Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The game won't let you call anybody while you're challenging the E4, so that's not an option, unfortunately.

And the thing is, the Latias I do end up getting isn't even a few frames away from my desired spread, but RNG Reporter can't even find the spread with the seed I'm using, even if I change the max results to something like 5000000. I am using method 1, too.

Ohhh, ok. That makes sense. The Mild Latias was frame 123 on that seed, too. Looks like I need to adjust the time by one second, then.

Thanks.

So I've heard that the Pokéwalker RNG has officially been cracked by Nexus and someone else. I was wondering if anybody knows whether we have a guide up already or not?

For the calbration part it says 'Repeat this procedure until you can confidently predict a range of delays and hit a particular second. This may take a bit of time, but the more data you collect the easier it will be. After this phase, you will have a range of the delays that are likely to occur and the number of seconds it will usually take you to get from reset to "Continue".', does this mean I'm supposed to try and predict other delays, or just gather information until I know my like average delay etc. I'm confused by the wording.

For the calbration part it says 'Repeat this procedure until you can confidently predict a range of delays and hit a particular second. This may take a bit of time, but the more data you collect the easier it will be. After this phase, you will have a range of the delays that are likely to occur and the number of seconds it will usually take you to get from reset to "Continue".', does this mean I'm supposed to try and predict other delays, or just gather information until I know my like average delay etc. I'm confused by the wording.
That, but keep in mind that those guides are actually out-of-date. The "new" method is to calibrate using a timer like emloop.

once again... it is STRONGLY reccommended by people such as OmegaDonut... that you use emloop or pikatimer.... some sort of timer as they are more reliable and allow you to hit high delays accurately....

So how do you exactly do RNG for Heartgold/Soulsilver?
What does it mean by Elm's Responses? Guide or help please
(This is for Shiny Breeding btw)

Suddenly, a crazy idea...

If I used the Pokéradar to chain a Shiny Spinda, would I be able to directly read its PID from its spots and get my SID that way?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That, but keep in mind that those guides are actually out-of-date. The "new" method is to calibrate using a timer like emloop.
once again... it is STRONGLY reccommended by people such as OmegaDonut... that you use emloop or pikatimer.... some sort of timer as they are more reliable and allow you to hit high delays accurately....
And I say, if you are doing it on DPP, fuck that and just do it the way it is in the guides, until you know what you are doing. Adding times just compounds the amount of shit you have to learn at one time.

And, OP to answer your question ---

Just have an idea, when you mash the A button, what your usual delay is.

Suddenly, a crazy idea...

If I used the Pokéradar to chain a Shiny Spinda, would I be able to directly read its PID from its spots and get my SID that way?
Yes, if you know the exact PID (minus the least significant three bits) then you can get your SID.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Umm... I'm just curious, is it easier to RNG in Emerald or DPP? Because in emerald you can clone...
thats really up to you to find out, in emerald thers no need to worry about target times, initial seeds since your always starting at zero and the frames advance at a rate oif about 60 frames/sec but the problem is that you need good timing to hit yiur frame. In DPPt, you have more control over frame advancement and a variety of seeds to choose from to get the spread you want on a number of frames and you can use synchronizer on the legends which is something emerald lacks. Cloning is not a reason as to why RNG on one is easier than the other.

Umm... I'm just curious, is it easier to RNG in Emerald or DPP? Because in emerald you can clone...
IMO, Gen 4 games for sure. There is less room for error in those games. While you do need to target a specific time and delay, hitting it is a lot easier than hitting a frame at a 60 FPS rate in Emerald. I've RNG'ed a lot on DPPt and HGSS. I've only successfully done ONE thing on emerald and it was hell to get. NEVER doing Emerald again.

If I continuously (like 20 times) have not hit my correct seed which I want, should I recheck my seconds and delay, along with confirming my ID and SID?

And I say, if you are doing it on DPP, fuck that and just do it the way it is in the guides, until you know what you are doing. Adding times just compounds the amount of shit you have to learn at one time.
This is true. Do it the way the guides say to once, just to make sure you have a handle on everything. Then get Pikatimer or emloop so you aren't stuck shooting for ~600 delay every time.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm Trying to Breed a Shiny Beldum.
What is your target seed and frame? AB00027A
What is the delay of that seed?

How did you verify your seed? Verified using coin flips.
I got H,T,H,H,H,H,H,T,H,H

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? This is the second time I got the wrong nature and its not shiny. I got a Brave Beldum that isn't shiny both times. Both times I verified my seed was correct with coin flip and I made sure to use a calculator for flips/taps. I also made sure to put away the happiness checker before going into daycare.

ID: 35635
SID:06048

Could the fast hatch AR code be affecting the egg?

It depends on your point of view, really. Either way you need to know exactly when you soft reset and have to catch a Pokemon to check your seed. The main difference is that the original method involves button mashing to find an average while Emloop et al has you starting off with a set number to base an average off of.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm Trying to Breed a Shiny Beldum.
What is your target seed and frame? AB00027A
What is the delay of that seed?

How did you verify your seed? Verified using coin flips.
I got H,T,H,H,H,H,H,T,H,H

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? This is the second time I got the wrong nature and its not shiny. I got a Brave Beldum that isn't shiny both times. Both times I verified my seed was correct with coin flip and I made sure to use a calculator for flips/taps. I also made sure to put away the happiness checker before going into daycare.

ID: 35635
SID:06048

Could the fast hatch AR code be affecting the egg?
Exactly which egg frame are you aiming for? Are your parents international (I.E., from two different game languages)?

Method J/K spreads are the same as method 1 except being in a different order right? Are there any method 1 spreads that don't appear in method J/K?

I've noticed that sometimes the spreads I search for using RNGreporter don't show up when I generate the list of spreads using a particular seed. I also see this with some of the spreads in the Excel file linked in the RNG article.

e.g. seed 11202AD has a 31/17/31/31/31/31 spread at frame 3957 for method 1 but I can't seem to find that same spread for method J.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Method J/K spreads are the same as method 1 except being in a different order right? Are there any method 1 spreads that don't appear in method J/K?

I've noticed that sometimes the spreads I search for using RNGreporter don't show up when I generate the list of spreads using a particular seed. I also see this with some of the spreads in the Excel file linked in the RNG article.

e.g. seed 11202AD has a 31/17/31/31/31/31 spread at frame 3957 for method 1 but I can't seem to find that same spread for method J.
They are not the same and just re-ordered. You will notice that in method J you see some frames more than once. If you see some more than once that means that there are some that are method 1 that you don't see at all.

edit: about 7% of method 1 frames are "hidden" by method j/k

Yes (in the sense that Method J/K spreads will also show as Method 1 spreads on different frames; otherwise see above) and yes, though some of those cases are fixed by using a Synchronizer. For instance, a Bold Synchronizer on that seed will give you that spread starting on frame 3908.

Does the message 'Got ___ from ___' (as in a trade) advance the frame when flipping the journal in platinum? Has this been looked at before?

The only known way to advance the frame for the Pokéwalker is to transfer a Pokémon to the game, without exiting the Pokéwalker screen. Each Pokémon transferred advances the frame by 2.

For example, if you catch 3 Pokémon, transfer them, then catch 2 more, the last will be on frame 9 (4 Pokémon were transferred before it, advancing the frame by 8).

I'm going to look into alternative ways to advance the frame later.

Also, the PID of Pokéwalker Pokémon depends on the IRNG. However, the IRNG is also advanced through the swirl animation when transferring, and the PID is generated differently than that of eggs. I'm pretty confident I've figured it out, but I just need to test some more ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)