Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OKay; I see; BTW, after you are done tapping; are you supposed to switch the App? Also, this works the same way with non shiny eggs, no?

After you're done tapping, switch to the coin flip or something. Well, you should be okay provided you never leave it on the happiness checker.

So what exactly is the purpose of verifying your seed. You use your seed to calculate the PID and frames, and you don't turn it off from that point, so it wont change.
I might be missing something entirely.......

Where were you calling Elm? You can't get phone reception in Lance's room, so I assume it was before. In which case, a few things could have given you the extra frames. The NPC in the Pokémon League lobby can move and give a few frames. Calling Elm adds one frame each call, as usual. If you walk 128 steps with 6 Pokémon in your party, add 6 frames; it's possible your invisible 128 step counter ticked over on the way to Lance.
I am calling Elm as I said. When I retried with 5 Poke'mon, the Raikou was still not shiny, but the frame was 21. That's 8 less than before.

Now that I read what Nexus said, the NPC seems to be a common demoninator (what is this? math class?). So, looks like I have some tricking out to do.

Damn headache...

I have a question for Emerald Breeding RNG abuse. I heard on the guide for it that you can save before getting an egg because the nature, gender, and ability have already been determined. Then, once you have the correct n/g/a, you can SR for the correct IV's. So that means the game makes two RNG calls at two different times - one when the game determines that you have an egg, which creates the n/g/a, and the other RNG call after you recieve the egg, which creates the IV's. Is this correct?
reposting...

In platinum, is there anyway to lower the number of frames for hatching a shiny egg so that there are less taps and coin flips?
Try different date/time/delay/desired IVs/etc. combination?
Or follow the guide above me. Easier + faster than the original hatching guide, provide that your calibrated delay range is narrow (+/- 6 delay)

Ok, so I just cought a lv 42 thing, found my Seed. (I'm trying to breed a shiny larvitar by the way), and input jolly nature, my SID, my ID, the method, and all that. Then I hit generate. Only one option came up for Jolly. The frames are "67990" and the PID is "CD286ED0".
So basically what do I do from here? Its to my knowledge that I have to advance that number of frames. And the only way to advance the PID Frames is to get an egg right? So does this mean that I would have to receive 67 thousand eggs before I get the shiny one? This seems incredibly inefficient. Can anyone help?

As a side note, the lowest frame number was like still 8000 something, which still seems incredibly inefficient.

so i tried to rng abuse with pokeradar, but my spread is on a low frame. here is the seed and frame: 4f0002c9, frame 21 w/ synch, 29/31/28/2/31/31. encounter slot 7. it's shiny.

i hit my seed, used pokeradar and there were 4 patches. so +10 to my frame. did some walking to advance to frame to 19 then went into the sparkling patch(for rare pokes not shiny) and a mime jr. appeared, not a tauros. i'm on route 209.

so my questions are: is it still possible to rng even though my target frame is not over 700? and will the first patch always be mime jr. or did i just mess up my frame advancement?

Ok, so I just cought a lv 42 thing, found my Seed. (I'm trying to breed a shiny larvitar by the way), and input jolly nature, my SID, my ID, the method, and all that. Then I hit generate. Only one option came up for Jolly. The frames are "67990" and the PID is "CD286ED0".
So basically what do I do from here? Its to my knowledge that I have to advance that number of frames. And the only way to advance the PID Frames is to get an egg right? So does this mean that I would have to receive 67 thousand eggs before I get the shiny one? This seems incredibly inefficient. Can anyone help?

As a side note, the lowest frame number was like still 8000 something, which still seems incredibly inefficient.
There is a part 6 on the RNG guide that shows you how to hit seeds with lower frames for shiny eggs.

awesome possum said:
so i tried to rng abuse with pokeradar, but my spread is on a low frame. here is the seed and frame: 4f0002c9, frame 21 w/ synch, 29/31/28/2/31/31. encounter slot 7. it's shiny.

i hit my seed, used pokeradar and there were 4 patches. so +10 to my frame. did some walking to advance to frame to 19 then went into the sparkling patch(for rare pokes not shiny) and a mime jr. appeared, not a tauros. i'm on route 209.

so my questions are: is it still possible to rng even though my target frame is not over 700? and will the first patch always be mime jr. or did i just mess up my frame advancement?
Try looking for the same stats but with a lower delay so that you get higher frames. I wouldn't recommend going any lower than 300 for radar abuse

I think there is a special function in RNGReporter that help you find a low-frame number seed. However, I don't know which one, to be exact. Hope that someone w/ past experience about this show up and ask him about it.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

it is possible to abuse with a spread less than 700 and that patch will always produce a mime jr. as long as you make the same frame advancements before going into the patch, so in your case unfortunately yes. was the mime jr. shiny?

I think there is a special function in RNGReporter that help you find a low-frame number seed. However, I don't know which one, to be exact. Hope that someone w/ past experience about this show up and ask him about it.
First you need the RNG Reporter 7.50. Second, go to Time Finder and then look in the "Shiny Egg" tab.

Can somebody answer me if Everstone also screws up IV abusing when breeding (I already know that it affects shiny eggs)?

EDIT: here is the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, I have a quick question. When RNGing for IVs, can you take away the parents after the man in front of the Daycare has the egg?

Yes, that method is pretty much useless in HG/SS; even on Platinum with 12 frame advances at a time you can have a long wait.

The better method is to learn how to hit the seed you want that will cause the shiny Pokémon to appear with a low frame number. I think this is under the "Shiny Egg" tab of RNGReporter's "Time Finder." Tick the HG/SS box, and input your information (the ability, gender and nature you want) and it will search for a suitable seed. You then need to learn how to hit the seed you want accurately, which is the basis of nearly all RNGing.

it is possible to abuse with a spread less than 700 and that patch will always produce a mime jr. as long as you make the same frame advancements before going into the patch, so in your case unfortunately yes. was the mime jr. shiny?
no it was not shiny, i found it's iv's and found possible frames i actually hit. i do know that i went past my target frame. so it is still possible to get a tauros, as long as i advance the frames right? is the monster frame for radar pokes 2 as well, or something different?

oh and thanks loco and nexus for answering my question :)

Ok. So basically the most important part is the part I don't understand.
Could anyone point me in the direction of a very straight forwards guide to hitting your Seed?

EDIT: Also, I'm getting a number with 6 digits for My SID. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a bad code? Or is it as simple as using the first or last 5 digits?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no it was not shiny, i found it's iv's and found possible frames i actually hit. i do know that i went past my target frame. so it is still possible to get a tauros, as long as i advance the frames right? is the monster frame for radar pokes 2 as well, or something different?

oh and thanks loco and nexus for answering my question :)
ok if you went past then it is possible to still get your tauros

Can I use the shiny egg finder just to set the nature, gender and ability? Like, if I put a different ID/SID combo would I still get what I'm looking for? It's just that SRing for the right nature, ability and gender it's not working for me. I'd rather hit my seed in 5-10 minutes than riding the bike for 2 hours trying to check dozens of eggs. I just don't like every single shiny sprite out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)