Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Kiddu, I've been using an Oddish in my Emerald game and Sweet Scent seems to take around 4.5 seconds. I would really recommend using a synchronizer with it though. Using a Synchronizer I managed to hit 2 shiny spreads within 5 or 6 tries.
If I hit a shiny frame when collecting an egg from the old man in Emerald, will the egg be shiny?
Well obviously I'll be using a Synchronizer, but I needed to know so I have an idea how far back to set my timer. Thanks.

And shininess is always set once the old man is standing with the egg, so if you mean hitting a shiny spread after "Take good care of it," then no.

That sucks, but I guess it was worth asking about before I tried. Synchronizers don't work at all on Method 1 pokemon in Emerald, do they? I'm pretty sure they don't but I keep missing the frame on this Regi and I'll take any help I can get.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone would be able to tutor me in HG/SS breeding? I really want to jump on the bandwagon, it;s just i'm a horrible self learner. Also i figured this would be the best place to post this as opposed in random trade threads. If it isn;t i'm sorry.

There are Youtube vids on how to do it by Bearfan. See the first page of this help thread for links. I also wrote some step by step guides to help noobs along.

Thank you for the help. Bearsfan video was helpful, but i have two questions.

One is my Gameboy's time, i can reset the minute, but the seconds stays whereever it was before, so i'm not sure if i'm calibrating it right.

Second was, if I don't aim for a shiny egg, do i just pop my parents in with Elm? Or do i still have to do the first step in order to get the right nature?

Thank you for the help. Bearsfan video was helpful, but i have two questions.

One is my Gameboy's time, i can reset the minute, but the seconds stays whereever it was before, so i'm not sure if i'm calibrating it right.

Second was, if I don't aim for a shiny egg, do i just pop my parents in with Elm? Or do i still have to do the first step in order to get the right nature?
Watch your clock when you hit A. It always reverts to 0 seconds. That's why your timer programs always count off a total equal to the seconds of your target time.
parents in with elm? Not sure I follow. What part exactly are you asking about?

You don't have to, but you can still get a non-shiny egg through the same method by using a ID/SID pair different from yours. It depends on how lucky you think you'll get with just generating eggs.

First time breeding in HG - I deposit the parents in the daycare. Will talking to the old guy and telling me not to call me mess things up? How about walking on grass and starting a pkm battle? How about in-coming calls (that I didn't pick up)?
No, it won't.

Is there any difference between the frame the Red Gyarados is on and the frame it gives you for the Chained Shiny (Theoretical)?

I have also tried rejecting 9 eggs and taking the 10th, (rejecting 6 eggs and taking the 7th...in case the roamers made any difference). Both failed.....

I'm really not sure where else it could've been wrong....
(I have sapphire GBA game inserted to help reach the even delay....if that made any difference for shiny PID...) Without the cart i always get 549 or 551.
when the seed shows it at frame 10, it means I need to reject the first 9 eggs and take the 10th , correct?
Or is the only way to advance egg frame to call Joey?

I do have 3 roamers, and GBA sapphire inserted. Could those be the reason that i didn't end up with the correct PID?

I did receive phone calls while going for the 10th egg, but I didn't pick up any of them.

If any could has any insights on what I should've done that would be great.

Is there any difference between the frame the Red Gyarados is on and the frame it gives you for the Chained Shiny (Theoretical)?
For me, there was no difference. I calibrated that my Gyarados was frame 1 so all the frames matched accordingly.

in the spreadsheets in the manipulation guide if im gonna sweet scent it says i cannot use those spreads for method j unless i generate the seeds with method j in the rngreporter so my question do i just copy paste in the principal window of the reporter and i use that spread (the one that says actual?) or do i have to do something more?

Alright I've been out of the RNG loop for a couple months, how in the hell do I RNG Lugia when I can't call elm to varify my seed or use the radio to advance my frame?

when the seed shows it at frame 10, it means I need to reject the first 9 eggs and take the 10th , correct?
Or is the only way to advance egg frame to call Joey?

I do have 3 roamers, and GBA sapphire inserted. Could those be the reason that i didn't end up with the correct PID?

I did receive phone calls while going for the 10th egg, but I didn't pick up any of them.

If any could has any insights on what I should've done that would be great.
You are correct - you can either pick up/reject eggs or call Joey.

I'm not sure about roamers, but incoming phone calls can definitely mess up your frame. Try and go for a lower frame so there's less chance of that happening. :)

@ gundambot, you can also choose a time that is well before the end of the hour. Most incoming calls occur when the hours change. When breeding, I try to choose times in the first half hour.

I need the encounter slot for a pokemon in a rock, but RNG Reporter isn't giving me this. Do any of the other encounter slots correspond?

For example: is sweet scent in a cave corresponding with breaking a rock?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need the encounter slot for a pokemon in a rock, but RNG Reporter isn't giving me this. Do any of the other encounter slots correspond?

For example: is sweet scent in a cave corresponding with breaking a rock?
rock smash pokemon don't have any encounter slots listed atm so your just going to have to try and get lucky when you try and abuse them lucky enough that you hit your frame, that anything at all pops up, and that its the Pokemon you want imo not worth it for now.

Watch your clock when you hit A. It always reverts to 0 seconds. That's why your timer programs always count off a total equal to the seconds of your target time.
parents in with elm? Not sure I follow. What part exactly are you asking about?
I'm sorry, percocet seems to make my sentences sound exactly how i intended them. What i mean was, you know how you put the parents in day care and end up getting the right nature and shiny egg. If you weren;t going for shiny then do i have to do that step or can i go through eggs until i get the right nature/ability and then start the soft resetting?

I'm sorry, percocet seems to make my sentences sound exactly how i intended them. What i mean was, you know how you put the parents in day care and end up getting the right nature and shiny egg. If you weren;t going for shiny then do i have to do that step or can i go through eggs until i get the right nature/ability and then start the soft resetting?
You should be able to. You can also put in a random ID/SID combo and use that instead as long as it is not yours.

Just a quick question.

I want to RNG a Manaphy Egg from Ranger, but I don't know whether it's Method 1, or another.. And I also want to know if I can manipulate the nature.

Thanks in advance =)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick question.

I want to RNG a Manaphy Egg from Ranger, but I don't know whether it's Method 1, or another.. And I also want to know if I can manipulate the nature.

Thanks in advance =)
its method 1 so the nature listed on the spread you want is the nature you get.

When I caught my red gyarados, I didn't know how to find my SID catching multiple gyarados, so I have only one.

Now I calculated its IVs and put them into "Chain to seed" but, obviously, it gave me 328 possible results.

Is there a way to see all these 328 possible SIDs?

When you callibrate, as long as you find a poke within the minute, the actual time it takes to get in the party doesn't matter, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)