the space of a few hours - earlier this evening I got a second of 19 consistently after about 10 tests, but now its closer to 15. Is this whats causing me to mess up? When I use pikatimer im often waiting at the continue screen for a good 3 or 4 seconds.

Still looking for answers to these questions:

1) What exactly are starting frames, how do I use them when RNG'ing, and how can I find out a specific Pokemon's starting frame? Is there a list?

2) Can someone explain Encounter Slots to me?

Thanks!!
1) The starting frame is the frame a pokemon has when you resetted for a delay and didn't advance the frame at all but simply talk to it.
And yeah at the first page there is a list as I recall.
But in most of the cases the starting frame is 1 anyways.
This can change if you have roamers out.
Roamers will change the starting frame.
Every roamer out changes the starting frame +1

2) When you try to RNG a Pokemon in the Wild, even if you hit your delay and frame, chances are, that you won't encounter the desired Pokemon but a different one.
This is when Encounter Slots come into the game.
Encounter Slots work for Method J/K. After you found a spread you'd like to use you can calculate the encounter slot by right clicking on your spread in RNG Reporter "calculate Encounter Slots".
Some numbers are given out and a link to a sheet where the pokemon and their corresponding Encounter Slots are displayed.
The range is from 1-5 so that you know beforehand: What pokemon I'm gonna encounter if I try to RNG at that spot with this seed and that frame?
Otherwise the disappointment might be quite big if you RNGed for days for a simple pidgey or stuff (no offense, I'm a fan of pidgey^^)

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'm having a problem using the new version PokeRNG. I am trying to get a Sassy Bronzong with 31/31/31/0/31/0 Ivs. I followed my friends advice and specified all the information I wanted, but when I go to look in the Spreads file it says 0 results. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
Um help please?

Jio

God is Good
Inserted the nature, said No to the Shiny Spread step, entered 0 for Hidden Power since I dont care what it is, entered in the Ivs I wanted as they asked, for minimum delay I put 600 and maximum I put 90000 (its something a friend recommended) and when it's finished searching I get no results.

Also I'm trying to catch it.

Inserted the nature, said No to the Shiny Spread step, entered 0 for Hidden Power since I dont care what it is, entered in the Ivs I wanted as they asked, for minimum delay I put 600 and maximum I put 90000 (its something a friend recommended) and when it's finished searching I get no results.

Also I'm trying to catch it.
First of all 5000 as a limit is already more then enough it's quite hard to hit 4000 already if you ask me.
Secondly as I've already said such a spread don't exist.
You did search for exact IVs don't you?
Naturally you won't get any results as you can look for something close to your desired result but not the exact as: It doesn't exist^^
I guess you wanna go for trick room so this would be probably your best bet:

Sassy
31/31/31/2/31/0
HP WATER 64
Seed: 65150413
Method J (you need a syncher) 74
Method K (also you need a syncher): 68

Jio

God is Good
Ah ok thank you very much Rommstar ^^ so I'm guessing I need a Sassy pokemon with Synchronize, but I'm still not sure what to do after that.

Ah ok thank you very much Rommstar ^^ so I'm guessing I need a Sassy pokemon with Synchronize, but I'm still not sure what to do after that.
Why poor me always get the second "m "but not the second "s" in my nick?:P
Anyways, well you hit your delay from the seed, verify it with Poketch, advance the frame with the journal( or walking 128 steps)
and sweet scent.
This should do the trick.
Edit: Nexus wasn't that lazy as me and posted even the link. Good luck then^^

Does anybody know the starting frames for the HGSS game corner pokemon? Are the IVs created for all three at the same time?

Also, there are no moving NPCs in the game corner so I should be able to advance the frame with 128 steps, right? (If I recall correctly, in DPPt you could walk 128 steps with multiple pokemon, but it sounds like you can only have one pokemon in HGSS. Is that correct?)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: oh and I would assume method 1 for the game corner pokemon, can anyone confirm this?

Anyone available to help me now with RNG abuse (for perfect shiny Pokémon) in DPPt? My offer is still up (anyone who can guide me through this can have a copy of every Pokémon I breed :) ). I am able to breed shiny Pokémon but I just can't get my head around this last bit.

Also you must have MSN/ Skype/ AIM so we can go through it on that - PM takes too long.

alright Im saved in front of lugia in Soul Silver and have an abra with synchronize at the head of my party. Now is Lugia Method K or Method 1? Also what is the easiest way to set up a spread I want? I didn't really get into RNGing legends only shiny eggs.

Anyone available to help me now with RNG abuse (for perfect shiny Pokémon) in DPPt? My offer is still up (anyone who can guide me through this can have a copy of every Pokémon I breed :) ). I am able to breed shiny Pokémon but I just can't get my head around this last bit.

Also you must have MSN/ Skype/ AIM so we can go through it on that - PM takes too long.
I can help you out with breeding on DPPt, if you can bear with my slow typing on AIM. ;)

I wish this wasn't as complicated as it is. But I guess the reward is more than worth it. Im kinda hoping once I do one the rest will be easier to set up. Whats a good program I can use to help me set up legends on DPPt or HGSS? I just need a little help with the legend thing.

First off, you'll need to get the latest RNG Reporter via the link in mingot's sig.
Secondly, when you do the Seed finder, LOOK at the BOTTOM of the window and you'll see a box for HGSS Delay. Use that.

First off, you'll need to get the latest RNG Reporter via the link in mingot's sig.
Secondly, when you do the Seed finder, LOOK at the BOTTOM of the window and you'll see a box for HGSS Delay. Use that.
Alright I did that now I guess I have to catch a wild pokemon? Im right next Lugia so can I still catch a pokemon since I am surfing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)