Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I just used Sweet Scent for the second time and the "actual" frame of the spread I got is 94. Therefore, I should be at frame 100 after the battle, and if I make 15 phone calls to Professor Elm, Mewtwo will appear on frame 116, right?

EDIT: I'm saved right in front of Mewtwo.

EDIT2: Nevermind... I did exactly that and I got a Mewtwo on frame 115 :(... looks like I need to make 1 more phone call.

Alright I'm having some weird issues with Egg PID in my Diamond. I have done everything I possibly could to get my nature more easily. This is the issue, I can't get the right nature to appear (Adamant).

First things first here's the run down
1) Cranidos @ NOTHING [English]
2) Ditto @ NOTHING [English]

I did the exact thing as the shiny guide commanded, made sure my ID and SID are correct but I still get absolutely no results

Steps I took:

1)Saved at a route with level 50 + Pokemon with status checker (app 5) set and Parents in the PC.

2)Caught a Pokemon and varified my seed, did the necessary taps (Note: They were 1 Happiness and 1 Coin Flip) By switching to happiness checker then to coin flip

3) Flew to Solaceon opened my PC took the parent pokemon and placed them in the day care.

4) waited for the day care man to show the sign that he has an egg then I save and turn off.

5) Plug in AR for quick hatch and IV checker, turned back on the DS, when I hatched the Cranidos, it was a weird nature in this case quiet. [NOTE: The same taps lead to Mild Nature on International if your wondering]

Unless that AR done broke the the RNG SOMEHOW, I don't understand what went wrong.

Alright I'm having some weird issues with Egg PID in my Diamond. I have done everything I possibly could to get my nature more easily. This is the issue, I can't get the right nature to appear (Adamant).

First things first here's the run down
1) Cranidos @ NOTHING [English]
2) Ditto @ NOTHING [English]

I did the exact thing as the shiny guide commanded, made sure my ID and SID are correct but I still get absolutely no results

Steps I took:

1)Saved at a route with level 50 + Pokemon with status checker (app 5) set and Parents in the PC.

2)Caught a Pokemon and varified my seed, did the necessary taps (Note: They were 1 Happiness and 1 Coin Flip) By switching to happiness checker then to coin flip

3) Flew to Solaceon opened my PC took the parent pokemon and placed them in the day care.

4) waited for the day care man to show the sign that he has an egg then I save and turn off.

5) Plug in AR for quick hatch and IV checker, turned back on the DS, when I hatched the Cranidos, it was a weird nature in this case quiet. [NOTE: The same taps lead to Mild Nature on International if your wondering]

Unless that AR done broke the the RNG SOMEHOW, I don't understand what went wrong.
You sure that your SID is right?
Did you make sure to go to the Happiness Checker only ONCE?
This route that you saved on did it have any weather conditions? If so that will mess up the RNG

You sure that your SID is right?
Did you make sure to go to the Happiness Checker only ONCE?
This route that you saved on did it have any weather conditions? If so that will mess up the RNG
SID is correct, it was only once, and no weather conditions were present.

The odd part is, I did this twice yesterday and it went smoothly

Does anyone know if talking to the old man when he gives you the egg advances the frame by one?

For example, i need to hit frame 3. Let's suppose that i turn on on frame 2 (due to the NPC moving). Do I have to call elm once and THEN talk to the old man, or must I immediately talk to the old man instead?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not so much a bug as it is a feature that's ahead of its time.

"Fixing" it will mean that you won't be able to use the Seed Finder to verify your seed if you are aiming for seeds with a high delay(1), which I know some people already do (and I recommend learning how).

Next release should have something like an "Advanced" button that lets you specify what delay range you want to search.(2)
(1) - Catching monsters generally sucks for finding your initial seed when you have options like coin flips and/or elm. I understand that there are times when catching the monster is the only or best thing to do, but it should be rare enough that we hide the option to be able using the initial seed finder making it a pain for those rare people in those rare cases instead of making the default options confusing to novices. As I said, I am shocked we've not gotten more questions about this because the documentation really doesn't get into what happens when there are pages and pages of initial seeds when you are trying to calibrate.

(2) - Fair enough, but I suggest a new tab for advanced users. I just really don't want to see the screens over complicated. As time has gone on I have worked on making those screens show less and less. It gets explaining to people "why do I care about the offset/frame" when they don't. Or why do the care about the monster seed when they don't. It leads to confusion and bitching and moaning. And yeah, I know that it is futile to try to idiot proof things because they will just build a better idiot, but I did succeed in getting rid of a huge class of worthless and unnecessary questions with my seed finder streamlines.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Mingot: is there a formula for calculating HG/SS encounter slots atm, I got one from omegadonut but it didn't work (he said to use mod 99 as opposed to the way it was done in D/P/Pt by dividing by 656), I had someone else try it and they got the same result so I was wondering if you had one.

Ok so if my starting frame is always 1 since there is no frame 0, calling elm 10 times would advance my frame by 10 and suicune frame is 1,if I am aiming for a frame 30 should I advance my frame by 18 instead of 19?.

They use an external device (like an AR, Flash Cart, whatever) to look at your Pokemon's data and look at its SID.
may be a dumb question, but does interacting or trading pokemon with someone with an ar ban you from receiving wondercards? or receiving a pokemon that was created by an ar?

may be a dumb question, but does interacting or trading pokemon with someone with an ar ban you from receiving wondercards? or receiving a pokemon that was created by an ar?
I don't quite understand your first question, but for the second question, almost everyone in Smogon WILL NOT accept pokemons that were created by external device, bar RNG.

oh i was just curious because i dont want to receive any pokemon from someone that would screw my game up. is using elm the best hg/ss method for checking ur SID? are there any other ways to check that dont require an ar?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh i was just curious because i dont want to receive any pokemon from someone that would screw my game up. is using elm the best hg/ss method for checking ur SID? are there any other ways to check that dont require an ar?
if you mean calling elm then thats not a method for finding your SID, thats for checking your seed and advancing frames. To find your SID in HG/SS you can use the red gyarados from lake rage. What you do is save in front of it and catch it, check its IVs. Then on RNg reporter slelect the option labeled "Chain to SID" and input the necessary information and you can use this to determine your SID. You will have to catch gyarados about 6-7 times to be accurate. So when you check its IVs don't save again turn the game off and catch it again and repeat the aforementioned process until you get it. This is a completely legitimate way of doing it but if you want it fast then askin simple requests and someone will fidn it for you.

Today, I first a seed and had the locations of the roamers match those on the Seed Verifier map. I hit the same seed later on, but the locations on my PokéGear map were different.

What's the deal? If it matters, I am on a different save than I was the first time (I left Cerulean Cave, changed my party up a bit, and came right back), and I have Raikou, Entei, and Latias out.

EDIT: Got a 3rd save, and got my Mewtwo within the next few SRs :). Weird, though...

oh wow, yea i was mixin things up. it is the seed, but i already got gyarados...
could anyone help me find my SID? though im not sure if im supposed to ask that on this forum...

thanks.. but another question.. when i download RNG Reporter will it be all set up to use immediately or will i need to set anything up? also it only works on windows right?

hi,

im new to rng and hope to enquire more about it here

currently im still looking around online to get my secret id so i want to understand more about rng first before i obtain my secret id

can someone enlighten me on what do the "second" and "delays" refer to?

i found the shiny finder app and was hoping to use it to get shiny eevees for my hg

thanks for your time
anyone mind helping me with this?

Is it easier to find a flawless spread with a synch or without one? (seems obvious, but I want to be sure)

With

My question or request.
Can someone open up pikatimer.
Put 495 as calibrated delay, 2267 as target. Then put 13 as calibrated second and 15 as target second. Then tell me what he first and second timer says. I'm away from a pc and I want to try to hit my delay with a stop watch.

First timer should be around 32 secs, other one should be around 42.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)